Thin Water Tracker
12-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Luke step away from the dark side.

dwaynez
12-29-2004, 02:38 PM
LOL

Warden
12-29-2004, 03:07 PM
You guys are too far out there. I'm going to a fishin topic.

Thin Water Tracker
12-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Were are they at ?

dwaynez
12-29-2004, 03:55 PM
LOL

Thin Water Tracker
12-29-2004, 07:09 PM
I figured I was missing something. I throught I could see something due to the darkness.

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 07:56 AM
I know what you mean

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 08:21 AM
It's not to bad here at all but o some board I have to break out the Q-Beam.

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 08:28 AM
I stopped posting on a few other boards because it was not even about fishing or the outdoors but politics or legal mattters, instead of posting in the off topic or other sections they would post all of the junk in the fishing sections and it ruined the board. I was not having fun on it so I moved on and now I am on a great forum with lots of great people.

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 08:58 AM
I've seen a few go down the tubes because of that.

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 08:59 AM
It's a shame too, the boards are meant to be fun and informative but some just turn into soap opera's that are in need of cancellation.

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 09:03 AM
In in a few myself.

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 09:15 AM
I have tried to leave those boards alone, I enjoy talking about fishing and the outdoors, but I don't want to talk politics 24/7 I want to be able to share fishing stories and tips to help other people out and pick up a few tips for myself that I can pass along later.

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Myself I don't like politics or the church thing. We all have our views and a long time ago I grandpa told me it's a waste of time try to change someone views to your because then it not their view then. and i always try to follow that. JAG was a **** of a fisherman and had a mind sharp as a tack till the day he left this world. I thank him ever time I hit the water for putting me on fishing.

Larry G
12-30-2004, 09:22 AM
There ya go.........that's best!!!!!!!!

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Agreed

Fishing is the one thing that my dad and I have in common and enjoy to this day. When I was a going through my teenage years my dad and I did not always see eye to eye, but the once place we could talk about anything without an argument was on the river going for catfish or texas rigging some worms for largemouth bass.

We developed a strong bond through fishing and it is still as strong today as it was the first time we fished together. When I am going to go fishing the first person I usually call is my dad, sometimes he is too tired from work or just wants to relax and grill something on the weekend, others we will hit the water all day and have some good fillets for dinner.

Larry G
12-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Dwayne, we have something in common. I didn't talk to my dad for 25 years. What got us back together again was a fishing week on CC 4 or 5 years back. Unfortunately, his time is near. :cry:

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 10:00 AM
The man spent the last 20 years of his life on south PINS beachcombing and surf fishing I just hope I can get close to that.

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 10:01 AM
Sorry to hear that, it is never easy to think about losing someone but the memories of the times spent together are what we all strive for, Fishing has mended many a relationship over the years. When my dad wanted to have " The Talk" about what adults do and what precautions to take we did that while fishing on the river.

It allows us all to drop our guard and really communicate with one another without worrying about what someone else might say.

I am glad that you and your father have mended your relationship and are able to speak and spend time together.

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 10:10 AM
sorry to say I didn't get to spend that much time with my old man. Wish I did btu lost him three years after the stopped working and most of those he spent on the road with mom doing thing that had wanted to do for years. at least he got to do what he wanted to.

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 10:13 AM
I guess I am lucky because when my wife and I bought our first place this year we moved back to the same area i grew up in my parents and and my grandmother are the next street over so I get to see them everyday.

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 10:19 AM
That great I still live in the same town I grew up in. It's wild when I stop and take a close look at what has changed. Miles of open felds and shoreline have long gone. If fact the area I live in now was a big farm hwne I was a kid there nother left of it now. Shame thing have to change. But with out it a town dies.

Larry G
12-30-2004, 10:21 AM
My family is in Tucson. Dad just had another major operation and is expected to be ok, for now. Maybe, just maybe he can do some jugg'n with me.

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 10:22 AM
The place that I live on right now was a cattle pasture when I was growing up now all that land has been sold and is being turned into rural sub divisions, there are 5 new mobile homes going in this month and foundations are being set for brick homes as well.

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 11:33 AM
I hope so Larry I'll be think about you and your dad.

La port is about 20 mile south east of houston I can remmeber leave La Pote and there only being a few spots were there was some of size in those 20 mile now ther isn't a open spot all the way. It's nice having thing tou need close but something I would like to have the open areas back.

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Me too, I remember fishing in stock ponds and cattle ponds on land when I was younger, now the land is owned by development companies and the only way to fish is to buy land.

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 01:30 PM
I hear that being on the bay like I am there is so little fresh water places to fish. And about one of the ten I had as abay I can still fish in. other wise it an hour drive to lake Houston. or two to conroe.

dwaynez
12-30-2004, 01:57 PM
I am lucky there is a 45 acre private lake that I have access to, it was built back in the 60's my grandparents and parents had some of the first lots they ever sold and when my dad was stationed up in Kansas while in the army the bought the place and put a mobile home on it, and that is where they live to this day.

The lake is full of good fish, the bass are not huge but there are some big cats in there. The post I made about the 97lb flat being taken on a jug happened at that lake.

Thin Water Tracker
12-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Sound liek a good place to give those fly rod a work out.