PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fishing ideas around Galveston

Superdave
06-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Taking my elderly parents to Galveston for a few days in September. Mom and Dad were avid fishermen when younger. Mom loved crappie fishing and Dad's favorite was rainbow trout fishing. They're in their mid-eighties and want to try some saltwater fishing on this trip. Mom hates the head boats that take hours of rough boat riding to get to the fishing grounds. Both are in good health but tire easily now. I am thinking of booking a guide to take them out for trout/redfish. They need to be able to sit down frequently. A jetty trip might be good because it would not involve a long boat ride and one side or the other should have some calm water. Anyone have any other ideas and recommendations?

willie
06-29-2008, 03:54 PM
call capt greg francis. aka aquapimp at saltwaterassualt.com

NewCaneyFishingLady
06-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Sorry, I can't help you with a Galveston trip but I sure wish you and your parents the best of luck in your catches.

cacciato71
07-02-2008, 05:51 PM
There are several good guides out of the Galveston area, but there are also some real losers. Be careful on who you hire. The one mentioned above has a good rep and so does Jim West. Hillman Guide service is another good bet. They all run about the same. I would strongly recommend that if you are going to hire a guide for that time of year you jump on it now. The good ones book fast.

Superdave
07-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks. I sent an email out to Capt. Greg Francis at saltwaterassualt.com and got a quick reply. Sounds like we'll be able to do business. Appreciate the replies and will do a report in September.:applause:

willie
07-03-2008, 10:57 AM
tell him willie said to give you a discount.lol

Superdave
07-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Willie,
:question:is he gonna get mad at me if I call him Aquapimp?

bluesmavin
07-03-2008, 04:39 PM
sometimes the galvaston fishing pier can be good.

Ole Bill
07-03-2008, 07:30 PM
there ya go superdave ask and yu shall receive bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah good luck on the fishin trip with the elderly folks and dont fergit the picks i have a soft spot in my heart for my elders

willie
07-04-2008, 06:22 AM
no he won't get mad. in fact he prefers it.