PDA

View Full Version : Dec 17th & 18th mini muster update

dpiper
12-05-2004, 02:20 PM
I was gettting lost in the other thread so I thought I would start a new one.

The muster will be in Ben's neighborhood at the park next to Lake Houston Marina. See map below for directions.

ATTENDEES:
1. Gentleben*................................Friday to Saturday
2. The Warden...............................All the time :oops:
3. Cheryl w/hubby Mark..................Saturday
4. dpiper/wife/2 nephews*..............Friday night to Saturday
5. BigDave w/catfish monster*........Friday to Saturday
6. Randy/Sharon w/VCatfishboat*...Friday to Saturday
7. Algonzo/Uncle/son......................Friday pm to Saturday
8. Teamgonzo w/son...................... Friday pm to Saturday
9. dwaynez....................................Maybe Saturday
10.JerryNTA...................................Satu rday
11.saundecw..................................Frida y pm to Saturday
12.Thin Water Tracker/wife*........... Friday pm to Saturday
13.Bubba
14.choo choo man/Silvia................ .Maybe Saturday
15.Don Diego................................. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
16.Microsoft......
17.Cajun Cooker & Carrie
18.Jim & Glenn Hilton
19.Medulla..................................... Saturday Maybe
20.Donnie w/daughter*....................Friday pm & Saturday
21.Bgbluecatw/nephew.....................Friday pm
22.Nthony........................................F riday pm

Questionable attendees:
Madulla
dwaynez

If this list changes I will modify it.

Hey guys, I plan on hitting the water around 10p or 11p on Friday and fishing all night. Around five or six AM hitting IHOP down the road for breakfast. After breakfast heading back out on the lake for some more fishing till around 10a. At 10a I will be heading back to the park for some socializing and helping with the fishfry.

Looking forward to meeting the new guys.

Lakewood Heights Map
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/dlpiper/LHMusterMap.jpg

Thin Water Tracker
12-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Looks like I'll be there on the 17th something came up with family for the 18th baring getting called in I'll be there Friday afternoon Coming off yard that morning so I need to get some shut eye. Most likely head home about Ihop time Sat. Just have to see how I hold up

Gentleben
12-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Ok piper Bigdave said the little park will be ok it is just north of Lake Houston Marina , matter of fact a fence is only thing that seperates the two.
Big dave is in charge of the hospitality and planning comittee :D thanks BidgDave 4ur input<<

algonzo
12-06-2004, 02:47 AM
Nice post there DPiper... I was hoping somebody would start a new one on this. I will be out there Friday evening with my son, just so that he could meet you guys.. so will TeamGonzo. We waz' hoping somebody would be kind enough to take us out that night and fish all night... as we've never been night fishing before, then go get some breakfast as you mentioned, and head back out in the morning. I'm still working on building enough credit for the whole day Saturday. My wife kinda wanted to plan something for the 18th... which I'm trying to talk her out of. TeamGonzo has got it in the bag. He's got a two day pass, and I've got a one day pass, and working on the two day pass. We'll pay for whatever it takes to get out there that night. Somebody let us know.

choo choo man
12-06-2004, 05:49 AM
i'm still waiting on to see when my daughter is coming home don't know nothing right now,the only thing i know is, she is still out at sea.i'm planning to be there saturday for a little while to visit everone

dpiper
12-06-2004, 07:24 AM
Algonzo, you and yours are welcome on my boat. Bring your own PFDs. I'm not sure how many I have. My nephew will show ya how its done.

Donald

dwaynez
12-06-2004, 08:20 AM
I will try and make it down for the muster if at all possible,

BIGDAVE
12-06-2004, 08:26 PM
That's what I like about ol'Ben. He's always spreading the wealth! It's about my time to stepup and host one of these things any way. While christmas shopping Sunday I ran across a 10'x 20' tent with walls and windows. It's the kind you can park a truck in. Now we have something to keep us dry if it rains. Dpiper thanks for the list of names and maps. We can edit it and keep the list updated as we get closer. Did you notice I said "we" thats because you just joined the committee Hee Hee lol. I went to the park this afternoon to refresh my memory. There is plenty of parking, there is one electrical outlet and plenty of room to park the boats. How many of ya'll bringing boats. My last count was Dpiper 's toon, Randy's Catfishboat, Ben's Fishingtx toon and my bass boat. I think that may be enough. But more is welcome. Don Diego havn't heard from you. Zeke, I know your comming. It just wouldn't be the same without that smiling face. Hee Hee. Algonzo bring that propane bottle you offered the other day. Ben can you bring your pit and livebox, I'll load some wood. I will also bring my cabover so the ladies will have a restroom. I plan on being at the park sometime Friday morning. This Muster will be rain or shine cold or hot. More info to come later.

