PDA

View Full Version : Lake Livingston Muster- March 12-13

choo choo man
12-28-2004, 08:09 PM
i want to host a muster at lake livingston in march or may.it would be at wolf creek.what does everone think on this,the only thing is i've got to make reservations in adavance for camp sites.so i'll leave to all the members think about.so let me have you thought on this.

BIGDAVE
12-29-2004, 07:05 PM
choo choo man count me in.

Thin Water Tracker
12-29-2004, 07:12 PM
If I'm able to make the date I'll be there.

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 08:35 AM
I will see what my schedule looks like, I will keep checking back for more updates on this muster.

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 08:56 AM
Is the camp site tent camping only or do they have cabins now.

algonzo
12-31-2004, 03:01 AM
Teamgonzo and I were thinking about heading out to Lake Livingston in March. May just wait to a set date on the muster, and head out then. So if the date is OK I'm pretty sure Teamgonzo and I could make it.

choo choo man
12-31-2004, 04:44 AM
ok,what does everone think about having it in march?if so give me some dates that everone can make it on,the park opens march 1st.
twt,they don't have any cabins,if you need a place i'll have my travel trailer and a tent with me.now everone interested give me your thoughts or ideals.

BIGDAVE
12-31-2004, 05:06 AM
The 12th & 13th work best for me. Second choice would be the following weekend.

Thin Water Tracker
12-31-2004, 07:42 AM
I'll have to see what it look like when it get closer. I'm on long change the weekend of the 12th.

Gentleben
12-31-2004, 08:03 AM
Holy Jesus, Son of God ,man that's is my short, long change would work 4 me ifin the warden don't put her foot down :lol: :lol:

Gentleben
12-31-2004, 08:10 AM
Listen to me ,Choo choo and Sylvia, Mrs choo Choo have helped with the last two Catfish Shows and Rodeos held on Lake Houston, with Mr Bigdave tayler as MOS and have been jam up butter my cup. They feel like they are ready to wander off on their own and host one so let's see what hey gonna do.While mrs choo chooo works the kitchen mr choo cho does some steam train whislte immitations of the great 4-8-4 that onces roamed the wild west praires. :shock:
His mustache curls up and he lets out the most powerful train whistle you never want to hear LMAO :lol:
To top it all of Mr Choo Choo Man can catch some fish , big ones come on out sign up , we gonna try ta be there .
I'll bring the appetite ands some beef hearts :oops:

Thin Water Tracker
12-31-2004, 09:07 AM
What type of shift you work Ben 4 on and 4 off?

dwaynez
12-31-2004, 09:54 AM
As soon as an official date is selected I will be able to confirm whether or not I will be able to make it for the muster.

choo choo man
01-01-2005, 06:27 PM
ok,everone looks like it's on for the 12 & 13,let me know who's coming so i can get the camp sites.they will have water & elec,the showers & restrooms are right there close.there's a 10 person limit on the camp sites
i'll post the prices soon as i get them or you can go to the web site and look at the park,the sites i'll try to get start at #34 i think.they are by the water.if anyone has any questions just ask and i'll try to answer them.

dwaynez
01-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Cool

Will see if I can make it down for the muster, I will know later this week for sure and then I will confirm with you.

BIGDAVE
01-02-2005, 06:04 AM
Recreation Park Fees, Rules & Map

Fun & Recreation / Wolf Creek Park / Park Fees, Rules & Map / Presentation

Wolf Creek Park
Season

Wolf Creek Park comes to life each March 1. The park closes for the winter November 30.

