PDA

View Full Version : APRIL FISHING TRIP 8TH 9TH AND 10TH

algonzo
12-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Anywhere that has excellent catfish but mostly we need to look for somewhere that has a nice camping area. Personally I prefer Cagles on Lake Conroe.

dwaynez
12-17-2004, 03:56 PM
I have not fished cedar creek before but it looks like a nice place

cherylrw
12-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Cedar Creek has a spot, Caney Cove that is a descent camp ground. www.caneycove.com We go there every summer. They have tent sites,rv sites and cabins. I want to try for the 15 16 and 17 because Mark will be back in town around that time. If we have enough that say they are coming.I tried this before and had only one person to show .Then I was ragged on LOL ...
So if we want to do this I can set it all up and we are very serious they also have a pavillion I can rent but will only do that if its a SURE thing..So everyone just let me know I would like to rent the pavillion in advance if we want it.

Thin Water Tracker
12-17-2004, 09:59 PM
I put a vote in for CC. I can say now if I'm going to make it for sure. I got some bad new Friday from the liver center I'll be starting treaments. Looks like the end of Jan or Feb. So know if I will be able to travel yet. But if I can I'll be there I have fished CC. and it is a good catfish hole.

Larry G
12-19-2004, 06:20 AM
We live here so we will be there. That is of course if the vote continues the way it has. :lol:

Gentleben
12-19-2004, 06:56 PM
:D Once again :lol: if I am off on the days the muster will be held :lol: I will be there :cry: last time I was working.

medulla762
12-20-2004, 08:20 AM
I would be up for a CC trip!

algonzo
12-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Cedar Creek looks good to me. I'll try to schedule some vacation for those dates and hopefully get a cabin and take the family out on our first camping trip. My wife has never been camping, so hopefully we could make something good out of it.

Thin Water Tracker
12-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Hey Medulla were they high flyer sat. Outlaw and I were talking about you sat. They had said the fishing was a little slow Friday Night we todl boy if Mudulla was here it have thenm cata jumping on those jug. Hope you did get a few Sat.

dwaynez
12-20-2004, 02:23 PM
TWT

take care of yourself, I will be praying for you to make a fast and complete recovery.

cherylrw
12-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Ok guys Ben says his long weekend is for the 8th 9th and 10th so how about we do CC then?

Larry G
12-21-2004, 06:44 AM
Sounds good. GB is volunteering my service. I'll do what I can.

Gentleben
12-21-2004, 07:50 AM
Not volunteering ,just recomending:lol: Larry all you got to do is be there, the rest just falls in place :D Thanks

Larry G
12-21-2004, 07:53 AM
You got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dwaynez
12-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Those dates sound good to me, my wife and I will be there for sure.

algonzo
12-21-2004, 11:31 AM
If all goes well, my newborn son will be two months old at the point. So I'm kind-of "Iffy" for the April muster.... unless I score some really good brownie points from here til then, and my wife let's me take my son camping for that weekend. Cross your fingers.

dwaynez
12-21-2004, 11:54 AM
fingers are crossed, good luck and congrats on the new addition to the family.

Thin Water Tracker
12-21-2004, 12:42 PM
I know just by looking at what was posted up last year they have some really good looking cabins there. I did get to go last year due to work. But I'm going to do my best if it only to get away from Houston the take a break. Thats what I'l going to use on the wife. Shes been there and so far she talking like it would be a great weekend get away. I'll keep working on her. If I keep it up we'll be there. Heck I got five months to work on her.

cherylrw
12-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Here is a link look at the cove The cove (http://caneycove.com/Caney%20Cove%20Pictures4.htm)

It rents for 200.00 for 2 days and one night.It would be great for indoor eating and cooking if you guys think we might want it Ill get it...

If you look at Caneycove.com you can see that its a nice place.

There is only one thing not good about it..You can not launch your boat there,you have to go 1/2 mile up the road to a public boat ramp but your boats can dock here after launching..

The cabins are great and the campsites are nice...

dwaynez
12-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the link, looks like a very nice place.

Gentleben
12-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Let's try to keep the cost down, :lol: :D , the last two musters did not cost us a penny for the grounds or the camping but that is what makes this so great . I definetley will probably be doing some primitive camping at Motel 6 or Sandborns, or double up with Randy but dang he snores like a freight train :shock:

BIGDAVE
12-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Dang.. Ben you know you not supposeta talk about the people ya sleep with! He hee Randy I could sleep on the other side of Ben and we can snore him a lula-by in stereo. lol

Cheryl how close is the fuel tank for the boats? Also do you or anyone else know where to get a good topographical map of the lake?

Gentleben
12-22-2004, 10:37 PM
I did not say I slept with him :shock: jerryntsa did :oops: I slept in my tent but the storm came in an send me to my truck but i could hear it course, could ah been jerry ah snoring bwhahahhahahha.
I am starting to plan for that Muster already, if i can't borrow my sons big black tour bus then i'll take my bass boat but should not be a problem and by then I should have the third toon in ,so bigdave wouldn't submarine the catiwampus :lol: :lol:

dpiper
12-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Here ya go BigDave:

HOT SPOT MAPS (http://www.fishinghotspots.com/fhsinet/list_st.cfm?state=28)

Some free maps. Does not include Cedar Creek.

