PDA

View Full Version : Sept. Gathering

Gentleben
06-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Ok guys give em some dates for a Sept/Oct Lake Houston Gathering check your calenders, so no one will be left out!!

capn
06-16-2004, 12:56 PM
September would be tough. Teal season will likely be the 11th thru the 26th. I don't dove hunt, but doves will probly be open the weekend before that.

Local saltwater tournament that medulla and I are helping organize will be either the 9th or 16th of October. October 30 will likely be the opener of south zone duck season.

Just some caution dates.

Nine Lives
06-16-2004, 08:54 PM
Other than Labor Day Weekend, schedule is open

Is LHM the anticipated location?
The hookups (trailer) would be good for me.

Also, is this going to be the in-house tourney?
$20 - $30 should cover for some door prizes.

ie. - FishingTX.com hats, t-shirts, bumper stickers - if Cheryl's in for it too?

Gentleben
06-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Yeap LHM is the anticipated location. we'll launch at the dock just north of LHm for $4.0 0 and be done with the added charges, also we can moor at that same locatrion keep LHm from chargin g us the addded 5 $ or i will try to work out a set price with Jerry.

Gentleben
06-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Sorry Capn it needs to be in Sept

BBDuck
06-17-2004, 08:06 AM
Either the last weeekend in September or the first weekend of October should work.
That should fall between early Teal and regular season if it doesn't interfer with scouting :lol:

Gentleben
06-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Will take that into consideration, Thanks BB

Warden
06-17-2004, 03:15 PM
LMH? your talking foriegn. Lake Houston Mrina? I'm open to any day look forward to meeting yall

Warden
06-17-2004, 03:57 PM
i say lets look at lake conroe or lake livingston, lhm is getting real rundown and they could careless about our boats.

06-17-2004, 05:19 PM
if cagle has the registration office open by then were we can reserve spots im for there this is really a nice park with good fishing close by

06-17-2004, 05:22 PM
if cagle has the registration office open by then were we can reserve spots im for there this is really a nice park with good fishing close by i vote for sept 10,11,12th 2nd choice 17.16 19 but i am on call so may not be there but i have made enought let some of the others decide

Gentleben
06-17-2004, 08:37 PM
yes soryy there jedt2 LHM is Lake Houston Marina.
o k ya all go ahead to Lake Livingston and Conroe I'll fish Lake houston

06-17-2004, 09:13 PM
whats wrong with conroe ben they got some excillent places to camp up there and nothing like fishing all day with a hot shower at nite

Gentleben
06-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Besides all that LHM ain't that bad considering the lasr dump we had our last two gatherings :shock: Nothing is wrong with Conroe, gator ya all go ahead , I'll host one in Lake Hosuton someone else will have to do Conroe.I f I can catch fish in lake Houston, does not make much sense to drag myself to another lake :shock: :lol: :D
That's all I am saying .

Warden
06-17-2004, 09:48 PM
look at the overall picture, showers, concrete camper pads, custum tent sites, running water, free launch and access to one great fishing area.

06-17-2004, 10:23 PM
come on ben you will like it up there i always got room for you in my boat brother

Warden
06-17-2004, 10:25 PM
oh yea, electricty and security, on site.

Gentleben
06-18-2004, 01:20 AM
You all go ahead count me out :roll: :oops:

BBDuck
06-18-2004, 08:44 AM
I f I can catch fish in lake Houston, does not make much sense to drag myself to another lake
That's all I am saying .

If we all thought that way I wouldn't have ever gotten to meet yall. I have to pass lake livingston and Lake conroe to get to lake Houston. Both of which have great reputations of catfish. But the thing is the willing to try new places have a scenery change and meet new people that have the same interest.
Don't get me wrong I understand that you are organizing this outing and you want it to be at lake Houston and thats fine I will still go to the gathering
But I can also say I have never had any jugs stolen from any other lake until I came to lake Houston.

Warden
06-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Duck, i would really like to know exactly where your jugs where?
Did you get those others going yet?

Here is my thoughts.
I like lake houston, I have said many times why go anywhere else , when i got the best fishing right here in my back yard.
Well this is whyI would go to cagle if it is there. friends, friends, more friends, and besides that, there is a hellofabigfishwaitinonmeupthere.