Reservations

Whether it's for a week or a weekend, Wolf Creek Park campsites can be reserved in advance of your visit. Reservation or campsite information may be obtained by visiting the Wolf Creek Park Office or calling (936) 653-4312, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Written inquiries can be sent to Wolf Creek Park, P.O. Box 309, Coldspring, TX 77331. Reservations will be for a minimum of two nights for weekends and 3 nights for holiday weekends with no reservations accepted for overflow sites. RESERVATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR A MAXIMUM OF 60 DAYS IN ADVANCE. Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance and deposit received within one week of the time the reservation is made. NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE ON DEPOSITS however if reservations are cancelled at least 72 hours prior to occupancy date, deposit may be transferred for use in the current camping season. Deposits required are shown below. Balance of fees will be payable upon arrival.
NO MORE THAN 10 PEOPLE MAY SHARE A CAMPSITE. GROUPS LARGER THAN 10 PEOPLE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE AN ADDITIONAL CAMPSITE.

Wolf Creek Park Fees

Day Use fees: Valid until dark on the day issued
Vehicle $4.00
Per person $2.00
Camping fees: Deposit
Per person (nightly) $1.00
Extra Vehicle (nightly) $4.00
Trailer Site (nightly) $17.00* $26.00
Tent Site with electricity (RV surcharge $2.00) $14.00* $20.00
Tent Site with water only $10.00* $12.00
Overflow $9.00*
*Plus per person charges. Includes one vehicle

Annual Pass $75.00
If purchased after July 1(half season)
$50.00

Park rules

For your safety and enjoyment of the park, please observe the following rules.

Permit stickers must be placed on windshield above inspection sticker for proper identification and re-entrance into park.

No individual under the age of 18 years may obtain a camping permit unless accompanied by an adult.

No display or public consumption of alcoholic beverages.

Littering is prohibited.

Camping is permitted only in designated areas.

Persons defacing Trinity River Authority property or facilities may be prosecuted or required to leave park without refund.

Disorderly conduct will not be tolerated in the park; violators may be prosecuted or required to leave the park without refund.

20 MPH speed limit in the park for all motorized vehicles.

Use of skateboards, roller skates and/or roller blades are prohibited in the park. Prudent judgement, adult supervision and proper safety equipment should be used when riding bicycles in the park.

Use of all terrain vehicles and dirt bikes is prohibited in the park. Motorcycles are not permitted in the park unless street legal and used only on paved roads.

PETS MUST BE KEPT ON A LEASH AND UNDER CONTROL OF OWNER AT ALL TIMES. VISITORS WITH PETS THAT PRESENT A THREAT OR DISTURB OTHER VISITORS WILL BE ASKED TO REMOVE THEIR PETS FORM THE PARK. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN SWIMMING AREA, PICNIC OR PLAYGROUND AREAS.

No firearms of any type, including B.B. guns, air rifles, paint ball guns, etc., exploding fireworks or bows are permitted in the park.

Absolute quiet after 10:00 p.m. Playing of radios, recorded music and musical instruments will not be permitted after 10:00 p.m. This also applies to generators, power plants, etc.

Camping units with sinks, lavatories or toilet facilities will not be permitted to dispose of water except in specified disposal sites constructed for this purpose.

No glass containers allowed in swimming area or playground.

No dumping of oil, gas or batteries.

No unnecessary usage of water.

Fun-filled days

Fishing, boating, skiing, swimming, hiking. Wolf Creek Park is the perfect site for enjoying everything beautiful Lake Livingston has to offer.

A fisherman's delight, Lake Livingston offers 83,000 surface acres of water surrounded by 2 million acres of outdoor fun.

So join in the sport of your choice, and then come home to Wolf Creek Park.

and quiet nights

Nestled in the towering pines and gentle hills of East Texas, Wolf Creek Park is a quiet spot for a get-away. The park is a perfect place for uncrowded, family-style camping in a tranquil environment.

The park is staffed by a team of recreation professionals to ensure that visitors enjoy a pleasant stay in the great outdoors.

Something for everyone

Wolf Creek Park is the spot to visit for a wide range of recreation, including skiing, fishing, hiking and boating. To make your stay more enjoyable, the park brings many of the comforts of home to your campsite.

Plenty of campsites

Wolf Creek Park has 30 campsites with 50 amp service for RVs requiring full hook-ups. There are 54 tent sites with water and electricity and 19 tent sites with water only.