FREE MAPS (http://espn.go.com/outdoors/tips/s/tipsoims/index.html)

D. Piper

dwaynez
12-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Been a while since I have gone camping, looking forward to this muster

BIGDAVE
12-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks You Dpiper!! I placed my order this morning.

cherylrw
12-23-2004, 06:20 PM
There's a station between caney cove and the boat ramp to fuel up and about a mile up the water (if its still open) there is one.Also 2 to 3 miles at the dam there is a place. Mark says walmart usually has the maps of cedar creek.

Gentleben
12-24-2004, 03:51 AM
I stop at walmart and fill up my jerry cans b4 i get there, my boat loves to drink that petro, keeps the refineries going hehhehehehe
Merry Christmass to one and all and do not forget the reason for the season it is not about "us" it is about the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ .

wahahaha I can't beleive i said that, hope i don't get in trouble hehhe hehe

BIGDAVE
12-24-2004, 04:42 AM
Looks like I better do the same. Thanks Cheryl!

dwaynez
12-24-2004, 08:20 AM
Ben

I am glad you said it, too many people are afraid to say what they feel and what their beliefs are when it comes to religion. Nowadays you have to be careful about even saying Merry Christmas to someone it has all been replaced by " Happy Holidays" If you look a tv advertisements they are not the same as they were, Christmas parades are now called Holiday Parades.

Merry Christmas to You and Yours Ben, God Bless.

Thin Water Tracker
12-24-2004, 09:50 AM
I thought it was about shopping and money. That all this is pushed on the TV and Radio.

dwaynez
12-24-2004, 10:27 AM
TWT

You got that right people forget what Christmas Time is all about, it is funny now to look back on the time when I was a little kid and I just wanted gifts, but as you grow older it is truely better to give than to recieve. I love the look on my nieces and nephews faces when they get a gift they really enjoy. I myself like to spend time with my family and friends and enjoy our time together.

I get to see my nanny on christmas ( nanny and papaw are what I have always called my mothers parents) while my grandma and grandpa are my dads parents. I lost both my grandpaw and my papaw my senior year of highschool but I see my grandma everyday she lives on the next street over, but my nanny has been living in Texas City adn Lamark the last few months with my Aunt recovering from a stroke. She is doing better now and will be down for the holidays.

We are hosting christmas and being with family and friends is what it is all about because you don't know how much time you really have to spend with loved ones until they are gone and you realize how much you miss them.

For me Christmas is a time of celebration and family involvement centering around a nice dinner together and watching the smiling faces of the young ones open gifts and enjoy each others company.

I hope you and your family have a safe and memorable Christmas and to everyone on the forum have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thin Water Tracker
12-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Back at you.

Gentleben
12-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Thank dewaynez i could not have said all that without studdering!!
Feliz Navidad pa todos y prospero ano nuevo!!

dwaynez
12-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Same to you and all the board members.
Be safe and be Merry.

I will be up at 7am Frying Turkeys for Family and Friends So far I have to fry 6 big ol birds.

JACKALOPE
12-30-2004, 02:44 AM
I would like to see you have one at Richland Chambers.
Thank you
Bubba

Larry G
12-30-2004, 06:45 AM
Bubba, isn't Richland Chambers the back water of Cedar Creek? :roll: :?: :D

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 08:11 AM
Richland Chambers is a good body of water, I have several friends that fish it on a regular basis and have good results

Larry G
12-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Just josh'n, RC is twice the size of CC. :D

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Is there some good places to camp on RC. Something with cabins.

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 08:26 AM
I am not familiar with the lake but I will do a few web searches and post some information as soon as possible.

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 08:59 AM
That would be great !

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 09:03 AM
I will look for more, but the one place I can think of right now would be TPWD website.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/lakes/richcham/lake_id.htm

Looks like there are 6 areas to camp on the lake this site should have all the deatails about the camping areas, but I will keep an eye out for more.

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Thanks I'll check it out tonight after work

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 09:09 AM
no problem

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 01:47 PM
Your Top shelf D.

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 01:51 PM
Right back at ya

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 02:21 PM
I just spoke with someone at Caney Cove and she stated that there will be

4 cabins that will sleep 4 people for $65 a night
2 cabins that will sleep 4 people for $75 a night

Following steps are needed to reserve a room
1. call or email the office
2. provide name, address, phone, cell phone, dates, #people
3. credit card required to reserve room, ( card is not charged unless you no show and they will bill you for the reserved time. Once you arrive you can pay cash if you like.)

She also recommended that a reservation be made by Mid Feb or 1st week of march due to April 1st, being the start of their prime season.

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Thanks for theINFO D.

mrmakAUCTIONEER
01-02-2005, 07:14 PM
maybe richland chambers eh?

mrmakAUCTIONEER
01-02-2005, 07:17 PM
rayhubard is good lot of traffic **** well stocked.
tawakoney old lake good reputation.

mrmakAUCTIONEER
01-02-2005, 07:21 PM
whitney has great vaeriety tho. grea striper, lake, great smallmouth action, lots of parks, part of the brazos river. really great fishin, shear cliffs, to forests, and medows nice lake

mrmakAUCTIONEER
01-02-2005, 07:23 PM
possum kingdom old reliable

dwaynez
01-03-2005, 08:20 AM
mrmakAuctioneer

I have fished Whitney a few times, it has some beautiful scenery and some good fish. I went to college in Waco, and spent time at Whitney.

dwaynez
01-03-2005, 08:27 AM
possum Kingdom is a lake I have heard lots about but have never had the opportunity to fish, one of my goals is to fish more lakes in the new year.

dwaynez
01-07-2005, 10:41 AM
When the Muster takes place if anyone needs me to I will bring a few fish fryers, I have 4 of them and I can bring a few with the large 30qt pots and wire baskets.