Warden
06-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Why don't you all try to something new. Cagle is a great campground and L. Houston has nothing like it. So, why not camp and catfish at Cagle/Conroe and arrange the suggested crappie tourney on L. Houston for Saturday Morning? Best of both worlds, and knocks out a couple of agenda items in one weekend.

The lakes are close enough that if somebody wanted to participate in both they could easily trailer the boat back and forth.

Just a suggestion to try and reach a consensus.

Gentleben
06-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Good , good getting some good input, sound s like evryone wants it up there :D :lol:
Need some one to set it up since i know nothing anbout those parts of the world;;
Ok someone stand up and be counted ,who wants it ??
Where the heck u coming from BBduck?? o h by the way ,i have a very good attitude :shock: :mad: :wink:
Jugs don't get stolen in Lake hosuton BIG BIG fish take them and you see them a month or two later we'll find yours someday!!

medulla762
06-18-2004, 11:56 AM
... there is a hellofabigfishwaitinonmeupthere.

No joke wish I could have just seen that one!

Boat and I also missed a goodun the same weekend.

Too bad we can't all have camera crews on every trip, that would be cool.

Thin Water Tracker
06-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Ok I have to put my two cents in here. And I don’t make you mad Ben but when it come to room LHM can’t even come close to what Cagle has to offer. I have been at both places and have never had to wait 30 min to just get out of my boat to get to the truck and then 20 more min. to get to the ramp at Cagle. It the nom. At LHM and not to make you lake Houston guys mad but as far as catching fish there is no comparison between Houston and Conroe you can fill a boat in half the time on Conroe than on lake Houston. The only things Cagle doesn’t have that LHM has is a bait shop and store and Ben’s house around the corner. In my opinion as far as a place that can handle a large group of people Cagle hands down. the price to stay is the same. When I started logging on this board it seem everyone wanted to have a good time on these gatherings no matter were they were. And that seems to be what happing here to a point. Lets face it Lake Houston just can cover the needs of the group so why not move it to where it does the best for the group as a whole and not just because someone just has to have it in their back yard. The first one on Cagle what I read was a great time for all. Between over time and a out of state wedding I’m out of pocket the whole month. If I had a vote I would say Cagle hands down. True Fishermen learn to adjust! Just my two cent worth.

Gentleben
06-18-2004, 06:34 PM
Don, it has already been settled but thatnks for ur 2 cents, it did take charcyter to write that post thanks.

Warden
06-18-2004, 06:55 PM
ahd

Nine Lives
06-18-2004, 07:31 PM
FINALLY !!!
Count me in for Cagle. :D
1 camp site needed

Warden
06-18-2004, 07:32 PM
thanks nine lives, thats 24, 25 and 26of sept.

06-18-2004, 08:07 PM
well i will have to take some vacation but if thats the date im in. vacation posted will be there friday 10am or so ,cooker, 4 ice chest full of ice,oil, and any anything else needed will talk it up closer but for you guys that have not made one of these i have had to use vacation to make alot of these but they are worth it (lucky im maxed out on vacation) but if you can find a way to be there be there we will get you in a boat and get you on the fish.

06-18-2004, 08:10 PM
hey nine lives if its just gonna be you i would not get a site i believe we can put a tent on site with a camper you welcome to bunk with the gators

Warden
06-18-2004, 08:12 PM
for every camper the tent site is free,

Warden
06-19-2004, 07:05 AM
Sept. 25, 26 27 at Cagle on Conroe. I'm in. How's this thing work let me know what I might need to bring.for the group. Not sure if my wife will attend. If she doesn't I'll be fishing by myself. Got a 17' VIP cc if somebody wants to fish with me.

Thin Water Tracker
06-19-2004, 08:00 AM
I'll be on call that weekend and I have to work OT on Sunday but I'll be there Friday and Sat. I Can bring a some ICE and whatever.

Warden
06-19-2004, 08:10 AM
we are working on a plan and a want list, sugestion list and tourey rules, will get back soon,
Thinwater, ice is always good

Nine Lives
06-19-2004, 09:22 AM
tourney for jugs or r&r - or both?

