PDA

View Full Version : Cape Cod Ma. Blue Fisng with the Kids

Captain Dave
07-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Went out to the Cape for a few days while vacationing in New England and took my Daughter, Mother and my 10 year old Nephew who does not get to go out fishing cause his uncle lives 1700 miles away. Needless to say that he was stoked on going out to catch some bluefish ( Large Northern Piranas ) on a charter boat going out of Nantucket Sound.

Boat ride was short out the the hole. Incoming tide was fished with Diamond jigs and cut bait. Water was about 62 degrees.

The blues that were up to 12 pounds tore up the jig. I got to fish the jigs for awhile and it was non stop top water head shaken for a few hours straight. Mom and the kids were up at the bow slaying em for dinner while I worked the tide with the jig on the stern. It was catch , gaff and the crew put em in a bucket . These toothy blues will take your finger off in a heartbeat. We snapped a few pics of ones that we preserved on ice and got lock jaw..

It was a great day out with family and I cooked up a few dinners on what we kept. The blues tasted absolutely superb. Not a touch of fishy smell or oily. Prepared them as Nantucket Baked Bluefish in the photo.

For those who never been to the cape it is an paradise of huge tuna fish 15 miles from shore starting in August and the list go on and on. No crowds on the water here.

Last pic is the Kennedy Compound.

Ole Bill
07-10-2008, 07:54 AM
good report nice pics the kids look like they are having a ball i agree on you with the waters up there. lived in NH for two years working and fishing up their and really enjoyed it. right on bout the blues too. but i still dont like to eat em .... got spoiled on fresh haddock and tuna i guess.

gator
07-10-2008, 09:24 AM
take the kids up to plymoth rock they should rename it plymoth stone. most common saying there "its so small" really cool to see it though. thanks for the pictures and enjoy the weather its hot here

tylerdan
07-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Good story and pictures. I bet it was a little cooler up there!

NewCaneyFishingLady
07-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Great trip!! Great pics too!! The kids look very happy and the food looks delicious. Hopefully, one of these days I will get up there to Maine for some of those cheap, scrumptious lobsters.

medulla762
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Cool...choppers!

I guess wire is necessary when catching blues!?

I remember the first one I caught. Could not beleive how incredibly sharp those teeth are.

Melissaa52
07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Wow! Great story! Looks like you all had a lot of fun. I'm jealous now. LOL

Your daughter is so pretty.

The food looks good too. YUM!

The compound looks BEAUTIFUL!!

Glad you guys had fun.

gator
07-10-2008, 03:57 PM
The compound looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

yeah "your tax dollars at work"

LuckyBass13
07-10-2008, 05:11 PM
wow, nice trip, I guess you forgot to pack me in your suitcase, lol.. food look real good!!! yummy

Layton
07-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Man what a trip. Id like to have one of those home on a lake. lots &lots of tax dollars.

kingwoodcatfisherman
07-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Nice pics ! Looks like ya'll had a great time !