Dustoff
12-06-2004, 10:13 PM
If all goes well, I'll be there. I've got to work Friday, but should be able to be there Friday evening and spend the night on the water. I hope to be there at least part of the day Saturday as well. I'll have my pontoon boat. Ben tells me it's not a fishing boat, but if nothing else, we'll turn it into a floating Motel 6. :) If someone will let me know what's still needed, I'll be glad to pitch in and bring stuff. I'll most likely be by myself that night, but I'd like to take my 2.5 yr old daughter out on Saturday on a jug checking run and let her see some big ole catfish.

Gentleben
12-07-2004, 03:58 AM
Great guys :shock: , yes my the Fishingtx Pt wil lbe there also porbably my bass boat in case we need more boats :) , I am trying to keep my Pt open for the Williams family (Mark & Cheryl) :? should they show and also there wil lbe the Hilton bros, add them tro the list Jim& Glenn, Cajun cooker said if it ain't cold and rainning heand Carrie will be thre with his tooney, Zeke is headed to Brynum that weekend and apologized for his absences.,Microsoft will be there, as will BigBubba , Don Diego and tWT will probably be catching all the fish .
Donnie , glad you gonna make it with your "Caddy" might let he Boss and her family ride with you, you seem to be more cauctios about this situation :lol: :lol: pT
Big Dave :shock: man that sound s like a plan :D i knew you'd be a good sponsor this one's yours !! :lol: :) :D :wink: I plan on having the smoker, table and chairs there early sat mornin gsince i have such a on gdrive hahahhahhahahhaahah.
Rand y ya been awefull quiet how about Madull a he gonna make it ,Castnblast and who else , step up times running out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

medulla762
12-07-2004, 05:33 AM
I'll probably be chasing wildfowl that weekend but I'll try to stop by and say hey and eat some of your bar-b-que...bwwaaahahaha...

I need to hit my 'ol buddy up for a flounder trip anyways.

dpiper
12-07-2004, 08:49 AM
We need a couple more cutting boards, electric knives and extension cords. I'll brings ours. At the last muster there was only one. And there was a lot of fish to filet with only one.

Dustoff
12-07-2004, 09:04 AM
I've got one good sized cutting board and two electric knives that I can bring. What else? Food / supplies / etc???

algonzo
12-07-2004, 09:53 AM
I'll bring a propane tank... don't have any of the above though. Haven't needed them yet.

Gentleben
12-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the map Dpiper it is great help!!

Gentleben
12-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the offer Donnie, I am sure you'll get some folks to ride with you .I want to encourage folks to fish together and learn from them or teach others it's alot more fun to fish with a group than by yourself.

We were having a admin meeting and we decided not to post this on any other website . We do not want this to become a riot. We want it to be a Fishingtx family gathering, if you have friends or family that you want to invite that is perfectly fine, we just don't want to attract the wrong kind of people.

Thin Water Tracker
12-07-2004, 08:42 PM
I hear you Medulla I have been yet between Doctor and being sick with this cold for the last month Just can;t shake it. I'm hoping to get out this long change and put a few flats in the box before they are all completely gone. it start the week of this catfish thing but will be hitting the following week.

BIGDAVE
12-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Donnie, bring your cutting board, knives, boat motel hee hee and your daughter is more than welcome, so is your wife. Algonzo I hope you get the second day pass. Cause if you don't Teamgonzo is going to rub it in on what you missed.

I want to get somethings up front. No Alcohol is allowed in the park. The fish we catch Friday, Friday nite and Saturday morning will be for the fish fry Saturday. We want to make sure everyone has plenty to eat. We will start cookin around noon. Any fish left over will be divided between those who want it (cleaned or not). All air bladders are to be cut when cleaning the fish. I will have trash cans and bags. The park is to be left in the same condition as when we arrived if not better. We have these fishing trips to learn from one another, meet new members and their families, and enjoy the great outdoors. We do not advertise or sell products at these events for a profit. We do ask you to send donations when you can to the webmaster in order to improve and keep this site operating. Enough said.

Here are somethings we need, but not limited to: Drinking water, sodas, french fries, chips, mustard & mayo, hushpuppies, bread. For the BBQ pit: sausage, chicken, weiners, brisket or what ever you may want cooked. Everyone bring a lawn chair if you want one. Also post what you decide to bring so everyone is on the same page.

The pit will have food on it if not all the time most of the time Friday noon to Saturday noon. We will have two coffee pots running and plenty of coffee. If you get hungry while on the lake it will be your fault. If you have any questions or sugestions my home number is 281-360-8520 my cell is 281-382-9272. More information later.

dpiper
12-08-2004, 01:30 AM
I'll be bring stuffed jalopenos, french and garlic breads.

