PDA

View Full Version : clear lake hazard

gator
02-23-2009, 07:30 PM
okay a buddy gave me a email today. seems this fellow was running across clear lake heading towards the channel when he hit a under water object that wasn't there pre ike. its about 1.5 inches below at normal tide. said its painted john deere green so if someone is missing a tractor think we found it. heres some cord. real close to exact spot. i'm marking my gps to watch this area hope it gets a marker soon before it takes a boat and people out.

n 29 33.538
w 095 03.627

Thin Water Tracker
02-23-2009, 07:54 PM
There's a lot of people busting up their boats due to what IKE.
I've been out two times and have seen every time from sea land conrainers to whole roof tops. I was down at my boss house right before dark the the night of the storm and there was a debris line far as I could see up and down the shore line about 300 yards out and it looked to be a 100 yard or more wide heading in this was hours before the storm hit it was logs up to 30 feet Trees long Tee Heads garbage cans wooden boxes just a lot of suff I would hate to hit with my lower unit and wasn't even close to what we had out there that it left. I'll be stayng close to the ramp I put in at and will be going slow for a while Maybe years. There going to be a lot of people hurt and boat torn up for the next few year. We all need to keep this in Mind when out in the bay in water 15ft or less. Be safe out there people a few fish is worth someone getting hurt please go slow

lost-in-salt
02-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Just think about the dangers of wade fishing east bay.

Thin Water Tracker
02-23-2009, 10:21 PM
I have been to the smith point side of Trinity but the roofs are just up the bay from Dows reef. I have been into East I was warned about it and I'm staying out of there for a long time. I'm going to stick with my La Port shore line even there we are bumping in to stuff that hasn't been there for 40 years. see a lot of pipes in the are we have never have seen before.

minner skinner
03-02-2009, 09:28 PM
best to take a look while the tide is out from this last N. wind. bay is really low and we might be able to see some of the underwater hazards. Im still seeing a lot of debris in the water.