Also if anyone is going to fry or cook anything else I have lots and lots of injectible marinades. I was able to catch a sale last night at WM Supercenter they Tony S marinades which are normally $4 a pop were marked down to $1 each so I bought all of them ( Creole Butter and Creole Butter w/ Jalapeno )

I will bring some with me when i get down there on Friday.

CajunDan
01-07-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm trying to get there. I convinced Momma to go, but I have to find a place to put a litter of lab puppies. They will be anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks old at the time of the gathering.
Cedar Creek is an awesome lake. I know some fellers that can put us on some serious crappie, I mean SERIOUS SIZED crappie. Medulla, you know'em.
Lots of Blues in the lake. shouldn't be hard to find 'em.

dpiper
01-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Looking forward to meeting ya CajunDan. From reading your posts on this forum I feel I already Know ya.

Donald

dwaynez
01-07-2005, 02:40 PM
This muster should be a great one, I am planning on bringing my wife and my parents may be in attendance as well. My dad went with me on The Catfishboat and caught the biggest fish of the trip the 11lb Hybrid.

dwaynez
01-12-2005, 09:19 AM
I don't think we will have a problem getting this muster filled up with members, just from looking at the posts it looks to be showing a lot of interest and should be great. I am looking forward to it. I have even talked my parents into coming along, my dad fishes with me all the time and has been doing so for a long time.

mikechell
01-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Hey, I will be checking my schedule. If I am in Texas at the time, I will make the trip in April. I hope it goes well, whether I can make it or not.

Mike

dpiper
01-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey Mike, its a lot of fishing, a lot of story telling, and a lot of eating. Check out the posts after the December muster. This is where we all met each other.

Its a blast.

Gentleben
01-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Mike, you come on to Ceder creek if ya gonna be here you can fish with me !!

dwaynez
01-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Lots of offers on the table Mike, I am not in Houston but if you are ever around Bryan or College Station then you can drop me a line and we can catch some fish.

Same goes for anyone on the board, I don't have a large boat just a 10 ft 2 man pontoon with a trolling motor but it goes around the private lake I live near and it is full of fish.

JACKALOPE
01-14-2005, 08:58 AM
There is also a gathering at lake Livingston in March, I think?

dwaynez
01-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Buba

Yes there is a livingston muster in March some time, some will be able to attend both musters. I am only attending the Cedar Creek Muster, but the livingston muster has been talked about and planned as well. There is information about it with maps to the lake as well in another post within the anouncement section.

dpiper
01-14-2005, 09:18 AM
Hey budda and dwaynez check the calender or the portal it is the 12th and 13th.

dwaynez
01-14-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks Piper

It doesn't look like I will make the Livingston Muster, but the Cedar Creek Muster is on the calender and I will be there with my family. I look forward to meeting everyone and catching some fish and sharing some stories.

algonzo
01-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Teamgonzo and I are going to try and make it to the Livingston muster. I think Teamgonzo is going for sure, cuz that's when he's getting his antique of a boat.... but it should run like a charm. I'm still iffy cuz of the new baby that will only be a few weeks at that time. We'll see though.

dwaynez
01-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Well if something changes I will try and make it, but I will see most of you in April at Cedar Creek.

flatcats
01-23-2005, 12:45 PM
I can't be definate about it, but I just might be there if everything goes well so please keep your fingers crossed. If I get to go I'd have to beg someone for an open seat and someone would have to fill me in on getting a non resident license also.

Hoping here,
Steve

mrmakAUCTIONEER
01-23-2005, 01:23 PM
I can't be definate about it, but I just might be there if everything goes well so please keep your fingers crossed. If I get to go I'd have to beg someone for an open seat and someone would have to fill me in on getting a non resident license also.

Hoping here,
Steve

u could always move here bro, git yer own real genuine tx. id. :D

Larry G
01-23-2005, 01:31 PM
You got a seat Steve! The license is $17 for the first day and $8 for each additional day. For the year is $55. I only have one requirement, "no fast women allowed". :oops: :lol:

JACKALOPE
01-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Steve you can have the wingman seat in Ben's craft!! that is good news , will be a good trip.
I just talked to him.

Thin Water Tracker
01-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Larry No Fast Women isn't that were they got the saying "cast and Blast".

Gentleben
01-23-2005, 04:09 PM
That is absolutely right, Flatcats, you can ride with me.

flatcats
01-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Question,

About how many wimmin folk are planning on being there? My wife was curious to see if she would have any company and wanted me to ask.