Warden
06-19-2004, 09:25 AM
it will be jugs, let me get the guidelines done and we will post the page, this is Mudcats idea and it will be fair and great. will be more than putting out 100 jugs and counting tally. i need about another week, to finish the details

Gentleben
06-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Thanks **** :D I knew I could count on you and MudCat!! :lol:

06-19-2004, 09:08 PM
55 cats from sat morning run on last muster here kittie kittie

capn
06-20-2004, 10:27 AM
September 25-26 will in all likelihood be closing weekend for teal season. Well, atleast TPWD is proposing it as such for both a 9 day and 16 day season. So, unless there happen to be boucoup teal on the north end of Lake Conroe, which is highly doubtful, I'll have to miss this event. I can run jugs all year... but can only bust them bluewingers for two weeks and it is probly the most fun two weeks of the year!

A ton of people hunt right across the lake from Cagle, so keep in mind that there will be boats running at night that weekend when setting jugs... and there might be some shotguns going off in the early morning. Might steer plenty clear of the shorelines.

06-20-2004, 03:55 PM
good tip thats why during duck season i always tie gentleben to the front of the boat in case we bump into one of them and he always has a gun and most of the time dry powder (unless we get high sided on a log) to shot back . :wink: :wink:

this is only a joke all the **** i give ben do you really think i would take him up the river to a spot with real gators and him packin. :cry:

Gentleben
06-20-2004, 07:29 PM
That's good joke there Gato, did you see them women and some men run when I took my gun out of the front of the boat (after I sank it)started shaking the water out of the barrel bwahhahaha, :oops: that was a funny sight to behold , i pack alot of bs and my trusty pellet pistol that's what that was but they did not know it, i had it for all them mater waccosins that were swimming round.
funny how people will shy away from a gun but will get in a car with a drunk driver , ain't never understood that..
See ya Gato who you gonna have to kick round now :shock:

06-20-2004, 07:42 PM
YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

choo choo man
06-21-2004, 08:27 AM
count me in,i'll need a spot for a travel trailer.i'll have to hook up with someone to pish with.all three days on the camping spot

CastnBlast
06-21-2004, 04:24 PM
Not sure about my schedule yet. Good chance I may be dove hunting in South Texas that weekend. I agree that Cagle is nice . . . been there a few times myself. Nice and wooded and secluded.

LH Marina needs some serious work on their bulkhead. If you have a fiberglass boat you risk having the jagged concrete putting some serious gashes in your gelcoat. I'm not sure what their deal is . . . I have heard they were waiting on an insurance settlement to pay for the repairs. I know one thing . . . I ain't payin' $5 to use their piece of **** ramps until they get some improvements done.

Gentleben
06-21-2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah Gato it takes 55 of them little kitties to make 4 I catch in lake Houston wahahahhahahahah :shock: :shock:
Look in ur right hand !!!

choo choo man
06-23-2004, 06:01 PM
on this here conroe muster at cagle.does anyone know if they are going to have the other part of the camp grounds open and if they built any kind of fish cleaning station.i was just wandering because i haven't heard anything on these things. 8) i'm still going to be there for the 25,26 &27 and do i need to bring my boat or can i land a stop with someone else. :wink: :)

Warden
06-23-2004, 06:06 PM
the bottom camp grounds is open, mudcat has figured out the fish cleaning situation,

Warden
06-23-2004, 06:15 PM
It's being worked on, will have the details after this weekend.
What would be a good entry fee? $5.00? this will be for land lubbers also??????

Nine Lives
06-23-2004, 07:33 PM
I'd be willing to go $20 if a FishingTx t-shirt or ballcap is included, or maybe some CatfishAdventures jug bait ????

Maybe even having a raffle ticket for a CatfishBoat or CatfishAdventures fishing trip ???

Nine Lives
06-23-2004, 07:36 PM
Doesn't the lower campground have quite a few more spaces ??

Just wondering 'cause I'd like to go on a personal trip with the family. But I've been apprehensive about driving all the way there without reservations ?

