PDA

View Full Version : 21# flounder

Thin Water Tracker
10-13-2004, 03:01 AM
I was doing some pre flounder run surffing. always looking for new INFO and reports ran on to this. I think I need to buy a plane ticket.

http://store.tackletogo.com/maresfloun.html

medulla762
10-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Don, when do we leave?

Reckin' we could get in a little peacock bass fishing while we where over there?

dwaynez
10-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Nice Post

Thin Water Tracker
10-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Joe I would be there in a min if it wasn't so far. I'll be looking for her little sister here in a few weeks. Come on cold weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

minner skinner
11-09-2004, 01:39 PM
managed a nice stringer of flounder back in greens and over in flamingo isle last sat. Fished an out going tide. the flounder werent very big (14.5 -16) with one 19". used finger mullets. going to try to go gigging here in the next few days since we already ate what we caught. the water was super smooth and a cool breeze made it seem like paradise. cant wait to hit it again.

minner skinner
11-09-2004, 01:41 PM
the opening of deer season sure took alot of boats off the bay.

Randy
11-09-2004, 07:44 PM
minner skinner, that is a big flounder.

minner skinner
11-10-2004, 02:37 PM
those are inches not pounds. not sure how much they weighted but sure it wasn't very much. Although I might have gained a few pounds after that fish dinner. not sure when the big one's will move on out but any advice would be great.

Thin Water Tracker
11-10-2004, 10:52 PM
I would start looking by mid week next week the drop in day time temp is going to kick those big girls in the A$$ they should start moving. That is if the weather man is telling it right this time. I hope to be out there the following week if all goes well.
Got some old stompen grounds and I have a few new places I want to try. With this late start we'll be catching them well into next year unless oldman winter goes all out over the next month a half. Just may be time to take some vacation.

minner skinner
11-12-2004, 09:16 PM
thanks TWT, Hoping the rain stays away as this front really chilled things off today. Last year I saw alot of flounder being caught on fresh dead shad (medhaden) while i had mudminnows and only a few fish. Seen some big flounders caught on croakers. Any "secret" baits that really works well on those running flounders that anybody might want to share? I'll try just about anything. Caught my biggest halibut ever on half of a rainbow trout after running out of live smelt. Not sure what she was thinking or was i was thinking but it worked atleast once.

Thin Water Tracker
11-12-2004, 11:29 PM
Black Salty's were the go to bait for me last year. they are like candy to the flat fish. they are great because. you can keep then in a buck no air and they will keep for a week. When I hit long change I'll buy four to five Doz. and use them for a week. Same pirce as mullet but they are a snap to keep. I jsut leave them in the boat and they are ready for the next trip. year before last I just played around with them but last year they were all I use in the run and it paid off.

minner skinner
11-18-2004, 08:37 PM
wow they can stay alive for a week with no air! Do you have to change the water often? Lots of times i have left over bait fish and just let them go only to be caught and bought again the following weekend. I didnt know they were so durable. going to fish the gal. yaucht basin this weekend. hopefully the flat critters will be hungry.

Thin Water Tracker
11-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Yes a week without a water change. I use a large Cool Bubbles bucker It's about a 6gal bucket with insulation. When the weather is cool they last if it's warm I bring them in then house. But normal in the run it's cool. If you want to change the water they give you the mix on their site. It's http://www.blacksalty.com/index.html
If the wife would have moved her horse back out on a acre I was going to use her 75 gal water trough she had and set up a tank with a pump and then buy them 12 doz. at a time.