Steve

flatcats
01-23-2005, 04:38 PM
And thanks Larry, Bubba and Ben, you guys are the greatest =)

Steve

cherylrw
01-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Well last I checked I was a wimmin folk LOL....my daughter in laws will probably be there also, I received a call from Mark to find out he will probably be coming in on the 8th..(HE IS ALWAYS MAKING RUSH) so thats gonna be some major running.Im going down the 7th to rent the cabins 3 so far mine,the winners,and dwaynez..I am going to try and get them before then but sometimes they tell me to come down before hand so thats the plan, I will have to go to CC to drop stuff off leave the key for dwaynez cabin in case Im not there when he arrives and come back to DFW to get Mark and the boat then return to CC..Im gonna be exhausted LOL

Larry G
01-23-2005, 06:08 PM
TWT........I thought I would catch the dick'ns over that. My bride will be there also Steve.

mrmakAUCTIONEER
01-23-2005, 06:46 PM
might convice deb to come wouldnt be her first time.

JonW
01-23-2005, 07:54 PM
I was planning on being on the TN river that weekend, but who knows, maybe I'll change my mind!

Gentleben
01-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Steve this is the "freindliest family oriented" website you ever want to meet.The warden (my wife ) will be there. She does not get into the fishing but is there to make sure the fish get fried and everyone gets to eat . Sylvia, mrs choo choo man usually team up with her, I beleive BigDaves wife Debbie will be there so hey bring her on.

Steve; I will pick up the tab on your license for those three days to make your trip.

JonW, if you can make this one and don't, you will never, never, never forgive yourself, we have the greatest times at this "non alcoholic " functions!! There reason we make them Non alcoholic is to keep it family oiriented and pain of the hangover down. Moderate drinking is tolerated but not encouraged. At this functions we have the most fun I ever had .

dpiper
01-23-2005, 09:35 PM
Hey GB is mescal concidered alcohol? Looks like water to me.

JonW
01-23-2005, 09:46 PM
I'll check the bite and see how the bite is up flatcats way. Sounds like fun.

Gentleben
01-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Piper, You and i do not need anything to make us act crazy, it's the other folks i worry bout.
they quit putting the worm in meskal cause it was killling the worm population, that took all the kick out of it and now there is no race to see who gets the grubby worm bwahhahahahah, you better quit that LMAO.

dpiper
01-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Guess I'll stick to my water. :lol: :lol:

Larry G
01-24-2005, 02:28 AM
Great Avatar Don!

Thin Water Tracker
01-24-2005, 07:04 AM
If I make it the wife will be with me.

mrmakAUCTIONEER
01-24-2005, 12:21 PM
If I make it the wife will be with me.

is that supposed to sound like a disapointment :oops: er excitement, :shock:

flatcats
01-24-2005, 01:47 PM
This is great to know. I couldn't get Cathy on the Queen Mary much less a fishing boat so she said she'd stay on the bank if she just had a little company. =)

Steve

Thin Water Tracker
01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
She'll be my guard in over the next 244 months. Till I'm off the treatment so she be a drag along whenever I'm away from the house more then a few hours.

dpiper
01-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Thats twelve years. Wow thats a long time to be in recovery or whatever you call it. My prayers are with you Don.

flatcats
01-24-2005, 07:40 PM
It's not my business to know particulars, but may God give you steady improvement and good health through this 12 year watch time.

Steve

Gentleben
01-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Don, were you studdering or ws that 24 months??Whichever you are on many a prayer list !!It'l lbe good to have all the wimmin folks there to keep us straight and tell us where to go and what to do and when to do it, mine will bwahhahahahah.You see, that's why she earned the handle "The Warden".
I can hardly wait for this gig cause i get to meet larryg and maybe swing and who knows who else.
Yu all talk it up up there make some flyers and let's make this the biggest catfish show and rodeo fer them parts of the state!!
Get the north texas chapter kicking .

Larry G
01-25-2005, 04:30 AM
When it gets closer Ben, I'll call the local papers and have it in print.

Thin Water Tracker
01-25-2005, 07:06 AM
Well that was a major TypeO 24 months. I'm not sure what the Interferon is going to do to me. if I'm lucky I'll just feel like I have the flu a day or two after I give myself the shot each week. If all work out it will be worth the pay off after 96 shots.

dwaynez
01-25-2005, 09:39 AM
TWT

Prayers go out to you, a long recovery process but it will be worth it and you will get your health back when the process is completed.

dwaynez
01-25-2005, 09:41 AM
I am excited about this muster, I am looking forward to meeting everyone and catching some fish. My wife is excited about it as well she wants to meet everyone and spend some time relaxing. She is not a big boat fan either so she won't go out very often, but maybe I can get her out there for a little bit.

medulla762
01-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Who rented all the cabins?

I called and tried to get a cabin and was informed one person had them all rented.

Was it someone from this group?

I reserved a screened shelter.

Has anyone started a wish list?

I'll bring a fish fryer, oil, cornmeal, flour, various seasonings, and cooking utensils.

Are pits/grills available on site? If yes, what type?

Is there a fish cleaning station on site?

I'm bringing my boat, a few jugs and rod & reels. I'm very much looking forward to this trip!

dwaynez
01-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Look forward to meeting you at the muster Medulla
Cheryl was going to reserve some cabins, I would send her a message and see if she has them booked.