06-23-2004, 07:54 PM
was there monday night and tuesday morning there are plenty spots gets full friday -sunday im sure but a great place to go they are still working on the office.

Warden
06-24-2004, 06:35 AM
the bottom camp grounds is open, mudcat has figured out the fish cleaning situation,

There are some electrical transformer boxes (the big army green type) just to the left of the boat ramp. I always take a piece of plywood and place on top of them to clean fish. They are the right hieght, solid and close to the water to discard the remains.

(I have a cordless power filet knife so I don't have to worry about an outlet)

Just an fyi in case you didn't know about them.

Nine Lives
06-24-2004, 08:06 PM
In the last salty tourney that I was in, it was a $30 entry fee. They gave out raffle tickets to everyone entered that showed up for the weigh-in. For the categories that didn't place, they gave out those winnings thru a draw of the raffle tickets. This gave the underdogs a chance to get at least something out of it.

Nine Lives
06-24-2004, 08:10 PM
Without knowing Mudcat's setup for fish cleaning, maybe a temporary / mobile cleaning table with the carcasses put directly into a trash can with a bag and lid?

Warden
06-25-2004, 08:48 AM
Here is what i'm thinking for a contest for the land lubbers, that want to get in on the excitement.
There will be attachments sold that will be put in the jugs,. No one will know what the things are except the committe , the people that want to enter will buy as many jugs as they want for $1.00 ea. The jugs belong to the fishermen that have boats. they won't actually buy the jugs , they will be buying the tag that is inside.
The jugs then are put out by the boatmen. during the day the jugs will be run and the fish taken off, as they are taken off the tag is attached to the tail, and put into the livewell. when the fish are brought to the boat ramp the tag will be read and weighed and applied to the # that is on the tag. the tag # will tell who'es it belongs to. 10 fish limit, highest weightwins
We may need some men or women that have liscense to go with the boatmen so we can catch thier limit of fish. All fish that are tagged will be returned to the water. I'll check the legalities of the catch going against the boatmen limit of daily possession, if they are let go at the ramp after weighed.
There is more to this, but basically this is for everyone.
What you'all think?
Any questions post here.
Prize money paid out 50%--25%---15%
the other 10% will go to prizes for drawings.

As soon as this is finalized we will start to take entries and selling the tags.

Warden
06-25-2004, 09:53 AM
I posted this earlier but wanted to let anybody know because there are landlubbers out there. I have a 17' cc If somebody would like to fish with me they are more than welcome. Heck it's going to be a new lake for me and I'm a rookie anyways.

Warden
06-25-2004, 09:55 AM
choo choo man hunting a ride

Gentleben
06-26-2004, 01:19 AM
Ur the one with all the boats :lol: that float :( and run :?
i am scheduled off that Sat and "may" be there for the fellowship and fish fry!! :D :D

All "newbies" Remember that all the fish caught up to sat morning go into a pot for the sat cook off after that it's fair game what ever you catch and sent some home with the least fortunate... 8)

Warden
06-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Now the big question we gonna be able to resevre site? Just wondering cause I looked a reserveusa found the park but nosites available. Is it because they're redoing the park or something else.

Warden
06-29-2004, 04:53 PM
I believe it's firt come first serve, not to sure.

Warden
06-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Yeah thats what I'm thinking. You think there might be a way to get money to somebdy that could be there early to get some spots for us. Man that radar map on www.wunderground.com don't look good in yalls area looks like it might clear out enough for me to do a little r&ring this afternoon.

Nine Lives
06-30-2004, 06:41 PM
... You think there might be a way to get money to somebdy that could be there early to get some spots for us. ....

Same question here.
:?:

Gentleben
07-01-2004, 06:10 AM
U would think so !! :? :lol:

n-splendora
07-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Has date been set yet . I skimmed over the other post didn' t notice a date.

Gentleben
07-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Sept 24 , 25 &26 is what i remembered???

Nine Lives
07-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Okay, What's the latest update here?

Gentleben
07-17-2004, 11:09 PM
faras I know thsoe are the dates , Big Fishing Muster for all websites and for everyone to come and enjoy
We'll be there on Saturday for the fish weigh in and the fry!!!!!!!!!