Directions

From Huntsville - Go East on 190 to Point Blank. Take a right on 156 and follow for approximately 4 miles. Take a left on Farm Road 224. Park is 3 miles on left.

From Houston – On Interstate 45 - Go North to Willis. Exit on Hwy 1097. Follow 1097 through Willis to dead end at Hwy 150. Turn right. Go approximately 17 miles to Coldspring. In Coldspring, turn left on Hwy 156. Go 1 mile to Hwy 224; turn right. Wolf Creek Park is 5 miles on the right.

From Houston – On Hwy 59 - Go North to Cleveland, exit on Hwy 2025; turn left. Go 18 miles to dead end at Hwy 150; turn right. Go 1.6 miles to Hwy 156; turn left. Go 1 mile to Hwy 224; turn right. Wolf Creek Park is 5 miles on right.

All the comforts of home

Visit the park's marina and grocery for everything from boat rentals to bait and provisions. Anglers especially enjoy the park's boat ramps, fishing piers and customer-designed fish cleaning station. Clean restrooms and hot showers are the rule at Wolf Creek Park.

Wolf Creek Park's volleyball court, basketball court and playground are popular with the children.

Nearby attractions

Golfers staying at Wolf Creek Park should definitely bring their clubs. The nearby 18-hole Cape Royale Golf Course is a real challenge. The park is only a short distance from Coldspring, population about 500. A community with an abundance of small town ambience, Coldspring offers real country cooking and authentic folk arts and crafts.

Click here to see presentation of Wolf Creek Park

Lake Livingston and Wolf Creek Park are owned and operated by the Trinity River Authority of Texas. The Authority is a governmental agency of the state of Texas providing water-related services to communities throughout the Trinity River basin. TRA receives no direct tax revenues or revenue sharing and is compensated without profit for services rendered. Fees charged at Wolf Creek Park are used for operation and maintenance expenses.

@ Trinity River Authority 2003

Thin Water Tracker
01-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Grea Post Dave I think you covered it all.

choo choo man
01-02-2005, 06:26 PM
way to go BIGDAVE,thanks alot.the sites i like are 33 thur 36,there by the water, restrooms and bath house.i think 35 & 36 have alot of room.

dwaynez
01-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Nice Post BIGDAVE

dwaynez
01-03-2005, 04:23 PM
I should know for sure in the next few days whether or not I will be able to make it for the muster. I will put a request in tomorrow and I will know in a few days whether or not I can make it.

Maulwalker
01-06-2005, 05:54 PM
i think i'll be able to make it

algonzo
01-07-2005, 03:24 PM
I'll do some serious brown nosing from here til then, and see if I can make it. My newborn will be delivered on Jan. 23rd, so he'll only be a month and a half old by that time. So I'm not too sure how the boss will feel about me leaving for the weekend. I'll see what I can do to butter her up in the meantime.

dwaynez
01-07-2005, 03:33 PM
LoL

Do lots of things around the house leading up to the event and then you should have earned enough points to getaway for the weekend.

Good Luck!!

choo choo man
01-07-2005, 07:04 PM
well i made reservations today for 3/10 to 3/12 on camp site #33,when i talked to patty at the office today she said that they poured slabs and put 50amp breakers on the water & elec sites.if anyone is interested sites #32,31,41,42,& 43 are open right now.all these sites are by the restrooms and shower house.hope some can make it up there,with a 50 fish limit per person a day on channels & blues,you cann't beat that.so come on up.any questions you call call me at 281.435.9897.

Nine Lives
01-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the update on pouring new slabs.

Nine Lives
01-08-2005, 01:15 AM
I'll do some serious brown nosing from here til then, and see if I can make it. My newborn will be delivered on Jan. 23rd, so he'll only be a month and a half old by that time. So I'm not too sure how the boss will feel about me leaving for the weekend. I'll see what I can do to butter her up in the meantime.