CajunDan
01-25-2005, 10:22 AM
I just found out I have to work........ my task for the day is cooking crawfish but it's cooking for the International ESH Company folks. Trying to get it done early and will head to the lake after that. I may not get to spend the night but will make an appearance. Do I need to bring my boat? I can help run some jugs with a couple people.

medulla762
01-25-2005, 10:26 AM
We will let you hang out with us if'n you bring a sack of them cooked bugs...hehehe...

CajunDan
01-25-2005, 10:29 AM
dang joe, you musta been sitting on the ishingtx website trying to hatch it....

I'm in charge of ordering, cooking, and disposing :) of the crawfish.hhehehehehehe

I may just have to order an extra sack and throw it in the truck when I leave.

medulla762
01-25-2005, 10:39 AM
my best buddy...you got a spot in my boat...hahaha...

dwaynez
01-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Crawfish?

Man that is some good stuff, I had a crawfish boil a while back with some corn and potatos. You guys like em hot or mild? I like to feel the burn from my crawfish

medulla762
01-25-2005, 11:31 AM
I like 'em so hot/spicy your fingers even burn!

dwaynez
01-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Yep

nothing better than the burn from some good crawfish.

cherylrw
01-25-2005, 12:09 PM
OK CHANGE IN PLANS ..... IVE MADE A MISTAKE EVIDENTALLY....CANEY COVE HAS ALREADY BOOKED ALL CABINS FOR THAT WEEKEND.
ALL I CAN DO IS BOOK THE LODGE...YOU CAN SLEEP IN THE LODGE ...IT HAS THE KITCHEN AND A BATH 4 FUTONS AND SHE SAID WE CAN GET 4 ROLL AWAY BEDS IF ANY OF YOU THAT WANTED A CABIN WANTS TO STAY IN THE LODGE LET ME KNOW ,IT IS 800 SQ FEET.. I AM ASHAMED IVE NEVER HAD TO BOOK THIS FAR IN ADVANCE AND IVE BEEN GOING THERE FOR 4 YEARS...I WILL BE RESERVING THE LODGE SO ANY OF YOU ARE WELCOME TO STAY THERE AND I GUESS I WILL GIVE MONEY INSTEAD OF A FREE CABIN LOL....

dpiper
01-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Cheryl, you should update this page http://fishingtx.com/forum/kb.php?mode=article&k=14. We want winners not whinners.

dwaynez
01-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Piper
On patrol keeping an eagle eye on us all. LOL good call Piper.

dwaynez
01-25-2005, 01:12 PM
What other options are there for that weekend, are there hotels close to the lake that you could recommend?

cherylrw
01-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Yes there is a hotel.There is another camp site like a mile or so from there but its not as nice.It does have cabins.It is called Sunny Glen

dpiper
01-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Yes Dwaynez. I updated TCF as well.

dwaynez
01-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Appreciate it Cheryl, I will let you know later this week what our plans will be, whether we stay at the lodge or make other arrangements.

dwaynez
01-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Cool Piper

Thin Water Tracker
01-25-2005, 02:13 PM
I maybe abl to stay on a friends place I'll have to call him and see. It's on the TOOL end of the lake. I wonder how far that is from Cany I still haven;t found what I did with my CC map. if it close it would be great not to have to trailer the boat around the lake. Going to start digging deep to see if I can find it.

cherylrw
01-25-2005, 02:25 PM
WELL I MADE THE MAJOR ***** UP SO WINNER GETS CASH ! NOW I NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY WANT TO STAY IN THE LODGE BECAUSE SHE IS TAKING MY INFO AND I AM RESERVING IT NOW.SHE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE AND IF I NEED THE COTS..

cherylrw
01-25-2005, 02:35 PM
OK WELL I JUST RENTED IT !! LOL ...I TOLD HER THERE COULD BE 19 OR 20 PEOPLE IN THERE FOR NIGHT TIME,SO ANYBODY WANTING TO STAY IN IT,IT DOES HAVE SHOWER AND KITCHEN YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME..

dwaynez
01-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Appreciate it Cheryl, I will check with my wife and my parents who wanted to come along as well and see what they want to do.

Gentleben
02-07-2005, 01:40 AM
What the closest motel casue the warden ain't staying in the woods, she is afraid of booger bears and stuff

dwaynez
02-07-2005, 08:29 AM
I checked around and I know there is a best western in Gun Barrell City, Not sure what would be closer.

I was able to get a cabin at sunny glen which is about a mile away from the caney cover cabins and they have 4 person cabins for $42 dollars a night, they may still have some available. If you are unable to find a motel give them a call and see if you could book a room there.

Larry G
02-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Ben/Dwayne, the Best Western and 2 more motels are up here near me. The Best Western is new and never full. It would be a 15 mile + or - ride down to Caney. Boat ride from up here to Caney is a long trip if ya don't have one of those high flying hot rod boats. Sandy Shores Marina has trailer sights but you will have to book well in advance. Big Chief Landing has 6-8 rooms right at the ramp area. Again, all of these sights are up here in GBC. Fact is, every thing is in GBC. The Public ramp is up here on the causeway. I lease 'put in' at Sandy Shores and that is a great protected area. Other Marinas are Harbor Point, Don's Port, the causeway marina and the old Redwood Marina. All of these are up here. Y'all might connect to the GBC web sight and get some answers. If you need help, I'll be glad to help. :)

dwaynez
02-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks for all of the info Larry, I will be there around lunch time on Friday. We have a small cabin on the lake and look forward to meeting everyone and catching some fish. I will probably do a little R&R fishing when I get down there, from what the website said they have several piers for fishing and a little bait shop.

mrmakAUCTIONEER
02-13-2005, 10:35 AM
What the closest motel casue the warden ain't staying in thewoods, she is afraidof bears and stuff

YALL ARE welcome to camp at our place bro. You , wardden, and yer bus load of troops crash here and we can meet up with them utter enthusiests inn about an 1- 1 1/2 hours ride from us. whaddiya think.