Madulla we need your katz-n-dawgs.

Donald

medulla762
12-08-2004, 08:06 AM
dpiper, that just may be doable!

I might be smoking duck sausage that weekend. If I am, I'll toss in some catfish.

If it happens I'll be out Saturday evening. I'll bring some sausage samples as well.

Not making any commitments folks, but I'll try to make it.

TWT, let me know when. I'd love to go chase them flatties with you!

Thin Water Tracker
12-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Medulla I'l be hit those falts between the 19th and the 23rd. if all go well. I know it in the week and mot on the weekend. If they are still hitting my next days off will be the 7th to the 9th which is on a weekend. I'll let you know as it gets closer.

cherylrw
12-08-2004, 04:45 PM
If Mark wants to come we will probably just be there for saturday ,Tara and I have both been sick so she isnt going to be in the night air for sure.

Gentleben
12-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Ya all better come :D :lol:

Gentleben
12-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Warden said she bringing the french fries no potato pealing at this muster ,Mr choo choo man ifin u can't come send mrs choo choo man she was a gtreat hostess we need more people like her, dd and bigdave and just everybody come on!!!

saundecw
12-08-2004, 10:13 PM
I will be able to get there sometime after 8PM Friday and stay through Saturday. Will bring soft drinks, Gatorade, propane bottle and 20 juglines that need to be broke in.

dwaynez
12-09-2004, 08:04 AM
I hope to make it down there friday evening or saturday morning

BIGDAVE
12-09-2004, 08:37 PM
I hope it's Friday dwaynez I'm looking forward to seein you. Whoo-rah
20 new jugs!! saundecw I can't wait to see the lake Saturday morning. Lake Houston is going to look like a rice field full of geese. Ben be sure to tell the warden thanks for the fries. Guys let me tell ya dpipers stuffed jalopenos are great. "IF "you see em you better get one cause they will be gone by the time the pan hits the table. Medulla if you make it with that smoked duck sausage, how bout calling me on my cell before you get there. That way me and TWT can make sure ole gentleben is running jugs so we can eat some. HEE HEE He lol. Looks like this muster is off to a good start keep them post a commin!

Oh how many of ya'll have cast nets? just courious on what we are going to be feeding them jugs. Shad, perch, beef or ???.

Dustoff
12-09-2004, 08:48 PM
I've got a cast net. I was fishing by the pier in our neighborhood one night and the cast net was the only thing I caught. :? Need someone to show me how to throw it. Haven't quite got the hang of it yet.

dpiper
12-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Bigdave, check this out. Six inch shad catches 27 inch blue. Size doesn't matter.

BIGDAVE
12-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Dang, dpiper that cat was hungry! Reminds me of when the house cat ate the kids canery. All you saw was the feathers around his mouth. Heee hee he Were was the fish caught?

BIGDAVE
12-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Donnie I ain't the best either. But I'll teach you what I know. Let me see Hmmmm......... Now I remimber! This was a quote from my teacher as he reached down to pick the bait from my net "Dang, Dave that was a sorry cast. But that don't matter as long as you get bait. Hurry up and cast again!"

Gentleben
12-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Hehehehheh ,u funny most folks tha tdon't me probabl ycould not tell by lookin at me but"I like to eat" dry weight at 255 lbs wet about 275 lbs
It is gonna be a gas with the World Famous and rekown Randy the Catfishboat Fresina and all of his talents we 'll have a good time and catch some fish doing it!!
Watch them halapenos :lol: :lol: I can suck up the whole pan in short order. hehhehe
I am using deer hearts or liver or range cubes or deer gutts liver chad er perc h or mudcats

dwaynez
12-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Those casting nets can be tough, but it's worth learning how to throw it. You can catch lots of bait in a hurry.

algonzo
12-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Teamgonzo and I have a casting net. It was also a birthday gift to him... too bad we haven't used it much. I think we caught about two branches with it once... that's about it.

I'll take it also.

dwaynez
12-10-2004, 09:53 AM
There is an easy to use casting net out called " The Easy Cast " it comes in a round plastic case and is sold at Wal-Mart. It has an instructional video with it that shows how to use the net. What makes it so easy to use is a metal ring that you flip one end of the net over and throw it like a frisbe or a discus and it will open everytime. It is a great little net that makes casting really easy for anyone but it's especially great if you don't have a lot of experience with a casting net. I think the average around $25 or so.

algonzo
12-10-2004, 11:39 AM
BIGDAVE, Gentleben...

