PDA

View Full Version : the boss spoke

gator
09-05-2008, 06:11 PM
well mrs. cook came home from work thursday at 1pm and i quote" go hook up the boat" and i course i said "you do it" but she couldn't hear me. "yes master, yes master, boat hook up yes master!"

okay we went down to a wonderful campground/motel on smiths point. spoonbills rv park. see pictures and more info in business section.

we got there and launched made a run to middle east bay deep reef. caught a couple small sand trout okay (3) a couple hardhead (6) cutbait used on all rods
we moved to hannas reef and i caught a first for me a puffer fish really cool thing. left q-beam home so we headed in. medulla this sunsets for you.
got up this morning headed back to boat reefs again on high tide even slower today????????? we had dropped to crab cages off and came home with a dozen crabs released a few females with eggs on the apron. did find this croaker that wasn't to brite stuck in cage had to head him to get him out.these pelicans were really ticked off when we made them move. as far as fish taking home it was a bust but sure enjoyed the time with the wife and was really beautiful out there. but did get 10 pounds of shrimp right of the boat. so tonights supper some fried shrimp a couple of sand trout and a dozen boiled crabs. got of love it.

i talked to several boats and nobody was catching ? anybody want a old boat?

gator
09-05-2008, 06:15 PM
heres a few more

gator gar
09-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Looks like you need stick to what you know. Jug lining catfish! Not unless of course, you just like getting out there and wasting gas. Ol Bill could have shown you where and how to catch a few fish.

A true fisherman would have at least gone by the fish house and picked up a few flounder and took some pics for us and made it look like they were biting.

I guess you'll know better next time.

Ole Bill
09-05-2008, 07:30 PM
well gator i dont reckon i could have done any better no matter what ole GG says. but i bet we would have had a whale of a good time. glad ya got out with the mrs. bet it was fun. did ya enjoy them shrimp crabs and fish i didnt hear my phone ring. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

DBullard
09-05-2008, 07:51 PM
glad you got out with the wife and the weather was great.

gator
09-05-2008, 08:53 PM
well gator i dont reckon i could have done any better no matter what ole GG says. but i bet we would have had a whale of a good time. glad ya got out with the mrs. bet it was fun. did ya enjoy them shrimp crabs and fish i didnt hear my phone ring. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

bbbbbuuuuurrrrrrrppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

kingwoodcatfisherman
09-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Nice pics Gator !:applause:

RAYSOR
09-05-2008, 09:35 PM
nice pics and story, thanks for sharing

Layton
09-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Good to see you and the master going fishing.:secret:biscuts :secret:biscuts

Ole Bill
09-06-2008, 10:25 AM
bbbbbuuuuurrrrrrrppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !i hope that wasnt all the air that silly fish called puffers, balloonfish, blowfish, bubblefish, globefish, swellfish, toadfish, and toadies had sucked in ya know that fish would bring you a small fortune in japan. the meat from that fish is called fugu and is a great delicacy over there only thing wrong is there is only a tiny strip of meat that is edible the rest of that fish has a toxin in the flesh that would only take a pin head of to kill twenty grown men. It take a highly trained fugu chef to clean and present a plate of the flesh from puffers. Puffer Fish are the second most poisonous vertebrate in the world If one is caught while fishing, it is recommended that thick gloves are worn to avoid poisoning and getting bitten when removing the hook. just a little trivia for the safety of everyone fishing in the big salty. they can be found in brackish and fresh water too. some species never leave fresh water but they are all highly toxic. uh gator your bqare fingers that close to the mouth of that fish scares me to think what would have happened to one of my best friends if you have been bitten or pricked by one of the spines

gator
09-06-2008, 11:41 AM
nope notice the rag needle nose pliers i seen the same show on food network on how the learn to clean them and knew this was a little more than a small hardhead. removed the hook and sent him on his way

Scotta
09-06-2008, 01:34 PM
glad you got out and spent time with the misses

roadtrip57
09-07-2008, 12:18 AM
smith point is really a preaty place to visit watch birds or fish ,, jerries and fishermans harveast are great places to buy fresh oysters in season too

gator gar
09-07-2008, 05:54 AM
The Blowfish probably died being exposed to Gators fingers.:applause:

Scotta
09-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Hopefully he just blew GG.

Troutless
09-07-2008, 08:46 PM
I love staying at Spoon Bill Park, and used to catch a lot of trout around there. That was before they dredged out the channel and wiped out the island about 3/4 mile off the point. We called it Bird Island and with a good wind you could smell it before you could see it.