Gentleben
02-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks Maki we may take you up on it but not sure what we gonna do, yet . i do know we gonna be there and catch a ton of fish.

dwaynez
02-14-2005, 03:44 PM
This muster should be a blast, I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

CajunDan
02-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Talked to Medulla Sunday.... He's coming. Ya'll bring your Crappie gear... them GREAT BIG slabs oughta be easy to get by then.

I thought I was gonna have to work that weekend but it looks like the company has decided not to work us that weekend and has postponed to operation for another weekend so I'll be there Saturday morning. Most likely will not be able to spend the night but will make a definate day of it.

I'll have a bunch of puppies on the ground and almost ready to go home that weekend. May bring a couple of them with me to show. They are registered Labs, most likely all will be black and top out at around 65 or 70 pounds. The mama dog is sleek and black and the papa dog is dark yellow and sleek as can be. Anybody interested I'll give you the fishingtx discount of $200.00.

medulla762
02-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Dang Dan, does this mean you aint bringin' us bugs? Aahhhh man! I guess we will let you hang with us anyways, but only because you are going to school us on them perch!

This is going to be FUN!!!

dwaynez
02-15-2005, 11:51 PM
I will have my gear ready, just purchased a few new crappie setups from Wally World on closeout and they need to be broken in real good. Look forward to fishing with you all.

CajunDan
02-16-2005, 01:08 PM
For those of you wanting to catch some crappie while waiting on the jugs..... Bring you a spinning outfit. I personally like the Shimano's and Bass Pro Shops brands. The good ones run for around $80.00 for a rod and reel combo. Bring lots of 1/8 and 1/16 oz. crappie jigs with either red body and white tail tubes or chartreuse tubes, white works but the other two are better.

Practice some underhand casting as well as the skipping method. You'll be shooting the docks and will catch everything from bream to catfish along with the crappie.

The crappie have already started staging and the whites are starting their runs, the cats won't be far behind. The water in this neck of the woods is still a little cold but hybrids and stripers are really moving good with some big catches happening on Texoma and Towakoni.

Gentleben
02-16-2005, 01:13 PM
I paid ed 5$ for some crappie cane poles at wally world and bet they catch alot of crappie , remember it's not the price of the tool but how you use it. (-:

algonzo
02-16-2005, 01:17 PM
That's exactly what my problem is.... No matter how much money I spend to do it right so to say, I still can't put nothing in the freezer. This summer I plan to learn everything there is to know about crappie fishing... so you better start looking for the honey holes Ben, cuz your my first stop.

CajunDan
02-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Depending on the water and the type of fishing.
8)
You won't be able to reach these fish with a cane pole. Spinning rigs are needed, unless you can skip a 1/16 oz jig with a bait caster.... :shock:

You can use the cheaper spinning outfits but I have found that the the shimano's and bass pro brands last longer, are smoother actioned, and produce less line twist. That's just my opinion. :)

The crappie will be way up underneath the docks and some sort of method such as shooting the docks will be needed to catch them. Trust me, been there and got the t-shirt.

Highfins should be pretty easy on the jugs and for those of you who like to R&R I'm sure we can find a couple of us to show you how to drift for the kitties. Sometimes that is more productive than the jugs.

All in all its gonna be fun for all...

flatcats
02-16-2005, 01:25 PM
I guess I'm too uncoordinated, but I can't use a baitcaster to save my life so I use spinning gear exclusively.
Man I just gotta go to this meet...

CajunDan
02-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Dang Dan, does this mean you aint bringin' us bugs? Aahhhh man! I guess we will let you hang with us anyways, but only because you are going to school us on them perch!

This is going to be FUN!!!

Okay Medulla, I'll bring some bugs for ya.................... but you gotta brang me some redfish on the half-shell :mrgreen:

I'll put ya on some white perch too.

CajunDan
02-16-2005, 01:52 PM
That's exactly what my problem is.... No matter how much money I spend to do it right so to say, I still can't put nothing in the freezer. This summer I plan to learn everything there is to know about crappie fishing... so you better start looking for the honey holes Ben, cuz your my first stop.

You're gonna get a lesson on CC of how it's supposed to be done. I just hope the phishes cooperate.

For most of you the crappie catching will be picked up in about 2 seconds. It doesn't take a somewhat decent fisherperson just a little bit to figure it out. If I can do it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anybody can do it....... I'm one of those that can't catch myself if I wrap my arms around me.....

dwaynez
02-16-2005, 01:55 PM
CajunDan

Shooting some docks sounds like a blast, I have a few ultralight setups I like using for crappie.