I got a question to ask you guys... I've got an uncle of mine who loves fishing. He tries to go Saltwater fishing but unfortunately doesn't have any luck like me and Teamgonzo. He's got a bad case of the "Gonzo-sindrome" I guess it runs in the family. He's also new to fishing and just recently started collecting fishing equipment like myself. He mostly goes fishing by himself off the piers in Galveston and Baytown... but like I said... the only thing he's caught was a cold. I'm going to try and get him hooked on FishingTx to learn a thing or two. He's a machinest by trade like my dear father, but also gets a paycheck from the good Lord... that's right he's also Pastor at a Christian Church in Southeast Houston. I was wondering if I could bring my uncle with me to the muster and show him what a wonderful group of fisherman looks like. Like myself and Teamgonzo, he's also ancious to catch some fish for the first time. I didn't want to just show up with an un-invited guest and nowhere for him to go... so I was wondering if he could hang out with us on Friday night with who ever is going to take us on their pontoon.

So that means that it would be Teamgonzo and son Algonzo and Algonzo Jr., and my uncle. What do you guys think?.... Will we fit somewhere Friday night? I'm thinking about driving my son back home once it gets pretty late to catch some ZzZzZz's because my wife made breakfast reservation with Santa Claus at the Downtown Aquarium for that Saturday morning around 9:00 AM :cry: :cry: :cry: So that means that I won't be there Saturday morning... I'm so dearly hoping that I could talk my wife into going Saturday afternoon with me and my son, after the breakfast to go eat catfish and duck sausage with everybody.... wait a minute that didn't sound too good did it... :lol: Anyways let me know if you guys think my uncle will fit so that I could let hime know ahead of time. I just didn't want to invite him without clearing with the gang first.

Also until what time will you guys by out there on Saturday, and what time will the oil start cracking? Don't want to miss lunch.... :shock:

Thin Water Tracker
12-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Well I'm having to work that chicken foot in OT with the weather that they are saying we are going to have next weekend. I'm still fighting this cold it been 15 days and two trip to the doctor. The wife is starting to bark about me being out in the cold and rain. I my just have to sneek away next friday night. Wroking on getting on the down hill side of this cold doing all I can to kick it. The only thing I hate is I 'm going in to the med center on the 16th and going to be seeing the transplant team for my yearly once over. and get the news on all the test I have been going through for the last two months. I know they are going to jump me abotu my blood sugar and blood pressure. Jsut can't stay away from that sweet stuff. I'm happy to be a live but this sure has put a damper on my fishing over the last year. I'm just hoping they are not going to lay down more rule that will knock out more of my outdoors trips.. As it stands I'm still planning to be there Friday evening. If that get washed I be there Sat. Morning and be able to stay till maybe thrree or four.

BIGDAVE
12-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Dang, Don I didn't know you was fighting the flu too! Please don't over do it. If you decide not to make it, we will understand. Heck this won't be the last muster. We want you around a long time. Just do the right thing. lol

BIGDAVE
12-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Algonzo, Yes your uncle can come. You didn't have to ask. But thanks for asking. My plan is to arrive at the park Friday morning between 8 & 9. Set out jugs, return to the park around noon and set everything up. 4 to 6pm run jugs. Meet everybody, help them launch as they arrive and shuttle people with out boats to the toons. Run jugs around midnight and again at daybreak. Then clean fish and prepare for the fishfry. Start frying at noon. Heck, I am like a tree limb. I'll can bend in whatever direction the wind blows. HeeHee lol

Thin Water Tracker
12-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the kind words Dave. I’m really having fishing with draw’s. I missed most of the summer saltwater fishing due to the virus in the water the wife made me promise that I would hit the salt till the end of the Oct. when the water cooled down and killed off the virus. Well it’s like I have been fighting one cold off after another. This last one ended up in my chest and just hadn’t been able to shake it. If I only can make it out for a few hours Sat. I hate that I have a 20 ft boat just setting in the drive way and can haul some of the newbes around and show them a jugging good time. If I only show up Sat morning I’ll be sure to Check in and see if there’s something the camp needs before I pull out. I think I have Ben’s cell number on my phone.

TeamGonzo
12-11-2004, 01:26 AM
I know Lake Houston has plenty of cats to fish for, but what other types of fish have been caught out there? Basically, I'm wondering if maybe someone can take me and my young'un out for a little crappie or bass fishing while we're out there during the Muster next weekend...or just point us in the right direction on where to go and how to do it. I'm sure Algonzo and Jr would love to hit that up, too.

cherylrw
12-11-2004, 07:56 AM
Well unless something happens Mark and I will be there saturday..

dpiper
12-11-2004, 09:26 AM
TG, I don't think anybody on this board waste their time on B@$$ (trash fish). GB is a big crappie fisherman. He can can point ya in the right direction oand give ya a few pointers.

