PDA

View Full Version : Were to fish in Galveston?

Jeff Gordon63
12-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Want to do some salt water fishing for a change. Was thinking of heading to Galveston saturday afternoon/night. Should I try, Texas City Dike, Seawolf Park, or 61 st Pier? Any other ideas?

greyloon
12-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Seawolf for flounder may still be good. I prefer Gulf Coast Pier to 61st, but haven't been in a long time. Used to fish the Dike a bit, but waded back then. I've heard that its gotten a bit rough there with lots of car break ins. At this point, the weather Saturday doesn't look great.

Melissaa52
12-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I am DYING to go fishing for FLOUNDER and some Reds (and maybe Specs)!!!!

minner skinner
12-13-2007, 10:22 PM
there is a honey hole on the west side of moses lake. its called the fish spot. they have the best burgers around. thats where I'll be. the wind and temp are suppose to be nasty this weekend. the front outta blow most shore fishing spots dry. still interested? I'd try the Pelican Island shoreline which should be somewhat protected but crowded. fishingtx hint, avoid seawolf, park across from A&M if still allowed. walk down and fish the shoreline. might need rubberboots to reach the waters edge. monster flounder are picked off here every year.

johnEtrout
08-08-2008, 06:07 PM
probably gonna try texas city sunday early,early morning

irfishyir2
08-08-2008, 06:36 PM
The 91st street pier is the best place right now. they took the T down on 61st street pier for the hurricane. Dont know if its been put back up yet but without the T the pier just doesnt get out far enough. Yep, the Texas City Dike sure has had a lot of unsavory folks down there lately. Drunks, peddlers, etc........be careful if you go there.

Scotta
08-09-2008, 12:04 PM
As your approaching sea wolf you can park and a short hike through the woods on the right will get you on a flat off the ship channel. Very good speck fishing if the water is green. If not you can take the dirt roads to the left and fish near the concrete ship

johnEtrout
08-10-2008, 09:13 PM
went to texas city today 2 small specs thats it