PDA

View Full Version : Lake Houston Muster Oct 23rd 04

Gentleben
10-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Ok, let's get it rollin, Muster at Lake Houston Marina.
This i what I need to pull this one off, I have ten (10) camp sites , not hook ups we'll have to use generators .
I can reserve the area just next to the water and the bridge for 10 campers and tents , i will need to have $20.00 from whoever wants a spot, only 10 so reserve your spot now , if all 10 spots are not reserved then we will postpone the Muster til another day and your money will be refunded.
We will have the area roped off for Fishingtx members only so get in on this special extragavanza now , that's Octr 23= 24 th weekend , start friday at noon til Sunday noon. What do you all think?? Lake is low now and may not be up by that weekend so BJ's may not be an option!!

Randy
10-10-2004, 11:39 AM
I am for having it at lake Houston Marina, it won't be so much windsheild time getting down to the bridge.

Gentleben
10-10-2004, 02:29 PM
That's right and it will only cost us $10 a night to camp and boat launch plus keeping boat right there where you can see it
Can I put you down for #1 camp spot??

BIGDAVE
10-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Ben, put me down for a spot. If I don't use it someone else can.

Gentleben
10-11-2004, 03:50 AM
Ur da man Dave 8 more to go!! Thanks Davey!! :lol:

Thin Water Tracker
10-11-2004, 05:48 AM
Looks like I may be able to make one day to do some fishing. Not sure if it will be Fri. or Sat.

If they have taken the lake down that much it would be a good time to do some marking those stumps that at just under the water at normal pool. I have to dig up some rope and floats.

JerryNTA
10-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Ill be there but since so close to the house. I will sleep in my bed :)

Gentleben
10-11-2004, 06:14 PM
That's a good idea Don. And Jerry we'll be looking for you~!!

choo choo man
10-11-2004, 09:15 PM
i'll even show up to check everthing out,but i'll have to sleep in my own bed also.it's close to the house

dpiper
10-11-2004, 09:53 PM
I'll let my wife drag me there for one of the days but camping is out of the question. I too will sleep in my bed.

Never the less this neophyte is striving to lose this moniker and become a jedi catfish master :wink: .

Gentleben
10-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Sorry guys but we'll have to postpone this muster til Nov. when I can have my boat ready and maybe we'll pick up enough campers to cover all the costs.About the 19 , 20 weekend that will give us enogh time to organize.

Gentleben
10-13-2004, 08:49 PM
After numberous calls and careful diliberation I decided to make it a one day thing on Sat Oct 23 rd we can meet at the big Park on Sunny glenn and just have a good ole time . :D 8)
I will be using my secret ole recipe of G&B Ultra cutbait :lol: :lol: , i'll let you all in on my secret recipe, it is beef heart with garlic powder and works good on cats except for RedNeck Soap ,It really won't matter about who catches more or the biggest I will have some jug kits and will show who ever wants how to make the Fishingtx Flagging Juggs come by I wll have my smoker going all day so come on out you'll be glad you did !!

MicroSoft
10-14-2004, 06:17 AM
Thanks GB and I'll need a qt of that GB bait.

Gentleben
10-14-2004, 06:56 PM
To get to the park turn north on Lake Houston Parkway when you get to where the street forks take a left, go all the way down til you see Sunny Glenn on the right.

Gentleben
10-14-2004, 07:02 PM
It will be about the third street to the right turn there, if you get to where the street turns to the left you have just missed it on the right, turn around and go back,

Gentleben
10-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Follow Sunny Glenn around til you see the park gate on the left and turn there!! You have finally made it, give yourself a big pad on the back!!

Gentleben
10-18-2004, 05:42 PM
I know lot of you folks read and don't sign up, but I need a response from all who will be at the Oct 23 Muster so I can get Guest passes for everyone in attendance,.
Thank you

dpiper
10-18-2004, 06:11 PM
I'll be there with three guests.

dpiper
10-18-2004, 06:11 PM
I'll be there with three guests.

Bgbluecat
10-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Would like to do this Ben but, you know it's still archery season. Will be at the lease that weekend. Will try to make the next one. Did spend some time on the lake this past Sunday. Did poorly. Fished my usual spots at the usual depth and only got five fish. Another fellow was jugging the surface (appeared to be at about 3 and 5 foot) and he was catching more than I.

I did find a large dead flathead cat (70-75lbs) floated up against one of the new islands rising from the lake. No apparent cause for mortality. Waste of a trophy fish.