Back to B@$$, if you ever fry up some B@$$ and any other fish at the same time and did a taste test you would never bring another b@$$ home.

My opinion, your's might be different. Your taste buds know for sure.

Donald

Gentleben
12-11-2004, 11:29 AM
i love crappie and bass, catfish too

dpiper
12-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Whites, striped, and hybred are all good table fare. It that big mouth I'm talking about. Although they do put up a good fight and when they dance on the water its heart pounding. I just don't eat the things.

BIGDAVE
12-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Haven't fished much for bass lately. Crappie even less. The whites will start their run up the rivers this spring. Me and the monster will be there for sure. He realy loves it. Fish on almost every cast when the water is right. They are small. I am sure you and the boys will love it. We will plan a trip.

TWT my cell # is 281-382-9272 if you can't find Bens. Looking forward to seeing you and meeting your wife if she comes.

Thin Water Tracker
12-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Got the number Dave. Myself can wait for the whites to start running in the spring had a ball with them last year.

BIGDAVE
12-12-2004, 05:57 AM
Ben & I went down to the park Friday morning and he noticed that there were no boat bumpers. Ben I picked up 18 to 20 tires yesterday will try to put them on today. A big "Thank You" to the guys at Cooper Tire in Huffman for their donation and help loading.

dwaynez
12-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Crappie are one of the best tasting fish around. I have eaten bass in the past and to me they have a good flavor.

TeamGonzo
12-13-2004, 08:41 AM
That's mainly why I'd like to go out for them...for the experience and the rush. I'd eat the whites, striped, and hybred myself too, but I'd mainly like to go out there for the fun and experience side of catching those big mouths. Thanks for the info dpiper! Just a couple days left til we meet everyone and have some FUN!!!

dwaynez
12-13-2004, 08:49 AM
TeamGonzo

I should have that package in the mail tomorrow, lots of goodies for you and Algonzo to go through

TeamGonzo
12-13-2004, 08:54 AM
Buddy, that's perfect! Thanks for everything in advance! Just a couple more days ladies and gents!

algonzo
12-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Here's my .02 cents on the matter...

As TG mentioned... we would love to go out and do some nice R&R. It's not so much for putting food on the table but for LOVE and SPORT of it. I've never really heard too much of eating nice size Large Mouth Bass... and I really don't care to try it... but the point here is that we want to get our young'nz behind a nice 15 minute battle with a nice fighting bass or crappie. That's the main reason of R&Ring bass and crappie. Now crappie I will eat the heck out of ... but I would love to do some nice Bass CPR's.

dwaynez
12-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Algonzo and TeamGonzo

if you are not able to fish for bass and crappie at the muser we will make arrangements to fish the lake by my house, it would be a little drive but there are lots of bass and crappie to be had, It's a privat lake around 45 acres with lots of fish.

The biggest bass to come out of the lake is 10lbs
My biggest is 5.5lbs

Biggest Crappie: 4lbs
My biggest is 3.5lbs

Biggest Catfish ( Flathead ) 97lbs
My biggest: 10lbs

I never really fish for catfish in the lake just for bass and crappie, my catfishing is done on the river or at friends tanks.

Gentleben
12-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Dave thanks I as usual was late and BigDave had it all finsihed and was gone by the time I showed up all he left was a bloody trail.
My cell number is 281 451 0559 and my home is 281 324 1074.

Guys do not forget to invite your wifes girl freinds or who ever, this is a family orient muster for all.

BIGDAVE
12-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Only sliced my thumb Ben. Those tires are pretty tough to cut with a utility knife. Besides once I get some of that slime on it I'll be as good as new. Ran into Mr. Huey on the pier. He had 8 catfish.

Ben, You got that PT ready! Just three days left.

Dustoff
12-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Hey bigdave,

Just curious if you had a feel for what you still needed folks to bring. If you'll post some of the stuff you need, I'll be glad to sign up for some of it.

Thanks and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Have a great evening

Gentleben
12-13-2004, 09:34 PM
As usual i'll have some chicken on the smoker and there will be plenty to eat.
Yes Dave the PT is about finished, I put the gas tank in and it is about ready. all i need is some gas and the warden wants the lights fixed guess she gonna do some night fishing, dang the sniper just called looking fer some pics . Corey is stripping my PT, her and the warden getting it ready. if ya all need any window decals fer the muster email Corey at [email protected] or call her, business # 281 913 0345. she ain't cheap but she's good.$10.00 on the window dexcal with your handle in it
BigDave you gonna have that big tent set up?? I'll bring us an ole bbq pit we can use to burn wood in fer a heater if it be that cold.
I am getting real excited ta just get to meet dewanez and the gonzo team and to see my ole side kick and pointman Randy and Sharon and all the group .

