PDA

View Full Version : Rollover Pass may close

greyloon
04-28-2008, 07:24 AM
Seems that the organization that owns the property can no longer afford to keep it clean. Yes, the Pass is privately owned. Seems the rules for the property require fishing be free. Barring new funds, it may close in June:

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19520423&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512588&rfi=6

Ole Bill
04-28-2008, 07:49 AM
just like everything else that was once free.... people dont respect it they trash it then they cry like babies when it gets shut down.... to bad use to be people would help and pick up after themselves but now days the new generation doesnt have time they are to busy and expect someone else to clean up their messes.....oh yea and God forbid if ya ask them for a dollar to defray the costs.....as far as fishin fer free well the state wants it left free then let the state help with the cleanup.... better the tax dollars go for that then in some representatives pocket...roll over pass holds a lot of fond memories for me but it wouldnt bother me to see them start charging to fish there to help defray cleanup costs..... after all its the people who use this regularly that messes it up.... but i bet anyone a hundred dollars that ya cant git any of them to own up to it.

greyloon
04-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Most never realized Rollover was privately controlled. Can't blame the club for closing it if they can't afford to keep it open. During the croaker run, that place will be three or four deep with anglers...if you can call them that. When they leave, the pile of garbage will also be three or four deep.

Ole Bill
04-28-2008, 07:58 AM
Most never realized Rollover was privately controlled. Can't blame the club for closing it if they can't afford to keep it open. During the croaker run, that place will be three or four deep with anglers...if you can call them that. When they leave, the pile of garbage will also be three or four deep.thats exactly what im talking about and it ruins it for people who care about the property as well as the privilege to fish there. it is a privelege to fish there cause it is private land and yer right most people thinks it belongs to corp of engineers but it dont

gator
04-28-2008, 08:14 AM
thats good info i didn't know it was private i thought the state own it. i wonder what all the high dollar bait houses are doing about this news cause if it shuts down might as well close gilcrest down roll up the sidewalks

irfishyir2
04-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I checked the link and down at the bottom of the page it has an address that you can send membership dues of $25 to. I wouldnt mind donating but just wonder if they could get enough to donate to keep it open.

greyloon
04-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Think they are trying to keep it open, that's the purpose of notice they are running low on funds.