PDA

View Full Version : No longer the 1 flounder lady

NewCaneyFishingLady
12-02-2008, 07:31 PM
The last 2 years when I have gone r/r fishing for flounder, I have only come home with 1 flounder, per trip, that was barely over 14". So, I started calling myself the 1 flounder lady. Well, I have good news, I have advanced and am now the 2 flounder lady.

My day started at 2:00 am this morning (2 hours earlier than planned) with only 3 hours of sleep. I guess it was because of the much anticipated day of driving to Galveston, picking up some finger mullets to fish for flounder with, going to a place I have heard good things about and saw flounders being caught there last Saturday; plus, I was going to get to stay all day.

The day started off real good. I got the spot I wanted, right where flippincrazy sets up. People were getting real thick, I was happy to be there early and get "the" spot. I caught the first fish, a 22" flounder and I caught the second fish, a 21" flounder. Then others started catching them, too. I was ecstatic and happy that I bought 2 dozen mullets! It was looking like a real good day for fishing.

Little did I know that the bites would slow down and I would not catch any more flounder for the remainder of the day, while I was watching others catch them. Something else kept eating my bait. Probably stone or hermit crabs.

At 4 pm, I packed up for my 85 mile ride home only to get stuck in horrific traffic on I45. Construction and 2 accidents made this trip more than 2 hours long.

I met and fished with some real nice people today. They are great when it comes time to net the fish. I got a pic of Dean with one of his flounder and the other man is named Steve. Great guys! I truly enjoyed sitting by the water, watching boats go by, watching waders fish and visiting with others. I will be going again. Soon, I hope.

john
12-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Thats a nice flounder you got.

Gentleben
12-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Wow that is good for you Susan and no more 1 timer for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

tylerdan
12-02-2008, 08:05 PM
In the picture of the guy in the black jacket, he sure is catching that flounder shallow! Is he catching a "dry flounder"?

gator
12-02-2008, 08:07 PM
thats a beautful flounder glad you got a couple

NewCaneyFishingLady
12-02-2008, 08:12 PM
In the picture of the guy in the black jacket, he sure is catching that flounder shallow! Is he catching a "dry flounder"?

Hahahaha, funny Dan! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that. No, he (Steve) had just netted that flounder for Dean and put it onto the dock.

ratred
12-02-2008, 08:31 PM
way to go susan! I wish I was there!

FlippinCrazy
12-03-2008, 06:42 AM
Well I am glad you had a good time and caught a few were their many people down there and were their alot of bigger fish caught and where did you find bait alot of ?s I know but I am getting ready to go down there again and stay 3 or 4 days I am hoping this next cold front will make them females move NCFL got your PM U have my # so give me a call if you and fishinwidower decide to come down I will try to hold on to some real estate for ya

NewCaneyFishingLady
12-03-2008, 06:54 AM
Well I am glad you had a good time and caught a few were their many people down there and were their alot of bigger fish caught and where did you find bait alot of ?s I know but I am getting ready to go down there again and stay 3 or 4 days I am hoping this next cold front will make them females move NCFL got your PM U have my # so give me a call if you and fishinwidower decide to come down I will try to hold on to some real estate for ya

I saw fish about the same size of mine and smaller. There were quite a few people there but not as thick as Saturday. I got bait at Uncle Buck's for $8/dozen. Dean got his at TC's on the TC dike for $6. I am going to check with Fat Boy's to see how much they are there and if they have any. Hope to see you there. Yeah, hold some real estate for me. Thanks. Good luck on your catches!!!

UFgatorHarv
12-03-2008, 08:36 AM
mmmm, mmm tasty... nice job!

NewCaneyFishingLady
12-03-2008, 11:30 AM
way to go susan! I wish I was there!

I do, too. In the morning, I was looking for you in the water. In the afternoon, after the winds picked up, there weren't any waders to be seen. They were probably on the other side, out of the wind.

Ole Bill
12-03-2008, 04:54 PM
nice fish sue glad ya aint one flounder girl no more

yaker
12-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Nice looking flounder glad you caught some .

texaseggdesigns
12-05-2008, 09:30 AM
good job susan I'm sorry I missed danged christmas decorations!!!!