Gentleben
10-19-2004, 04:58 AM
Thanks Guys!!

choo choo man
10-19-2004, 06:33 AM
my wife and i will be there, ben.

Randy
10-19-2004, 07:39 AM
Hope to see all of you there.

dpiper, are you going to be able to bring your boat also?

dpiper
10-19-2004, 03:55 PM
My boat and I will be there. I will also be bringing my brother, his son, and a friend.

The wife and son will be at the Renaissance Festival.

D. Piper

Gentleben
10-19-2004, 05:24 PM
That makes 6 the way I count , 1 guest pass per vehicle !!
Randy
Dpiper
Choo choo man
BigDave
Jerry gtnet
who else MW you gonna make it??

dpiper
10-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Two questions.

What time will be gathering and what is the name of the park?

Thanks

don diego
10-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Ben,
I'm still planning on being there. I will put in at the Atascocita boat ramp and motor across the Lake to the Park. So I don't know if I need a guest pass. You tell me. Like I told you last week, I plan to start catching fish on Friday Morning since I'm off. When are you going to be there?

dd

JerryNTA
10-20-2004, 08:31 PM
ben ill be showing up

Gentleben
10-20-2004, 09:27 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys be there at day break and the name of the park is the Big Lakewood Heights park.
Choo choo man gonna bring the fish frier and evervyone else bring hush puupies , porky breans bread oil some ting , we'll be there all day ,Good ta see yo uare coming Jerrynta, DD i wil lbe ou tthere late friday to set m yjuggs and wil lset the barrle by the par k i'l lcall yo uand tell yo uwhre it gonna be !!

JerryNTA
10-21-2004, 06:45 AM
this is place is on the Atascocita side ?

dpiper
10-21-2004, 04:20 PM
Here is a small map of the subdvision.
http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/business/homedata/l/lakeh.jpg

D. Piper

Gentleben
10-21-2004, 06:45 PM
No, Jerry this park is on the east bank of Lake Houston, turn North at the East Lake houston parkway light and go to Cherry Valley turn left go to Sunny Glenn turn right go about 1/2 to 3/4 mile and the park is on the left.
If you dn't have a boat just park outside the park and walk in, you can save your $2.00 guest pass :cry:
Call me if you get lost 281 451 0559 and some one will go get you ..\Pleaase post what you will be bringing so we don't duplicate !!
The boats may have to be walked off the trailers due to low lake level but we'll work it out just come on. I'll walk the boats off no problem

Gentleben
10-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Check out dpipers map it is very clear where the park is thanks dpiper you da man!!

BIGDAVE
10-21-2004, 07:30 PM
dpiper thats a good map! If someone can't find the park with it, they just don't won't to come. Thanks! Ok, I checked the pantry. Got two gallons of veggy oil, some of my secret spicy fish fry for y'all to try, two tables, wood for the pit. What else we need? O'yeah, I pick up some bread. You never know Ben might swallow a bone. Say Ben! seein how you live so close do you reckon the warden will let us use her kitchen sink to clean the fish? Tell her I'll bring my cutting board. Ha Ha just joking!

choo choo man
10-22-2004, 10:19 AM
on this one day muster for 10/22,who is bring what?this will give each other something to go on.has what to bring.
i'm bringing my fish fryer,oil,paper towels and a little table.
might need another fish fryer

dpiper
10-22-2004, 11:10 AM
I'll be bringing some stuffed jalapenos, both cheese and saugage.

BIGDAVE
10-22-2004, 11:41 AM
Got you covered on the fish fryer choo choo man.

JerryNTA
10-22-2004, 01:14 PM
Ok well I just got a offer to go fish out in the bay ..... Since I dont get to go that often Im gonna take it.. If for some reason have to come home early Ill stop by

Gentleben
10-22-2004, 09:24 PM
I don't blame you jerry this no fish catching bunch of fishermen, will probably go to Catfish kitchen but wait a minute we had a few sneak out and do a little pre muster scouting and caught a few fish, DD put about 25 fish in the barrel about 1500 and then BigDave put some in the box as we came out so we may have enough for a fish fry and ohoh the choo choo man is out there setting jugs out tonight Randy is doing the "Muster Mambo" to bring the phish spirits down so lets go!!
JUMPING jELLIE bEANS , Dang, Randy just called, dpiper and his crew will be here about midnight and get a jump on it wow it sounds like this guys can' t wait to get in the water!!

