PDA

View Full Version : trout are stocked !!!!!!!!!!!!

waterspout
01-06-2005, 09:03 AM
at Eye's-n-hower Park. If yall want to have alittle fun from the bank. Easy to clean also for those that don't know how just hold the things with there heads facing away from you( I put them on the grond and hold there tail with my fingernail) and blast them with a water hose and all the scales fly off. Whack the head off and gut , throw him in a pan.

dwaynez
01-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the information waterspout.

waterspout
01-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Bling Bling! Your slacking dwaynez! That took you 4 minutes. ROTFLOL! :mrgreen:

dwaynez
01-06-2005, 09:37 AM
LOL

Some days are better than others

algonzo
01-06-2005, 10:07 AM
What's a good place to lauch my 14' Jon and get on some of them stocked Trout? I've never fished for trout before, but sure would love to.

waterspout
01-06-2005, 10:37 AM
You better not put a boat in that pond if you want to keep it! Nothing allowed in eye's-n-hower, not even wading.
here are the stockings.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/reports/trout_stocking.phtml
I thought I put them on a while ago but I don't see them.This should give you maps too.

dwaynez
01-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Good post waterspout,

i will check out the college station tank in Feb and catch a few trout, they are pretty good when grilled on the pit with some lemon and butter.

algonzo
01-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Dwaynez,

Teamgonzo and I are going to have to head down to College Station in the next couple of months and join you in a trout adventure. Any boating there allowed?

dwaynez
01-06-2005, 10:52 AM
No

it is a city park, everyone either sits on the ground, stands, or brings a lawn chair. It is not a big pond but they stock quite a few trout in there and they are pretty easy to catch. A can of corn or some sweet peas and you are all set.

If you wanna fish here some time we can set something up, we could fish the lake by my house for some good bass and crappie fishing. It is 45 acres and there is hardly any fishing pressure due to the fact it is private. You may not catch a monster bass, but you will catch a lot of fish on most trips out.

There is deep water on the back side of the lake around 30ft or so and that is where the big Flatheads have been caught on jug lines. The biggest was 97lbs a while back and several in the 80lb range.

Also in the deep water there are lots of carp that have gone over 30-40lb range and in the summer time when the water is low the big gar will come out, biggest I have caught there was 35lbs but much bigger fish have been caught over the years.

dwaynez
01-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Here is a link to the city park website as well as a picture of the large pond at the park.

http://www.cstx.gov/home/index.asp?page=1226

algonzo
01-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Wow, I was envisioning something much bigger than that little pond. Looks like it would be fun for the kids. I think I'm going to take my wife and son there in the next couple weeks.

dwaynez
01-06-2005, 11:32 AM
There is another pond there as well that is smaller than that with perch, bass, and catfish as well. Lots of ducks and birds to see there as well. It is a nice place to take the family, the fishing is not great but at least it's a place to wet a line if you can't get to your regular spot.