PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 18, 2004 Muster

Thin Water Tracker
12-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Well I made it to the muster about 10:00hrs. Got to put some faces to the people I had been talking to on line. They said that the fishing had been slow through the night but they did have some good fish. And as normal when I got there Big Dave was cleaning fish. They had a few over 20 they was a guy that had been running trot line on the south end of the lake came in to the ramp that had a 67lb flathead. It was a short trip for me I had to leave at 13:30 hrs just as they were starting to cook the fish. grap a hunk for the road and headed out. Great peopel and a great time.

OUTLAW
12-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Nice to put a few faces with names. I left shortly after you as well. Good showing and great day to be out. 8)

Thin Water Tracker
12-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Ok I tried getting them all on one post here are somemore.

Thin Water Tracker
12-18-2004, 03:28 PM
O kI guess this has to happen 3 at a time.

Thin Water Tracker
12-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Last two

Thin Water Tracker
12-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Well I should have stayed for the fish I got home and the wife was gone figure she went to the store. so I jump on line before she got home will as it turned out she took off early for the barn. She did get back till 0330hrs. I could have stayed longer. then she told me that we didn;t have to be in Houston til 1900hrs. I could have stay and got to know a few people I had got time to talk to. Maybe next time. Ben tell the warden the fish was great spicy just the way I like it. Maybe next.

TeamGonzo
12-18-2004, 06:17 PM
Man, I just want to take the time to thank everyone for the warm welcome and the invite to this event. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and I hope we can do this again. I really learned a lot about jugging from this trip, thanks to dpiper and his nephews. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed being on the lake with them boys and look forward to maybe spending some more time together in the future. Dpiper, thanks for the hospitality and the opportunity for letting us use your pontoon. I sincerely thank you for that. BIG thanks goes out to BIG Dave who worked his tail off out there. Everything tasted delicious and I hope I'll be able to stay a little longer next time. I guess once the baby gets a little bigger my account manager will allow me to stay longer. By the way, Algonzo left his 6' table out there and his blue rhino propane tank, so if anyone is holding it for him please let him know. Thanks again everyone...it was really fun and enjoyable.

dpiper
12-18-2004, 08:02 PM
By gally, when GentleBen says "NO SLIME" he means it.

Gentleben
12-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Don TWT it was great ta see you again, so sorry you could not stay, te warden is a natural and loves to help people as Sylvia they both worked hard Thank you Sylvia(Mrs Choo Choo man !!
Teamgonz i retreived al's table and found propane bottle , a gerber knife and 3 life jackets.
Wayne man it was great to finally get to meet you. Outlaw it was great ta meet you, thanks for the help.
Glad ta meet all the gonzos and uncle cousing hey I need some names all our sign in book it got wet so please send me names of attendees.
So far this is who i remember.
Sopecial thanks to mrs debbie Taylor I tild BigDave yo ulucky man to have awonderfull patien twife that tolerate s him doing all the thinhgs he does (for Other people ) off course I know he does alot for them too, thank you Debbie.
Special thanks to our fed cop Bgbluecat for his use of the pit it sures was a life saver ,and the fish frier was the cat's meow, man i could sit here all day and brag on each and every one of you but I got to go.
Jerry nta was the offical hooker on my boat the "Catiwampus" Wayne did alot o fhookin gand unhooking guys did great ay keeping the slime off the Wardens boat. Even got BigDave in my boat as special instructor and entertainer ehhehehh u kill me with your jokes :wink:
Don't know in total how many fish were caught i know I had 3 gal bags of trimmed fillets and BigDdave had a big ole bag of op filletts off that op that Allen Bislie caught so all in all there was ample fish, then i found 15 nice blues in my box that we got when we piced u pthe jugsg, when i got home Cajun Cooker is comin fer them today he cleans them ehheeh
TWT thanks for all the pics we'll let you be official camerman then all i got to do is EAT!!!
01 Big Jim Ray hilton
02 Dpiper
03 Steven Piper
04 Riley Newlin
05 algonzo
06 team gonzo
07 Uncle Gonzo
08 Cousin gonzo
09 Outlaw
10 Nthony
11 brenda (nthony's girl friend
12 Maulwalker
13 Christan maulworkers lady
14 Fred
15 N splendora
16 Bigdave
17 jamie
18 alison
19 Choo choo man
20 mrs choo cho man
21 Don diego
22 Bgbluecat
23 bud loper
21 Nephew bud jr
22 grandaughter lopper
23 jeremia lopergrandson
24 Wayne saunders
25 Corey
26 Dan
27 Jamie
28 devin
29 james
30 cody
31 alison
32 mr gibbs (coreys Dad)
33 mark williams
34 Cheryl williams
35 tara
36 ashley
37 GentleBen
38 The Warden
39 JerryNTA
40 Huey
41. TWT(sorry Don) :oops:
42.Mr Tyler (Jamies dad)
43. Sheriffs Officer Dennis Magurn .
44, Lake Patrol Officer James Grimes
45. Lake Patrol Officer Grimes Wingman( did not get name )
46 James)local resisdent came to check us out )
47 Jim Ward (local residen came by)
48 Debbie Taylor (how could I forget this angel )
49.Levie (catfish monster was not feeling well so he did not fish but the came down anyway.
Looking for #50

OUTLAW
12-18-2004, 10:08 PM
You had a great turnout, Hat's off to "Mr. Hospitality" and the Warden. Let's not forget the juggers that got the fish, NSplendora for his knife work and the other helpers and cooks. Fish was great!

