PDA

View Full Version : Dec 17 &18 Mini Muster

Gentleben
11-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Ok guys it is that time again we will be planning for the next Muster on Lake Houston . Sign up wh owill be there and what ya bringing, members only please.

Randy
11-17-2004, 05:33 AM
I will be there for the Dec. Mini Muster,
I was hoping to have the cook shack done, but to be honest I haven't even started on it.

To keep from driving back and forth with the boat, I might just camp out in your yard........ ha ha ha

I will bring some sodas,
coffee
Cups
potatoes
and stink bait
to start............

algonzo
11-17-2004, 07:46 AM
What a bummer... December 4th is my anniversary, so you know I have to be with the wife that day. I'll take that Friday off and can hang out at the lake all day... but Saturday is a no...no for me. I'll get with you before then and see what is still needed to bring. So count me in for Friday.

dpiper
11-17-2004, 09:15 AM
Wifes are encouraged to come. We need someone to tell us how we are doing it wrong.

Just kidding.

dwaynez
11-17-2004, 02:45 PM
I will check my schedule and see if i will be able to make it. I will post again when i see if any plans have been made by my wife, if not i will try and make it. It will be nice to finally meet everyone in person.

cherylrw
11-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Well great...Mark comes in the weekend after that so maybe we can plan a day out or something when he gets here..He says he is going back Jan 3rd but Im trying to get him to just stay here..LOL

Gentleben
11-17-2004, 08:49 PM
Dang well how would the 17&18 of dec work out so you and Mark could come down I think we are flexy ??How about guys ALgonzo would make it also.
piper don' t worry the Warden will be there :shock: had to look back make wure she weren;t watching :lol: 8)

algonzo
11-18-2004, 06:43 AM
17th and 18th sounds much better for me. I'll be able to make it both days.

dwaynez
11-18-2004, 08:40 AM
If the dates are switched I should still be able to stop by as well and meet everyone.

dpiper
11-18-2004, 10:10 AM
I'll be there. I'll bring my wife so that I'll know what to do.

GB, if she's not a member can she still come?

DP

Gentleben
11-18-2004, 06:12 PM
Yes, dpiper your wife is welcome any body is welcome!!

JerryNTA
11-18-2004, 07:12 PM
I will only be there for one reason :)

warden or no warden its gonna happen :D

cherylrw
11-18-2004, 08:01 PM
To fish right? LOL

Gentleben
11-18-2004, 10:28 PM
:? Jerry , Jerry , what is the one thing you gonna do?? i go to eat ,you could not tell by lookin at my 250Lb carcass but i love to eat. :oops: :shock:

JerryNTA
11-19-2004, 06:38 AM
:? Jerry , Jerry , what is the one thing you gonna do?? i go to eat ,you could not tell by lookin at my 250Lb carcass but i love to eat. :oops: :shock:

SLIME THAT TOON

Gentleben
11-19-2004, 12:08 PM
That's what I thought but the warden gonna be standinbg guard and you know what happens to bad boys . :mad: :mad: :wink: Glas u rcoming bring your boat in case mine blows up or my traile axle breaks bwhahahahahhaa

saundecw
11-22-2004, 06:30 PM
What location on Lake Houston? I have to work until 6 PM on the 17th and will be on call the next four days but Lake Houston is close enough to make it to work if I get called in.

TeamGonzo
12-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Hello all!! Looks like AlGonzo (my brother) and I will be there since we have our permission slips filled out and AUTHORIZED!!! Hopefully this visit to Lake Houston will be a successful visit since our last couple have been disasters. I'll tell ya'll what....we have some good fishing stories for those that would like to hear them....just not any that involve fish being caught! I'm sure some of ya'll probably saw us on the lake and thought.....what the heck are those idiots doin? I know our two boys thought that about us!!!

algonzo
12-03-2004, 06:41 AM
That's right.... If any of you guys ever saw two fat mexicans and two little boys with them in a little 14' jon....WITH NO MOTOR.. about two miles out of BJ's Marina with a 36# trolling motor as a boat motor, no anchor...drifting like you wouldn't believe, rowing our fat carcasus making donuts in the middle of the lake because I'm controlling one oar while teamgonzo works on the other oar for two miles....IN THE FREAKIN RAIN.. with plenty of ice chest and no fish after a devistating typical day at the lake for us.......YUP THAT WAS US.... But like they say... LIVE AND LEARN. That's right, that day we learned a valuable lesson, NEVER GO FISHING WHEN THERE'S AN 80% CHANCE OF RAIN AND YOU DON'T HAVE A REAL MOTOR TO GET YOU BACK TO THE MARINA ON TIME, AND SECONDLY DON'T USE A TROLLING MOTOR AS A REAL MOTOR AND RUN IT AT TOP SPEED FOR ABOUT TWO HOURS AND TWO MILES INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE, AND EXPECT IT TO GET YOU BACK. Let's just say that after a few more of those trips we vowed not to go back until we got us a real GAS POWERED motor. But did we listen........ HECK NO!!!!!