One is 6 1/2ft
One is 6ft
2 at 4'6'' These are great for tight quarters.

I look forward to this muster, nothing better than fishing and good conversation.

dwaynez
02-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Steve

I have used baitcasters for some time now, got my first one when I was 14, it takes a little getting use to but they are great reels. I still build a few birds nests every now and again, but it is all part of the game.

CajunDan
02-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Steve

I have used baitcasters for some time now, got my first one when I was 14, it takes a little getting use to but they are great reels. I still build a few birds nests every now and again, but it is all part of the game.

They definately take a little practice. I started using them when I was 5 or 6 years old and that was on the old baitcasters that used the braided line and had no drag. I must have chunked that thing a thousand times across my yard.
I'm now 35 and still pile up a pretty good rats nest every now and again, especially on the newer fancy smancy reels. Of course you guys would choke if you seen my good ones and the price tag that fits with them. Those curados and Chronarchs sure do cast well, are extremely smooth and last forever. Not to mention the no questions asked full lifetime warranty.

Shooting the docks is a definate blast. It can be fast and furious or just a stroll down the bank. either way is just as much fun to me.

Which brings me to the question...... Do I need to bring my boat?

Medulla, you got a trolling motor on your? It makes it easier when shooting.

Gentleben
02-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Steve it gonna be a gas with CD leading the pack and me bringing up the rear something exciting bound to happen. Gonzo don't spend no more money on fishing gear unless it is on jugs or matrial for jugs we'll fill up the freezer (if it be little ) :shock: :oops:
If m ycane pole don't reach them we'll just dive for them bwahhahahahhaha

dwaynez
02-16-2005, 02:27 PM
I have multiple crappie setups I can bring along as well, also if you get in a pinch I do have a trolling motor as well, not anything special its a 45lb thrust motorguide bill dance model. I can bring it if it is needed.

dwaynez
02-16-2005, 02:28 PM
CajunDan

The first baitcaster I ever bought is still used dail, its a Shimano Chromica its a good reel used for catfishing. It's old but it still gets the job done.

CajunDan
02-16-2005, 02:31 PM
I was gonna say,,,,, with me in the front of the pack and ben bringin up the rear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,somebodies goin in the drink.....hehehehehhehe

I can just see a whole line of boats shooting the same docks one after the other........ we may not leave a fish to be had...... It'd be like Papa goose with his little fledglings right behind him...hehhehehehe

The ultrlight stuff is really fun shooting the docks,,,,,,,,,,,specially when you hang about a 2 pound sandy............. wooooo hoooooooooo hang on cause the fight is definately on..........

dwaynez
02-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Sounds good to me, I can hear the drag screaming already

CajunDan
02-17-2005, 03:52 PM
CajunDan

The first baitcaster I ever bought is still used dail, its a Shimano Chromica its a good reel used for catfishing. It's old but it still gets the job done.

Chromica was a good reel. I had a couple of them. The problem was it's pre-antiback reel. The new ones are solid as a rock and the Curado is a great reel for the money.

Another good reel for the money is the Roddy 175 by Penn. Redneck was selling them last year for I think $29.00. Here's a picture. http://www.ackfishing.com/images/roddy175.gif
Looks to be $34.00 here. http://www.ackfishing.com/pennroddyreels.htm

It's a nice reel that really performs well for the kitty fish.

If you want to swallow your gum..... Look at the price on this dude... http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/horizontal-item.jhtml?id=0030837115027a&navAction=jump&navCou nt=4&indexId=cat20331&podId=0030837&catalogCode=IF &parentId=cat20331&parentType=index&rid=&cmCat=Mai nCatcat20166&hasJS=true

I want one of these but mama says if I bring one of'em home I have to sleep with it,,,,me and the dog in the doghouse outside,,,in the cold.

Told me the only time I could have one is if I got it free from a sponsor and I don't do that no more so I guess I have to be happy with what I got.

dwaynez
02-17-2005, 04:17 PM
I know what you mean

I love Abu Garcia's for Catfish the 6500 with the clicker, I love those for catfish. I also use several spinning reels for long range cats. There are some very good high dollar reels out there that I would love to own, but my wife says paying the electricity bill comes first, I gotta talk to her about priorities. LOL!

flatcats
02-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Look, I love you guys to death and all that, but as for me, I'll just stick with my http://www.charliescatfishbaitsoap.com/baitrunner.gif

CajunDan
02-17-2005, 04:26 PM
is that a Quantum? Shame on you............ Mitchell used to make some really good spinning tackle. You could hit it with a hammer and it still worked. I found some Bass Pro Shops spinning combos for $80.00 last year that are really awesome. Really nice reel plus an 7 ' IM8 rod all for 79.99.
Ain't nothin wrong with the spinning tackle. I use'em quite often.

dwaynez
02-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Nice

I have a mitchell copperhead that I use all the time as well as a few quantum spinning reels that work real good for cats.

I have several mitchell spinning reels, quantum, diawa, abu garcia as well.

dpiper
02-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Zebco 202. Do they make a 101?

dwaynez
02-17-2005, 04:48 PM
I have a zebco #11 it's a little ultralight version of the 202 uses 2-4lb test line. Great for perch and crappie fishing.

I still have a few 202 and 404, man those little reels could pull in some fish.