I just noticed your new sig.

The rest is on video.

choo choo man
01-08-2005, 07:23 AM
hey nine,thanks for doing to map of the camp area.i was trying to figure out how to do that.i'm going to try to go next weekend,to take a look at the park and see whats all new.

Nine Lives
01-08-2005, 09:06 AM

Wolf Creek Park
Season

Wolf Creek Park comes to life each March 1. The park closes for the winter November 30.

Choo Choo,

You might end up having to view the park from the water.
I'd suggest you call ahead.

choo choo man
01-08-2005, 06:42 PM
nope not from water,from land, nine.already made reservations.just waiting on the day to come.

JonW
01-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Gotta work on the 12th. Maybe I can get it covered.

dwaynez
01-27-2005, 08:54 AM
I may be able to make it down, but it is still undecided as of yet.

choo choo man
01-28-2005, 04:56 AM
well,hope you can make it dwaynez.it's still alittle ways off yet.i'm just hoping the weather is going to be good.

BIGDAVE
01-28-2005, 07:24 AM
Ok, choo choo man I got site 32 reserved. Are we going to have room for the big white tent?

dwaynez
01-28-2005, 09:35 AM
I will do what I can to make it down, I should know what my schedule is like pretty soon so I can make plans.

choo choo man
01-28-2005, 08:31 PM
well,glad your going to make it BIGDAVE.yup,we will have all the room we need and some.if you have any questions just call or pm me

dwaynez
01-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Looks like I will not be able to make it down for this one, But I hope everyone has a blast. Catch lots of fish.

cherylrw
01-29-2005, 11:06 PM

Wolf Creek Park
Season

Choo Choo,

I'd suggest you call ahead.

WELL NINE WHERE I WENT TO SCHOOL THE 1ST OF MARCH COMES BEFORE THE 12TH LOL

dwaynez
01-29-2005, 11:08 PM
lol

Gentleben
02-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Twt I work 3,2,2,3 shift, I am scheduled off every other weekend , except fer OT and never supposed to work over three days in a row but it never happens that way.
Sorr y i jus tnow saw this post

Gentleben
02-07-2005, 12:06 AM
Do it Jonw!!

JonW
02-07-2005, 06:22 AM
Are you going for sure?

Gentleben
02-07-2005, 06:46 AM
Where ??

dwaynez
02-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Hope you all have a great time at the muster, sorry I won't be in attendance for this one, but I wish you all the best and hope everyone catches a lot of fish.

Nine Lives
02-09-2005, 10:17 PM

Wolf Creek Park
Season

Choo Choo,

WELL NINE WHERE I WENT TO SCHOOL THE 1ST OF MARCH COMES BEFORE THE 12TH LOL

Thanks Cheryl. You're right, I should've clarified my post. I was referring to Choo Choo's post on Jan. 8, when he mentioned he was going to try to go next weekend to take a look at the park.

WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN JANUARY 15. AND WHERE I WENT TO SCHOOL, JANUARY COMES WELL BEFORE MARCH. LOL

Sorry for the confusion. Just thought that one post right after another would have been straight forward enough. :P

dwaynez
02-10-2005, 11:15 AM
LOL

Good to see everyone helping out with education lessons.

Oh well as long as everyone shows up on the right date to catch some fish that is all that matters.

choo choo man
02-21-2005, 05:40 AM
well i'm getting ready for livingston now, i made 17 more jugs i think i got 34 now.cleaning up the boat and fixing a couple things on it,then i'll wash and fix a couple things on the travel trailer and by the time gets here i hope i'll be ready.been working 6 days a week 7:30pm to 8 or 9 in the morning so i haven't had time to do nothing but work,sleep and eat.but anyway i'm still around.

saundecw
02-21-2005, 06:07 AM
You wouldn't happen to know the weight of the lead in the regular jugs? I picked up a case of the 3" white foam last week and need to make a mold so I can use some the lead I've collected over the years.

dwaynez
02-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Good Luck at Livingston to all of you, I wish I could make it down, but other engagements are gonna keep me away,.

choo choo man
02-21-2005, 12:43 PM
i use about 5 inches of 1/2 rebar,i have some on hand so thats what i use.