BIGDAVE
12-14-2004, 05:22 AM
Donnie, how about bringing some sausage and chips. Don't forget your elect knife and cutting board. Thanks for asking.

dpiper
12-14-2004, 06:29 AM
Condiments?
Plates?
forks?
cups?
trash bags?
etrc etc?

Larry G
12-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Ben.....Dern shame to muck up that pretty boat with fish do-do. :cry: Where's the pictures of the foul weather cover?

TeamGonzo
12-14-2004, 08:48 AM
I'll bring the condiments, plates, forks, cups, & trash bags, but how many people we expecting so I'll know how much of each to bring? I'm also gonna bring some of my mom's famous tamales for ya'll to get a taste of. She usually makes them around the holidays. I've never tasted them off the grill, but I could just imagine the taste! Hmmmmmm, I wonder if her and my wife can make us some catfish tamales? Never had those before. Heck, I may even get my wife to make us some mexican beans (charro beans) to keep us a little warm. I'll see if she can make us her surprise dessert that my family loves so much, too.

algonzo
12-14-2004, 09:07 AM
I'll bring a can of jalapenos... napkins, corn to toss in the bbq pit rolled up in foil, and I'll see what else.

Does anybody make some sort of secret recipe salsa. That would be great and would help to keep the blood pumping in that cold weather with some chips or with the meal.

Thin Water Tracker
12-14-2004, 09:18 AM
Look liek Friday night will be clear and cold. Maybe I'll shwo up with the boat friday night if the Boss is in agreement.

nthony
12-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Hi everyone. I am pretty sure I'll show up Friday night after work. I just moved down here from Wisconsin a month ago and I want to get back into fishing (haven't fished in probably 7 or 8 yrs). I bought some new poles and new tackle and I am looking forward to trying them out. Is there anything I can bring? I don't want to feel like a moocher.

Bgbluecat
12-14-2004, 06:17 PM
I have a 24" diameter BBQ pit mounted on a trailer (2'x2' firebox) and has one of them cajun fish blasters mounted on the tongue.

Do you want to use it Ben? Give me a call at the house.

Might also have some venison/feral hog sausage left from last season also. It went over pretty well at the Nov 03 gathering. Later/ml

dpiper
12-14-2004, 06:40 PM
What is a caju fish blaster?

Gentleben
12-14-2004, 08:25 PM
HAHAHAAHA, funny you asked about that enclosure it is in a pile of pvc besides my pt. I was modifiying it yeaterday and all of a sudden the dad gum thing crumbled (it was not glued) fell to the floor of my boat and i lost it and threw it all out. I'll have to regroup and redo it afte rthe mustah I am out of time I just got the boat stripped today and the lights fixed .
No no larry the warden said no slime or doddo on here new carpet I am riding with donnie or randy or piper or shucks hec k i'll even ride the white ghost with dave, i ain't proud , naw o nsecond thawt, that sucker goes too fast and i scared and cold hehehehehh
Nthony . welocome ta da board, man at this point just bring yourself a 12 pk of cokes , or a bag of ice heck a friend wife girlfreind make sure it's you wife :lol: :lol: ro had to claryfy tha toen guy broug ta different woamn cause hwe did n't specify naw just kidding
Aw Bluecat yes bring the pit, man that will definetely work causin we gonna have a good crowd and need to keep it going :lol: here that BigDave!! a big ole smoker with ah caju basher who cares what it is just bring it he hehehe make mine look like a midget wow thanks ,Mike!!
team gOnzo I gonna say about 50 heads at this one.
i just got off the phone with Dewaynez he will be here friday night gonna be aloota shaking going on thru the night !!
Outlaw and his girls i'll be here sat , it is lookin good!!l

Bgbluecat
12-14-2004, 08:39 PM
dpiper: cajun fish blaster be a nickname for one of those propane stoves that you set a pot of grease (or turkey frying pot) upon.

btw Ben, that 2' firebox has a flat top that doubles as a super hamburger grill. Will need some wood for it - there's some laying around the yard under my trees and I will try to make time to cut some of it up. However, with it getting dark so early I may be pressed to come up with wood.

BIGDAVE
12-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Hmmm......dpiper I'd say it was a fish fryer or a very large loud horn so you know when it's time to eat if you are out on the lake. HeeHee lol. Bgbluecat bring that pit, sausage and venison. I got plenty of wood to feed it. My guess we will have between 30 to 40 people.