Gentleben
10-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Even the little kids got into it, this is Bigdaves pride and joy and he loves to jug!!

dpiper
10-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Great muster you put on there GB. My crew and I had a great time. The quality of fishermen there, which fishingtx.com has attracted, was outstanding.

And the food was excellent.

Thank you all.

Looking forward to next month's. My wife and son are planning on attending, schedule permitting of coarse.

Gentleben
10-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Dpiper ,It was my pleasure and honour to have folks like You , Ronnie Piper , John and Steven Russ and especially Steven since he is the Future Fisherman of America.
Special thanks to the folks who really made this happen, with such great success, in spite of the weather ,Big Dave and Levie for all the hard work and the canopy and all the fish , the groceries, fire wood , the fish frier and you guys are great , Mr and mRs Choo Choo man , for all the groceries , and boy that Sylvia can whittle them french fires out. she is quick with that knife don't mess with her HAHA.
The fish Don Diego supplied us with was outsatnding , >the fish cleaning was awesome a production line that would not quit!! ,Steven, John Big Dave and Ronnie you guys gave them fish heck!!
Dpiper you supervisory skills were great, i don't know who brought who but thanks for coming and fishing with us here at fishing tx we had a great time . by the way Ronnie we found your jugg had, a fish hahaha
Randy thanks for makin the show , man you and Sharon added life to this party, Jaimie thanks for the tarp and bringing the boys by ,, Randys canopy saved the day cause it is hard to fry fish in the rain :shock: ,thanks to the Warden as she took over here ,Big dave Sylvia Choo Choo thanks for taking the KP detail. Don Diego man it was great thanks for the fish Choo choo will be cleaing fish for a while,Thanks for breaking camp , Zeke finally showed up and helped with the cleanup , not many folks there but all quality people and we loved it. officer D. Magurn visited the camp early in the morning and kept an eye on our live barrel frdiay night.
Thanks guys all of you were graet, we may do this on a monthly basis and the price was zero for docking and camp was also donated . That is awesome where else can you enjoy the pleasuers of life `at such a price

Gentleben
10-23-2004, 08:06 PM
Everytime I saw Steven he had a big fish in his hands!!
The fish cleaning table consisted of the bulk head and a generator to drive the fillet knife and alot were filleted by hand this guys were great and deserve a hand !!
there were four boats working juggs and that was plenty, (finally got mine going) alot of teamwork and i loved it cause it made my job easyire . The Muster was hosted by everyone there and we are going to do it again and again and again as long as you all want it. iyt was youyr Muster all i did was show up. Thanks guys all of you made this work out great
Had alot of advertisement for Redneck and don't quiet know how to digest that , doesn't matter

Gentleben
10-23-2004, 08:32 PM
The wildest thing that happened was that my boat got away and I had to wade out and get her back, think DD got a pic of that !!

Randy
10-23-2004, 09:19 PM
All I can say I enjoyed it, as always,
I am just thankful we all could get together.
It was good to see everyone.
Big Dave, what was that ulta secret seasoning again? it was awsome.
Ben you did a good ...GREAT job on this one.

Gentleben
10-24-2004, 07:57 AM
:D :P Well DD said his camera failed :shock: anyway I had the greatest time i never had , today is for cleaning up I got my coffee pot stove fixed last night , i f you did not get a personal call from me thanking you for making this happen is be cause i could not find you rnumber , talked to Choo choo man about 2200 he had jsut finished cleaning fish , we had few nice fishs not in the hundreds but enough to eat and for the newcomers to take home .
Jason, sorry you missed it, buddy maybe you all can make the nov Muster keep checkin gthe website.
Randy next time don' tdo the "Muster Mambo" too long, the wind about took our canopys down :lol: :oops:
Jerrynta you missed a good show!! :D

dpiper
10-24-2004, 08:46 AM
GB you've hooked a big one. I know you don't get to hear that often but when it happens you should hear it. My brother's and his kid are already looking forward to the next muster.