Thin Water Tracker
12-19-2004, 02:19 AM
I beleave a good time was had by all. It nice to have a Muster go without no problems.

Thin Water Tracker
12-19-2004, 02:31 AM
41. TWT

Gentleben
12-19-2004, 08:19 AM
I want to thank BigDave Taylor for his effort and tenacity in making this muster the success that it was. this man went full speed ahead since we got there friday morning until we closed the gate sat afternoon . Everyone Sylvia the Warden ,Outlaw, Don Diego all those in the kitchen I could not beleive the effort all this guys put into helping; makes my job as site camerman easier ahahahah. N-splendora filleted about 30 blues nice ones that DD had caught , sorry my camera was lost and my back up was arguing with me I tried to get some pics of the cleaning but failed.

Funny :lol: and sad :cry: but after I closed the gate behind me i looked back onto the grounds and was sadden. You know when you get family from out of town and they leave after a few days of visitation, well that was the kind of sadness and empty feeling i had ,
thank you, every one of you that came and made this a very special event. I will be working on getting us that private place where no one will be bothering us, not saying that anyone did, but we need our own place .
This place was very handicap accessable and that's why we used it
Left to right is Huey , Piper ,Jerrynta (our web host) Gonzo TWT , baby tara, Cheryl and Mark Williams (webmasters/owners,.all the way from Seagoville Tx!!
Thank you 4 driving down ta say hi.
I will be going to wash my boat and then going to church so see ya all about 1300 hrs.

Thin Water Tracker
12-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Well a least you stayed dry on this one Ben so that a plus.LOL

BIGDAVE
12-19-2004, 07:14 PM
I want to thank everyone for comming. I won't go into any details Ben has it covered. Thanks buddy. A special "thank you" to those of you that pitched in to help, brought food, drinks, boats, bbq pit, and etc.. In fact, I believe that was everyone! I don't know of anyone that didn't contribute. I sencerly hope that all of the new members enjoyed their self and got something from the muster. Events like this where so many people come together with out fighting makes me proud to be a part of this site and call each one of you my friend. I enjoyed myself tremendously and apoligize for posting so late. Four hours sleep in three days kicked my getup and go.

Thin Water Tracker
12-19-2004, 07:19 PM
I was the long but I know you and Ben did a lot of work get this set up and I for one thank you both for you time a lack of sleep.

Gentleben
12-19-2004, 09:49 PM
My PT finally hit the water and what a Christianing i twas , got a little slim on the floor guys were real careful , thanks Jerry
I enjoyed every of wink i sleep i missed ,thanks Don , we tried as we usually do and this one just fell together but in reality the yal ldo i tis the poeple that come that make the muster :lol: thanks fer being there .

Gentleben
12-19-2004, 09:53 PM
yes, we gonna set up this beautifull tent at the next muster

saundecw
12-19-2004, 10:50 PM
I had such a great time it's hard to find a place to start. I especially want to thank BIGDAVE for all the work he put into this Muster to make it such a success. GentleBen and dpiper I felt like I knew you guys before we ever met. The hospitality, conversations, sharing of information and "how to" instruction that took place was remarkable. dpiper you had a crew and a half on your PT, they really impressed me. Ben if the three life jackets are the orange ones of mine mark them as "Muster Jackets" and keep them for guests, they need to be used. BIGDAVE I owe you. The coffee saved the day. I finally got all my juglines broke in and learned a lot about Lake Houston. Now I'm looking forward to the next one and hope to be better prepared.

dpiper
12-19-2004, 11:15 PM
BigDave, GentleBen

I want to thank you two. Ya'll put on a great show. Dave, I don't know how you did it. Four hours sleep in three days. You the man.

The company and food were great. Wow there was enough food to feed a college football team. Chicken, ham, saugage and more saugage, breakfast tacos, tamales, fish, fries, charro and pork-n- beans, ect ect.

That was some bbq pit. Thanks Bgbluecat.

It great to be around great people. But with so many Dons I wouldn't expect anything else. This is one fine forum.

Donald

Gentleben
12-20-2004, 03:50 AM
Thanks Wayne I needed a couple ,3 PFD's anyone have a childs size like fer baby Tara , that you are not using I sure can,
The Gerber pocket knife still has no owner , nor the cup.
Piper you are a gas,no i did not say you passed gas I said you were a gas , enjoy having you and your crew around that Steven is growing up to be a real jugger.
Big Dave is on a very well deserved vacation from work but they still call him for instruction and technical advice . He spends many hours at the job making sure that the equip and plant are in good shape so we can run it.
I am very proud of every one that attended and no we don't need to advertise on other websites, we probably could not handle any more than what we had , so let's keep it for ourselfs.
For all the killers, I mean hunters out there Dulla Cast in blast BBduck capaon we missed you but am sure you were at your calling!!

n-splendora
12-20-2004, 07:29 AM
As always it's great to put faces with names. I know Fred and I had a GREAT TIME. I would like thank Big Dave for Hosting this event. He Did a outstanding job, and a special thankyou to Don Diego for going out and prefishing this event. Man he knows how to catchem !