Gentleben
02-17-2005, 05:27 PM
no, they made a 404, they are prehistoric!!

Gentleben
02-17-2005, 05:35 PM
CD be more like the Pipe piper hee heh heh eh he h

flatcats
02-17-2005, 05:44 PM
I've got two original 1957 202's in pristine condition. Even have the box for one of them. Darn good reels the old ones were.

flatcats
02-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Cajun Dan, a Quantum? uh-uhh. That's my Shimano Baitrunner 6500B. At two pounds it's a monster but it can cast 10 oz. from here to Jupiter.

medulla762
02-18-2005, 08:16 AM
......... but you gotta brang me some redfish on the half-shell :mrgreen:

I have a trolling motor and should have it mounted by then.

You puttin' us on some perch sounds great, but what's this redfish on the half-shell you refer to?

Hehehe...I might just know a little sumpin' 'bout dat halfshellin'....mmmm...mmm....

dwaynez
02-18-2005, 08:18 AM
That is a good looking meal there, jalapenos and onions with some pico, man that looks good.

Larry G
02-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Man, oh man does that look good. :!: I'm not a coastal fisherman, just what is that?

CajunDan
02-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Cajun Dan, a Quantum? uh-uhh. That's my Shimano Baitrunner 6500B. At two pounds it's a monster but it can cast 10 oz. from here to Jupiter.

Shimano is probably the best reels ever made. I've owned several other brands and for the quality and reliability the shimano's are unbeatable. They cost a little more but are one of the best there is, and that's next to the penn's. Penn reel cost mucho dinero but are well worth the price.

Used to have a joke about the Quantums...... They quantum leap into the trash pile..... :lol:

CajunDan
02-18-2005, 09:09 AM
......... but you gotta brang me some redfish on the half-shell :mrgreen:

I have a trolling motor and should have it mounted by then.

You puttin' us on some perch sounds great, but what's this redfish on the half-shell you refer to?

Hehehe...I might just know a little sumpin' 'bout dat halfshellin'....mmmm...mmm....

Dang, it's 9 am and as soon as I seen this the ol' belly begins to rumble.

For all you that don't know that is REDFISH ON THE HALFSHELL. Make you slap yo mama good...............MMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM!!!

Yummer...

Getting the stuff ready and trying to get some crawfish suppliers talked into selling it cheap. I can swing a sack I bet.

dwaynez
02-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Cool
We should have tons of food at this gathering. Plenty will be caught and pleanty will be brought. I will bring something down or maybe just bring another fryer to help out with the cooking.

CajunDan
02-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Talked to swing yesterday, that sucker is gonna ride with me to the gathering. If you boys want to see a good feller and laugh at one funny sumgun,,,,get ready....Ol' swingandihopetheyhaveastarbucksatCC and myself will be headed to CC on 4/9.

dpiper
02-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Ain't nothing wrong with a little Starbucks in your blood. Providing you can afford it of course.

CajunDan
02-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Ain't nothing wrong with a little Starbucks in your blood. Providing you can afford it of course.

I definately need to introduce you to swing.

The boy lives in frisco so that makes hime the high falootin great big SUV drivin redneck yuppie. Who drinks starbucks a couple times a day....

He makes a couple hundred million dollars per year and goes and buys a 1984 17 foot bass tracker with a 40 horse mercury. The boat is all camoed out and his wife won't let him keep it in the driveway. He has to store it away from home. :lol: :lol:

I will say that if you need some financial planning then swing is the one.

dwaynez
02-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Sounds like a great guy, look forward to meeting him at the muster.

Gentleben
03-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Next muster is just around the corner let's see some hands who gonna be going??
Cedar Creek or Bust!!
1. ME, me ,me ,me ,me ,me ,me me and the Warden, maybe Corey and Cody

medulla762
03-22-2005, 11:20 AM
I will be there late Thursday.

Can you get in the park after hours?

dwaynez
03-22-2005, 01:16 PM
I will be there friday around lunch time or before, I am staying in a cabin at Sunny Glen and will make my way over to everyone else in the afternoon.

I will probably do a little fishing from the bank or pier area when I get there if anyone wants to fish just let me know and give me a call on my cell 979-220-7203

Gentleben
03-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Where is the closest motel .

BIGDAVE
03-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Levi, Debbi & I will be there around noon Friday. I hope! We will be on site F15. Ok Ben, what did you buy us from Bass Pro?

Gentleben
03-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Not a thing ,Warden got two seats for her toony but man they were kind ah high i went to Academy and made my purchases.
Warden gets serious about her shopping.

Gentleben
03-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Big D let me know what time you plan on leaving and i'll follow you up there , we'll just form a car/boatavan :oops: :shock:
Piper, can you or anyone else put us a good map up so we can know where we are going??
Late flash, Cheryl Williams/webmaster of Fishingtx.com will not be there so don't know, not for sure what she had reserved, but someone may need to check on that.

dwaynez
03-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Ben

I am the same way, BP is a little hight at times, that is why I look for the sales. Academy gets a lot of my business though.

dwaynez
03-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Ben

If I am not mistaken Cheryl had reserved the lodge area, larger covered meeting room type place. That is according to a pervious post, but I am not 100% sure.

I will be arriving there friday around 12 or so.