Hey DD, have you been fishing very long? :lol: You were on fire. :onfire:

Thanks to all: Gentleben; Cho Cho man; Bigdave; DonDiago; Randy for the great board. Hope i didn't miss anybody.

don diego
10-24-2004, 09:05 AM
When I got home yesterday and tried to download my camera to my computer, I found there were no pictures on it. I'm not sure what happened. Oh well, that's a $20 camera for you. Too bad, I had some shots of Ben swimming out to retrieve his boat.
I just wanted to say I had a blast. Glad I got to meet some more of the FishingTx clan. The food was great. Everybody involved in the preparation did a fine job considering the rain and all. I'll be looking forward to the next muster.

dd

Gentleben
10-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Good gooood gooood , just lets be sure that the master mind behind all of this Mr Catfishboat himself Randy Frezina gets the credit where credit is due , he has done a dad gum good job of not only running this board, but a few others and sponsoring this muster. , :lol:
I am glad everyone enjoyed it,, cause you all made it the sucess it was, even during the high winds when everyone was holding on to a canopy leg so it would not blow away :shock:
I got to go to work so i can rest up for the next one
DD was not on fire he just catches alot of fish hehhehes too bad you lost them pictures DD, some folks like to see others in distress and then some find humour in i t , i thought it was hilarious!!Look up ther and my boat is floating off!! i think Randy probably kicked iy while we weren't looking!

Gentleben
10-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Top pic is DD and Dpiper then Digdave and choo choo cutting fish!!

BIGDAVE
10-24-2004, 07:19 PM
I just got back from Livingston is the reason I havn't posted sooner. Guy's and Gal's I wanted to say I enjoyed our mini outing very much. From reading the posts it looks like everyone else did too. GREAT!! It was a privlege to meet everyone and put faces with names. Can't wait to do it again!

Randy, That was Bass Pro Shops, Uncle Bucks Fish Batter original (spicy). There is also the Seasoned and Light n Krispy. All are very good but spicy is my favorite. You can get it from HEB or Bass Pro Shops.

I havn't mastered the techniqie of taking alot of pictures along with everything else going on at these musters, like Gentleben. But I got my eye on him! even when he is on the lake with choo choo man!

Gentleben
10-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Man :shock: that ugly lookin hat or maybe it is the fatman under it :D :D
Thanks again Bigdave , you were one busy fellow !!! next one in novemeber ,watch your calender!!
Top photo aee lef tto right Ronnie Piper , in the middle Big Dave and on the right is mr John Russ, Bottom phote is Sylvia, aka Mrs Choo Chooman , she was in charge of the kitchen and did a great job, thank you Sylvia!!

Gentleben
10-24-2004, 09:02 PM
Hey dad what da ya say when the big guy puts the knife down we jump him and take his fish, :lol: :shock: Steven and John Russ Bigdave in the front :lol: :lol:
Second photo Dpipers Toony

Bottom photo, Big dave doing the "Muster Mambo"

medulla762
10-25-2004, 08:04 AM
I...even when he is on the lake...

Ben spends more time IN THE LAKE than he does on the lake...bwwwaaahahahaha...

Glad yall had a good time.

I sure will be glad when my schedule fits a muster, its been too long!

Gentleben
10-25-2004, 08:20 AM
Dulla, You tell us when you gonna be off and we'll try to work it out!!
This out to get you in the mood!!!
This is Blake our very own TxCastnblast with a few nice crappie; the picture tells the story, no need to brag.
Rght now he is probably slinging arrows like a wild commanche indian st them poor little deer.

medulla762
10-25-2004, 09:45 AM
You aint right Ben. That's not playing fair...hahaha...

Randy
10-25-2004, 05:20 PM
And these two juggers on the last jug run.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/thecatfishboat/lakehouston2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/thecatfishboat/lakehouston1.jpg
BigDave here is that ULTRA SEASONING

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/thecatfishboat/unclebucks.jpg

Gentleben
10-26-2004, 06:22 AM
That's an ole pic just pickin on you Medulla, you don't find them like that very often, that was Choo Choo man and Steven Russ

choo choo man
10-26-2004, 11:22 AM
well,iv'e been bussy since the mini muster cleaning fish for two days and working.my wife and i really enjoyed it,even if it rained for a while and the wind blew so hard that everone was hanging on to the canopy to keep it from blowing away.i enjoyed meeting everone there:dpiper and all of your gang,bigdave and you son,don diago and thanks for the fish,randy and sharon.special thanks for gloria and my wife sylvia for doing the cooking,kp duty.and last but not least,gentleben for getting it together.sorry if i missed anyone,but to everone it was a great time and cann't wait till the next one.

Gentleben
10-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Zeke showed upo to help break camp we apprecite him!!