And a big thankyou to everyone else. The food was great!!!

algonzo
12-20-2004, 09:38 AM
OK... lack of internet over the weekend, so I'm a little late on the my post.

First off I want to thank BigDave for putting on a great show and made sure that everything was covered from Coffee to heaters, to food... you name it, Big Dave made sure we had it. Secondly, I want to thank DPiper for taking us out Friday night and learning us a thing or two. Didn't bring in much that night, but it was great.

Teamgonzo and I made it out around 9:00 PM Friday night and fished til about 1:00 AM on Saturday, and I finally left around 3:00 AM Saturday morning. I couldn't stay for Saturday cuz I have an 8 month pregnant wife home that is supposed to be on bedrest, so she wasn't too happy about me having fun while she sits there and has premature contractions all night. Besides I had a few family events going on that Saturday morning.

I was able to put a few names to some faces, but missed the majority. Oh well, there's always next time. Great to meet all you guys and thanks for a wonderful time. I look forward to doing this again some time.

dpiper
12-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Algonzo, I still have your super secret invention. I'll try and remember to tell my wife to remind me to bring them the teamgonzo. What would us guys do with out our wifes?

Hey GB, When the nephews were unloading the boat Saturday I noticed we took your range cubes. I'll get them to you soon.

Donald

algonzo
12-20-2004, 10:01 AM
DPiper, you can keep them super secret "Algonzo's Clip-On Chumming Capsules". I'm sure you and your family will be able to do a lot more field testing than I would. They only cost about $2.00 to make. I'll be posting a How-To on this soon. Give them some field running and let me know what I can do to improve them, or if they belong in the trash. Maybe one day them capsules will be worth something and I can autograph them for you....LOL. Also you can proudly say that you own the first ever built "Algonzo's Clip-On Chumming Capsules"....LOL OK maybe that's too much. Thanks for the wonderful weekend by-the-way.

dpiper
12-20-2004, 10:16 AM
I'm looking forward to the unvailing of the lighted ones.

dwaynez
12-20-2004, 02:26 PM
I am glad to see everyone had a great time at the muster, unfortunately a family situation kept me from making it, but my wife and i will be at the next muster in April no matter what we have blocked that time for the muster.

BIGDAVE
12-20-2004, 04:41 PM
I did manage to get a few pictures.

BIGDAVE
12-20-2004, 04:59 PM
One of these days I will take more pictures.

cherylrw
12-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Well we came home to a dead computer and we just borrowed one so we could catch up on things.We had a good time meeting everyone and as usual Ben and the warden are excellent to everyone...Our regret was that we couldnt make it friday night and have spent more time with everyone...Hopefully whereever the next one is we can be there the whole time.I think now Mark doesnt mind if I go without him here so thats a good thing...LOL...We want to THANK ALL OF YOU for making this sight such an excellent place for all fisherman and women..

Gentleben
12-20-2004, 08:00 PM
We appreciate all the time and money that you and Mark have put into this website so we could all come together and have a revival ,
we have grown to be a family that is well blended. :lol:
Our regrets that you all did not get to get in on the fish cleaning and catching but maybe when we have one at RC or CC we can let you, CD , LarryG, and Maki sponsor that one.... :shock:
where ya at DD?? :!:

Larry G
12-21-2004, 06:28 AM
I don't know much about all of this but I am retired (I guess I have mentioned that :roll: ) and have very little to do but fish. Now then, Caney is 500 miles down lake from me so it would be an adventure for me also. I know nothing about that part of the lake so maybe I had better hook up with some guys that can show me around.

cherylrw
12-21-2004, 08:46 AM
LOL ...what part pf the lake are you on Larry

Thin Water Tracker
12-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Maybe you can dig up some Info gfor us Larry what channel and humps or in the area I have a map I got when I was up there last year. I'll have to dig it out and take a look at it. I fished to Tool area last time.

Larry G
12-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Cheryl.............across the channel from Harbor Light Marina, area 202 on the map. Ya might say that I am right down town GBC.

Don........Working on it. In April the weather is in question and a tad early for the spawn. We should do good though, especially down in the deep water area of Caney. Water is much clearer then it is up in my area. :roll:

choo choo man
12-21-2004, 08:27 PM
well,sylvia & i enjoyed the day there.BIG DAVE great job and well done,well everone done a great job.meet a couple new faces to put with the names.can hardly wait for the next one,well don't know what else to say right now.except that is was a very nice muster.

Thin Water Tracker
12-22-2004, 12:56 PM
That was one thing lake about the ake the water was great half of the jug sets I could see what was one themjust aboout down to the bottom hook. most of the time.