And that was probably one of the most successful trips we've had yet. So don't even ask about the unsuccessful ones. I'll save those for the campfire late night at the December muster.

Larry G
12-03-2004, 07:11 AM
Been there and done that Algonzo! The only thing , I was a LITTLE smarter, I used a 5 horse motor. For years, I had a 12' V and then upgraded to a 14' Jon. I was in high cotton. Father'n law and I caught 300 sand bass in one day out of the V. :twisted: [Don't get excited Mr. Warden, I've quit drinking years ago and have been clean ever since]. I have even had a 12' Jon on Cedar Creek. Now that is really dumb! :wink:

algonzo
12-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Well needless to say our father-inlaw gave us a hand-me-down old 1977 workhorse of an engine, 6HP dinosaur. After a few attempts to get it out on the lake, I finally got it going. [Believe me... don't ask about those attempts either. That's a whole'nother camp fire story there].

But guess what :?: Still haven't caught any fish :shock:

Oh well... Like I said before....LIVE AND LEARN. And believe me... We've learned a whole lot of things NOT TO DO...when fishing.

Too bad we haven't learned too many THINGS TO DO... when fishing.

Oh well, that's what I've got you guys for. Maybe Gentleben will LEARN ME A THANG UR 2.:D

Check out what Santa is getting me for Christmas...

http://img66.exs.cx/img66/6572/b5-FishingForDummies.jpg

algonzo
12-03-2004, 10:46 AM
I've got:
1 - full propane tank
2 - tables
Let me know if I need to bring them.

Who's incharge of organizing this thing. Gentleben?
Let's get a head count going...and a list of items needed.

Thin Water Tracker
12-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Were is it going to be at I have thing to do that weekend but will try and get out there and do a little fishing. Is it ta lake houston Marina or at Ben park? Is there a place to stay over night or doI have to camp in my boat.

dpiper
12-03-2004, 01:58 PM
TWT its at Ben's place.

Algonzo, I too have been there done that. My fist was one of thise 10' PVC jobbers from Academy with a trolling motor. My wife was out fishing in it on one of my working days and got a ticket because it did not have TX numbers. It turms out that if you use a trolling motor you have to have the boat register.

On a smarter note we always took two batteries. One out there and one back.

We did get caught in a gully washer once and it filled the boat with water. Those things won't sink. Take notes of that GB.

Later.

dwaynez
12-03-2004, 02:39 PM
I think we have all been there,

I too have a 10ft pelican ram from academy, been caught in the rain and took on some water, but the boat held up.

Thin Water Tracker
12-03-2004, 03:33 PM
So there no over night stuff. It's a drive in each day type of deal. That ok I'll just make it for one day then most likely Friday or Sunday.

algonzo
12-03-2004, 03:52 PM
That's what I was wonding... Is there any camping going on... I figured we'd all still be on the lake late at night doing some night jugging, catch a few z's in the tent and go back early in the morning.

I asked who all was camping out... but nobody replied yet.

Thin Water Tracker
12-03-2004, 04:08 PM
I don't think there is camoing there you have to sleep in your boat or stay up all night. I'm not sure I didn't make it last time. You could always pay the $15 at lake houston marina and stay there it just next door. I'm just guessing I have no idea.

dwaynez
12-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Ben or Randy should have a definite answer, I am sure they will post before too long.

algonzo
12-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Where you at Ben???? Edumacate us!!!!

dwaynez
12-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Probably working on his boat, fine tuning it for the weekend.

how's it going Algonzo

BIGDAVE
12-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Well, I gotta go for sure now! Looks like my buddy Jerry is gonna "SLIME THAT TOON". Don't worry Jerry I'll be close by you won't have to swim very far. HeHHehE lol lol
I will bring
2- tables and 2- fish fryers with oil
BIGDAVES secert fishfry (HeHeeHeee)
1- 9yr old catfish monster
1- dry towel for Jerry (HeHee hee)

Gentleben
12-05-2004, 01:13 AM
Oh my God , sorry guys been workin gon the PT. Ugh let's see, the way it supposed to be is no camping but, we can get the boats in the water friday and get started fishing , my boat (if it floats ) will stay in the water if anyone needs to lay down for a while it will be available.
Yes, is just next door Lake Houston Marina has camp spots and does BJ's .
If we don't make too big a stink we can probably get a nap in the canopies which will also be set up Friday in cases it rains and to protect from inclumate weather.
We call it primitive camping, bad thing is the cat that guards the parks lives right there at Park #2 and he usually knows every flea that breaks wind on that park. He was real cool the last time and if we behave he may stay cool,
Piper can you post your directions again.
Gonzo guys you are fixing to enter into the twilght zone where the past will be forgotten and the present will be a riot and a revival!!

dwaynez
12-06-2004, 08:48 AM
I am making arrangements to attend, I have some things pending, but if all goes well I will be there.