BIGDAVE
02-21-2005, 06:21 PM
I use 1/2"rebar also!

JonW
02-21-2005, 08:30 PM
OK, looks like we're in. Do we need to call and try to reserve a site for a tent or is that already covered?

choo choo man
02-22-2005, 12:43 PM
jonw,if your going to make it you need to make reservations if they are full let me know and i'll see what i can do,i'll figure something out.

Gentleben
02-23-2005, 09:00 AM
No campsite for me!!

Gentleben
02-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Saundecw; the 1/2" rebar 4-5" long weighs approximately 4-5 oz ,not that critical, the 3/8" rebar 5-6" long weighs about 2-3 oz , both will work on the standard jugs . 9" foam 19" pvc.
I am using hot water pipe on my white jugs with the small diam. foam and use the 3/8" rebar because the 1/2" does not fit.

saundecw
02-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks GB. I have a lot old lead sinkers and plumbing lead that I want to melt down and use for weights. I have a lot of rebar but I better use it on a new driveway I've been putting off or I won't be fishing much.

Gentleben
02-23-2005, 10:30 AM
You and me both I need to redo my driveway but it is at the bottom of my "I need to do list". you plan on doing it yourself or u gonna contract it out??
You got some molds, I am looking to beg, borrow or steel a small egg sinker mold .

saundecw
02-23-2005, 11:17 AM
I hope to do the driveway myself. Getting the permit will probably be the decicding factor on that.
I will have to check with my Dad on the molds, he made up the last batch of 1 oz. egg sinkers. We had molds for the 1/2 and 1 oz. egg sinkers at one time.

CajunDan
02-23-2005, 03:44 PM
I started using 3/4" pvc cause I got some ballbearings that our mechanics get from out of the scrubber fans here at work. They collect a few for me and I go get'em when I need'em.

2 ball bearings in the pvc and viola it works the same as rebar, plus its free.

dwaynez
02-23-2005, 04:08 PM
I need to check with my uncle he runs the machinest shop at Texas A&M maybe he has some scrap stuff I can use for weight.

Gentleben
02-26-2005, 04:04 PM
I picked up a case of the 3" white foam last week and need to make a mold so I can use some the lead I've collected over the years.

A CASE OF 3 " FOAM!!! :shock: :lol:
jeepers ,creeper them fish won't be safe around you!!!

Thin Water Tracker
02-26-2005, 09:09 PM
I use two 3/4oz egg sinkers They slide right in the 3/4 inch PVC. I have a few made with old bolts I dug up out of the lay down yard at work. The next thing I going to try is I have some 3/8 inch Copper pipe couplings I'm going to fill with lead. they are just about as long at the two egg sinkers plus when I drill the hole in the cap for the ***** I'll have the cap setting on one a drill a pilot hole and then come back and drill a bigger hole that when the weight slides down over the ***** and there will be no need for the foam plug in the cap. the area in side the coupling is just a little bigger than the area of the egg weights so they should weigh just a little more. It sound like a lot to go though to build jugs but when I can't go fishing all I do is think about it and prep for it.

Gentleben
02-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Right here Mike get on board!! Went by "Turkey Creek" today the bass said tell you "hi"

dwaynez
02-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Bass?

I just got a ton of marked down bass gear, a nice new spidercast reel and lots of soft plastic baits for a dirt cheap price. May have to send some your way Ben now that you are gonna start catching some Bass as well as the Catfish

basscatcher4
03-01-2005, 02:55 AM
cant say for sure, but if nothing else goes wrong i`ll be there... no guarantees yet

dwaynez
03-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Basscatcher

Youwill have a blast meeting up with everyone, I am not going to make this one but I will be at Cedar Creek in April

mikechell
03-08-2005, 07:45 PM
[B]I am looking forward to being there, however. Since all my camping stuff is back in Orlando, I am hoping someone can brign an extra sleeping bag, and put me up for the weekend. I am thinking of leaving here Friday afternoon, soon as my class finishes. Will anyone be there who can accomodate me that soon? You can E-mail me directly at [email protected] if need be. Also, is there anything I should bring with me? Food? Drink? Let me know.