I went through the post. This is what we have so far.
Randy: coffee, cups, potatoes, stinkbait, PT.
Ben: chicken, f fries, table & chairs, bbq pit, PT.
Dpiper: stuffed jalopenos, french & garlic breads, PT.
Algonzo: propane bottle, 2 tables, napkins, jalopenos, corn on cob.
Teamgonzo: plates, forks, cups, trashbags, tamales, beans.
Donnie: 2 electric knives, cutting board, sausage, chips, PT.
Saundecw: Gatoraid, propane bottle, 20 new jugs.
Bgbluecat: bbq pit, venison, sausage.
Bigdave: 2 fish fryers w/oil, secret fish batter, cups, forks/knives, coffee,
10x20 tent, ketchup, wood for bbq pits, bread,

BIGDAVE
12-14-2004, 09:35 PM
nthony, all fishingtx members and families are welcome. So bring yourself on out! We would all like to meet you. Just look at the list above and bring what you think we need. Lookin forward to meeting you.

dpiper
12-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Algonzo, I'll try and get the misses to cook up her super secret salsa while she's stuffing the jalopinos. She actually roast the tomatoes, jalapenos, and garlic. Its great.

Gentleben
12-15-2004, 03:54 AM
Wheres' Maulwalker?? He brought some great home made salsa to the Cagle Muster was great !!
I'll bring some tartar sauce yres gotta have spome tartar sauce, Bigger pit more chicken

algonzo
12-15-2004, 10:54 AM
I'll bring some extra tartar sauce... cuz I like fish with my tartar sauce. 50% tartar sauce and 50% fish on my plate. Don't forget to stock up early on beef heart because the H-E-B down the road doesn't carry much stock of it, and knowing Gentleben or somebody else will finish it all up and then you will have to settle for chicken liver because shad are sort of scarce this time of year. We'll need some more aluminum foil so bring some spare aluminum foil if you have any laying around the house... and last but not least... TEAM GONZO IS BRING HIS NEW SET OF HORSE SHOES TO HAVE A LITTLE PLAY TIME THAT AFTERNOON, and we could all build up on bragging rights. So is this one going to be bigger than the Cagle Muster? What was the head-count there?

don diego
12-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Ben, Dave,

I'll be off Thursday and Friday. I plan to start fishing Thursday, weather permitting. If you can put your fish box out, I'll start filling it up. If anybody else is off Thursday and/or Friday and wants to join me, give me a holler. Oh yeah, I'll bring a couple bags of deer sausage and hot dog buns on Saturday.

dd

dpiper
12-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Hey DD you talk too much, but I'm glad to hear you'll be there. Mam-oh-man this is going to be a great muster.

Donald

dwaynez
12-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Dpiper I agree this is going to be fun.

Thin Water Tracker
12-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Well it looks like I’ll not going to be able to make it Friday night. Woke up last night about midnight head full of **** and couldn’t breathe by the time I left for work at 0400 by the noon to day the everything was draining into my chest. Boy I know I had a harder time shaking the flu than the normal Joe but 24 hours after ending the running out of meds seems fast. When the boss called letting me know what it my appointment was she told me I need to scrub getting out on the water till I shake this thing completely. I sure hope is isn’t another four weeks. So I guess I’ll see you guy some time Sat. morning. Dave I’ll give that check in call before I leave the house. Also I want to see that there was some of that that Medulla type fishing going on when I get there and pull up that live drum,

dwaynez
12-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Sorry to hear you are still under the weather, take it easy and get over that stuff.

Thin Water Tracker
12-15-2004, 05:16 PM
It ******* up my thanksgiving I hope is doesn't do the same with Christmas. But I will see you Sat.

dpiper
12-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Hey TWT, why don't ya just leave it at home? That's what I do. You feel better.

Take care of yourself. Its important.

dpiper
12-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Hey OUTLAW, are you going o make it o the muster?

Donald

Gentleben
12-15-2004, 06:31 PM
DD you know where I keep my barrel at scotts point?? i won't have time to go get it but you can put your fish in it and they will be safe.
It's on the north side of the lake.
Lighten up sniper :shock: :lol: that's the most dD has said in 6 month s :oops: hehehehhe

Thin Water Tracker
12-16-2004, 05:57 AM
I going to make it out there Sat, I can't stand to set in this computer room one more day

JerryNTA
12-16-2004, 06:34 AM
ill be able to stop by friday night......... If its not to bad saturday morning ill be there with my boat

dwaynez
12-16-2004, 04:02 PM
look forward to meeting you JerryNTA

Thin Water Tracker
12-16-2004, 05:21 PM
I got a feeling your all going to clean up on Cats. I rememder last Feb on my first muster we had sleeting snow and tore up the cats.

dpiper
12-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Just talked to GB and he said DD caught his limit today. We're off and running.

