View Full Version : [ KB ] How to Extract a Fishing Hook from Your Skin

cherylrw
12-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Category: How-To's
Type: How To

Article Name: How to Extract a Fishing Hook from Your Skin
Author: algonzo
Description: Removing a Hook from Your Skin

>>Read Full Article (http://fishingtx.com/forum/kb.php?mode=article&k=10)

dwaynez
12-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Very good article, I have used that technique before and it sure beats having to go to the emergency room to have a hook cut out.

Thin Water Tracker
12-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Good post. it remind me of a the day my bother in law got hit by a sting ray we were in the emergency room. there was two guys were seating next to us. Looking at both of them I really didn't see a reasion they would be in there and I asked them if they were waiting on some one who was hurt. The guy next to me started shaking trying to keep from laughing the guy on the end just looked at him and said it isn't that funny. and tured his head asked me do you think so . The guy had a 1 oz spoon hanging from his head just in front of his ear. They had been out in west bay trout fishing and his budy cast when he was walking up to him and hit him in the back cast the hook was sunk in to the bend in the hook. He said that was bad but when he went forward to complete the cast it ended up dunking him in the water from the force and him trying to keep from getting it ripped out. I would take 10 in the finger over that.

minner skinner
12-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Did they catch any fish?

Thin Water Tracker
12-16-2004, 05:26 AM
Yes , They said they had a chest full. This was back in 1972 when there wasn't near the pressure on our bays like there is now. You could wade a three miles of shore line in west bay and have it all to yourself.

dwaynez
12-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Ouch!!

I had a friend who was bass fishing with me a few years back and he took a spinnerbait to the face just above his lip. We got him to the hospital and he got some pain meds and got the hook taken out. It was not pretty at all.

Thin Water Tracker
12-16-2004, 02:03 PM
I've been hook in the ear but it was ripped out on his foward cast. The ear didn't hurt that much it was the weighted poping cork that hit me in the temple that took me down. When I looked up at my friend that did he was just about to just out of the boat. He had almost got about three time before he didi and I had told him he was going to get wet if he got me.

dpiper
12-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Well, did he get wet?

dwaynez
12-16-2004, 03:14 PM
LOL !!
If I hooked someone I would feel so bad i would just jump in and get myself wet.

algonzo
12-16-2004, 03:24 PM
That's the nice part about jugging.... You don't have to worry about hooking anybody else but yourself.....LOL

dwaynez
12-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Aint that the truth, been hooked before while jugging and it is not fun, as long as you are aware of what's going on you are okay. Should be fun pulling in some cats.

Algonzo I will bring the fishing starter pack with me, I should be down there some time friday evening around 7 or 8.

algonzo
12-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Sounds good.... We Be There!!!!

Thin Water Tracker
12-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Watch those cricle hook they can get in you before you know it and once they get start every move they just go deeper

minner skinner
12-16-2004, 08:56 PM
Man popping corks are painful. I have a buddy who has watched too many Bill Dance hook sets. Randomly throughout the day a flying cork, weight and shrimp will come barreling at my head followed by a "wow that was a big bite". A few have connected. Now a free lunch is in order for each infraction. Best advice Ive ever heard, Dont set the hook on topwaters at night. Its not pretty if you miss the fish.

Thin Water Tracker
12-16-2004, 11:33 PM
No Donald I didn't throw him in. But i did teach him how to side cast that day.

Thin Water Tracker
12-16-2004, 11:36 PM
I understand that top water thing Shinner I've had to duck a few. guess I'm lucky they didn;t make contact.