Mike

Gentleben
03-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Dewaybnz , I hi tthe lotto at wall ywordl two days in a row, i ytwas marked cklaerance and then the little feller comes up and starts marking stuff down some more, 50% of clearance price!!! , i bought 1" bearings for $ 2.75, drain plugs a 25 cents ,(2) 1100 gph automatic bilge pumps at $15.00 a piece , I'll have a double pumper on that sub so it won't sink again, hahahahha, boat bumpers at the great big ones $4.50 and the little ones $2.00, I bought a 40 lb thrust minikota troller for $75.00 did you hera me Dwaynez $75.oo!!! , dang i spent $151.00 sat morning went back sunday morning and spend another $20.00. it was a riot i was like a kid in a candy store, the warden has relieved me of my debit card , but i got a throwdown one hehheheeheh.

Anyone want to learn some good fishing technigues from the master himself, Mike Chell, all the way from Orlando Florida what a gas and what a guy he knows how to catch those bass and is willing to trade out info . said he 'll learn how to love jugging hehehhehe.

I took him to my private little basspond and he skunked me again!!! heck even the mosquitos liked him better than me bwahahahhahaha
had a good time mike that perch did me in though wore me out!!

Gentleben
03-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Mike Chell ,snuggle up close to BigDave he has got the tashmahall on tenting and all the trimmings , one word of caution if you get in the white ghost (his bass boat)ya better hold on that boat will haul a***,

Heard T-bone gonna help out with the hosting, that is great his first muster and already he is hosting, one of us alraedy , thanks Bob you are Fishingtx quality poeple and the reason gFishingtx is growing like it is with gooooooooooood morale people ,
Ya all tear them up i am sorry i am not gonna be there gotta be some where else!!

dpiper
03-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Mike if needed I can bring ya a small pup tent. Let me know.

mikechell
03-08-2005, 09:01 PM
First, thanks for all the responses, and the offers, you people really are a great bunch of people. Don, you can bring the tent, if I need it it'll be there. Ben, since you caught the bluegill, I didn't officially skunk you. But I will agree about the mosquitos ... Must be the Florida blood, they loved me.
Ben's right about the fishing, although I am not sure I qualify as a "master", I am willing to share what knowledge I have.

See you all there. Ben, I'll try to catch the ones you would have if you'd have been able to be there.

Mike

dwaynez
03-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Ben

Congrats on the find, that is how I got my trolling motor year before last a 45lb trust MotorGuide for $60, could not believe it so I had to snatch it up. It was the same for me all the soft plastics were marked down and as I loaded up on them the guy changed the price to half of what I just grabbed, so I doubled up and walked out with tons of soft plastics and tubes for my bass fishing.

dwaynez
03-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Ben

I need to hook up with you and mike and see how well I would do against you guys for those bass. I fish for bass pretty often and have some techniques that will stir them up even when they don't feel like biting.

A little tip for you, if the bite is slow or they seem to be missing the bait get a 4" ringtail worm with a 1/0 hook and a 1/32 oz weight or no weight at all and go from there, pumpkinseed or purple with a white tail or even a red and black will drive them crazy. The bait is also small enough to trigger strikes from large perch.

dwaynez
03-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Good luck at the Muster all, wish I could make it down but I won't be able to. I look forward to meeting you all at the next meeting.

Gentleben
03-09-2005, 04:05 PM
You stole that dewaynez, goood deals don't come often you better load up!!

dwaynez
03-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I always do when the deals come up like that, I plan for it each year and keep an eye on the prices like hawk, can't act too fact, but you can't wait too long either or you miss out.