BIGDAVE
12-16-2004, 10:44 PM
Just wanted to tell ya'll to enjoy yourselfs at work tomorrow. Because the rest of us will be on the lake. Don't worry we will save a few for ya'll. HEEHEE LOL

"LET'S GO FISHIN"

Thin Water Tracker
12-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Can't wait to see the numbers you all rack up. Going to be a good weekend.

dpiper
12-16-2004, 11:02 PM
BigDave I took off tomorrow too. I need to get that trailor hitch mounted so that I can pull my boat to the lake. I also bought a 18 x 24 tarp and my two nephews and I are going to make it an enclosure on the boat. The misses bought me a coleman heater to keep me warm. Hope its big enough. I used it Tuesday week ago and it would warm your hands and legs. Anyway I will be getting there tomorrow evening sometime and I hope to see and the moster with big grinms on.

Donald.

Gentleben
12-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Yes sireie I spoke with our good friend and catfish marksman Don diego and yes he already score a limit, one he said maybe a CPR but hey if randy don't show up we'll fillet that sucka and in the pot he goes hehehheh just kiddin randy.
We'll be at the lake about 0800 per Bigdave and well be setting out juggs dd come on over to the park

Maulwalker
12-17-2004, 06:14 AM
i'm trying to come. there's a good chance i won't make it as i may have to work late tonight and early tomorrow. if i can make it i'll have the fiancee make a batch of salsa. i'll only be able to fish into friday night, if i make it at all.

dwaynez
12-17-2004, 06:58 AM
Just had a family situation come up that has to be taken care of, so unless something changes I will not be able to make it until early saturday morning. I am hoping that I will be able to get this taken care of and make it down there tonight.

algonzo
12-17-2004, 10:38 AM
DWAYNEZ,

Family first. Take care of your family matters and goodluck. Hope all is well, and I hope to see your out there.

dwaynez
12-17-2004, 10:40 AM
I should be able to make it saturday morning, had all my stuff packed and then something came up early this morning that has to be addressed right after work, Sorry I won't be there unless I can take care of this stuff quickly. I am sure I will miss some good times on the water, but there will be plenty more in the future, I look forward to meeting everyone on saturday morning.

dwaynez
12-17-2004, 10:40 AM
I should be able to make it saturday morning, had all my stuff packed and then something came up early this morning that has to be addressed right after work, Sorry I won't be there unless I can take care of this stuff quickly. I am sure I will miss some good times on the water, but there will be plenty more in the future, I look forward to meeting everyone on saturday morning.

cherylrw
12-17-2004, 01:22 PM
OK SOMEONE TELL ME IF I HAVE THIS RIGHT?

45 South to FM1960 turn right go down to D.Q( East Lake Houston) turn left,then left on Corydon,left on Sunnyglen..

Am I lost already LOL

algonzo
12-17-2004, 02:08 PM
cheryl...

I think you have it wrong. From Seagoville you will be heading 45 South comming into Houston, exit 1960, and you will be making a LEFT not a right going East bound on 1960. You will pass half a million lights go over 59 and then pass another half a million lights until you cross over Lake Houston, and then turn Left at DQ then you got it from there. So it's a LEFT not a RIGHT on 1960. You need to head East not West.

Try Mapquest.com to be sure though.

cherylrw
12-17-2004, 02:17 PM
LOL...BOY thats a lot of lights LOL.....Alrighty then I wrote it down your way lets see if we make it in the morning...

dpiper
12-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Cheryl,
I sent this to Dwaynez. Just pick it up at Conroe. These direction will save you 2,000,000 lights. Here's my cell if ya need it 281.42.3751.

From Conroe/IH 45

105 east out of Navasota to Conroe
45S (right)
exit Hwy 242 go east (left)
@ FM 1485 turn right
@ dead end (Loop 494) turn right
@ 1485 turn left (1485 has a dogleg in it here)
follow 1485 east to 2100 (1485 changes into 2100)
follow 2100 south to 1960
@ 1960 go right
right on east lake houston (@ dairy queen)

See map I posted to get to marina/park

Directions to Park ( from 1960 @ Dairy Queen) (http://fishingtx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1667&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=0)

cherylrw
12-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Ok this is getting more complicated LOL....BEN next outting needs to be on the freeway LOL

cherylrw
12-17-2004, 02:50 PM
I did understand there IS NO camping here right? Cause after all this Im gonna want to go to sleep...

dpiper
12-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Sleep on the ride down.

Thin Water Tracker
12-17-2004, 10:19 PM
It look tuff Cherylrw The map was given to get to CC. Lake the first time. I think they sent me down every back road there was to miss the work they are doing on I-45. Dpipers map doesn;t look that hard but I live down here. But by now your already on your way.

Gentleben
12-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Great posts you guys the maps and info was great!!