Gentleben
03-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Dewaynewz you don't even want to go there , Mike will smoke you like a step child , best i seen yet but then I ain't fished with you so maybe we'll hook up I will be there in sept for fire school but i ain't the " Bass Guru" My ole buddy miek is. I ain't caugh tthe first oen yet.

Gentleben
03-11-2005, 07:48 AM
You Muster guys need anything just call me i'll be here for you , working on some things this weekend sorry can't make it!!

algonzo
03-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Well it's oficial... Teamgonzo and I won't make it. Our uncle just passed away from cancer about an hour ago, so we'll be busy all weekend.

Good luck and good fishin'....

Thin Water Tracker
03-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear that Algonzo.

Thin Water Tracker
03-11-2005, 10:15 AM
I wished I could make it guy but I started the treatment I have been waiting to start on Wed. and I have to say it's going to be a long 48 week. I hope to have a handle on it and make the CC. Trip If I can work a deal and stay at my buddys place in Tool I'll be trailering over on Sunday morning and will bring some cat that I pick up on that end of the lake. Keeping my fingers crossed.

algonzo
03-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks TWT. I'm just glad he's not suffering anymore... and I know he's in a better place.

A few days before he passed away his daughter heard him talking in his sleep when at the hospital. He was asking somebody if they know who's son he was and where he could find his parents. A couple of days later he passes away (today). We can't explain what he saw in his dream that night.... but it seems like he saw the light at the end of the tunnel, but managed to hang on for dear life. My brothers and I hadn't seen him in a few months, until yesterday morning. Suddenly 24 hours later he passes away. Almost as if it was closure to him.

That dream was a good sign for us knowing that he's finally joining his beloved parents in the sweet heavens. The guy was a natural born camedian, you couldn't talk to him for more that five minutes without rolling around on the floor laughing your **** off. He was laying in his hospital bed a few months ago still telling jokes even when he could barely talk.

His mission in life was to make people laugh and smile.... and that's what we'll remember him by.

mikechell
03-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Teamgonzo and algonzo ... sorry to hear of your loss. I know what it's like, and it's easy to say "Glad they aren't suffering." Take care ond remember the good times.

It's 2:43pm, Friday. I will be heading towards Livingston in a few minutes. Gotta stop by a Sports Academy, and I might make a few cast at any creek I pass, so I don't know what time I'll actually get there. See some of you soon.

Mike

Gentleben
03-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss guys was he the one that came to the muster??

Gentleben
03-12-2005, 08:30 PM
TWT good luck on your treatment we'll ask the padre to pray fer u!!

algonzo
03-13-2005, 08:55 AM
GB...

No.. it was different uncle. Thanks for all the condolenses guys.

dwaynez
03-14-2005, 08:25 AM
Algonzo, TeamGonzo

Sorry for your loss, I have gone through the same thing a few times over the last year. It is never easy to lose someone close to you, but the thought of them being at peace provides some comfort. Prayers are being said for you and your family.

dwaynez
03-14-2005, 08:25 AM
TWT

Take care of yourself and I will say a prayer for a speedy recovery

dwaynez
03-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Ben

A challenge is what that sounds like, we will have to get together very soon for some bass fishing. I usually show up most people I fish with, but fishing with another angler or anglers who have some skill is always fun.

I am sure we can all exchange a few ideas that will make us better anglers, and who knows I may get whooped up on, but I doubt it :D

dwaynez
03-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Ben

the lake by my house is a sure thing, no matter what you will catch something, I will give you a few of my special lures that will put fish on the end of your line no matter what.

It a great spot to use texas rigged soft plastics and weedless rigged tubes or spinnerbaits during the afternoon bite, first thing in the morning or late in the evening top water baits are the way to go for some big hits.

By the rocks on the bacside of the lake in the deeper water a crankbait or jerk bait will get the fish to bite as well.