PDA

View Full Version : wade fishing

hobo247
07-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Has anyone been fishing the San Luis Pass or Surfside beach front the last few days? I'm looking for a water condition report before making the long drive. Green to the beach would be nice, but that only happens during the week when i'm working.

Scotta
07-11-2009, 02:59 PM
My buddy went there thursday and did ok on sharks. He said the water was so so. The thing about a report in that area. I could tell you its green now and by the time you get there it would be chocolate. I would say head down. You can always find some fishable water. If the coast is brown, the flat off the ship channel is usually good on the way to Sea Wolf park. Just take some repellent to get through the woods. Once in the water, they wont bother you.

vett0111
07-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Did he catch the sharks wading?

Scotta
07-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Nah, they used a yak to get there bait beyond the breakers and then high tailed it to shore before he got a hit. He is kind of faint at heart but loves to fish. He is a newbie. He just bought a boat. Actually, he ended up buying two. A regal and a malibu. I am trying to convincde him to sell the regal. Why he never owned a boat and bought 2 in less than two weeks is beyond me. I got him hooked up with a catfish hole I knew of in Lake Paula and he is excited about freshwater now. We were suppose to go to lake conroe to fish today but somehow he got 5 girls and himself out and our fishing trip got kicked to the curb. Such is life!

GILBERT G
07-11-2009, 09:42 PM
my buddy just called he said they killed the specks at the sunken ship near sea wolf park.

Scotta
07-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Thats old concrete ship is great. you can wade to it by taking the dirt roads on the left on the way to sea wolf park. I worked at a rehab for 2 years in la marque and didnt have to do anything till 5pm. I know every wade fishing hole in galveston.

vett0111
07-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Thats old concrete ship is great. you can wade to it by taking the dirt roads on the left on the way to sea wolf park. I worked at a rehab for 2 years in la marque and didnt have to do anything till 5pm. I know every wade fishing hole in galveston.

:question:Hey scott maybe you can head up a wade fishing trip for fishingtx members. Like we do for white bass on livingston.

Scotta
07-12-2009, 12:26 AM
That is a good idea. Lets see what we can do. I will have to get my salt hat out and dust it off. It's been a while.

vett0111
07-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Sounds like a plan. I miss the salt as well. Been a while for me. I so rusty at it but it will come back quick. When we it the water:applause:

fishin'lunatic
07-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Shoot fire, I'm in. Gonna be getting the Jugger situated in Sam Houston on august the 22nd. Spent this past friday and saturday doing the parent orientation thing. Got a letter also letting him know that he received another scholarship worth 10k, woo-hoo. The nest will be empty, no more show animals either. Would love to hook up with some of my brother's bunch.

Bass Fishin Tejanos
07-12-2009, 05:29 PM
sounds like a plan in the making

vett0111
07-12-2009, 11:52 PM
BFT you think you will join us?

rholstein3922
07-13-2009, 09:22 AM
let me know when your going i would like to join you guys

Scotta
07-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Let me look at my schedule. I didnt add saltwater to this years licence can I just add it or do I have to get a whole new licence. I dont mind but the yearly re-up is right around the corner. I guerss I could get a year to date. We might be able to set something up for this weekend. I do miss specks hitting a top dog!!!!! I would love to go this weekend. I live up on 1960 in champions forest area, if anyone would like to ride with me, you are more than welcome. I have to warn you.......Oh, you'll find out. lol

vett0111
07-14-2009, 12:18 AM
What day this weekend?

You can add the saltwater to your license. If I were you I would re-up year to date with the saltwater added to it. You buy the saltwater stamp added to your license now you will have to buy it again when you re-up.

thadominator5
07-14-2009, 01:58 AM
i was just down at the san luis pass this weekend and the water seemed pretty green. i fished the surf side for a couple hours and didnt have anything to show for it so we high tailed it to the bay house to fish some lights, but unfortunately i dont think we knew what we were doing. lol oh well. i would love to go out with yall though, i could use some pointers for salt water fishin

Bass Fishin Tejanos
07-14-2009, 09:08 AM
i'll have to see what I have going for this weekend. But sure would like to join you guys.

clu35
07-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Fished this weekend croaker worked great but a golden crockidile spoon worked the best had a limit of specks and reds in 2 hours working the current in the pass flats. be careful there are a ton of rays in the water and the water is a nice rust bron to green try to fish the color change. Note all of the sand bars have been relocated by IKE you will run aground at some point juust watch the water and look for feeding birds. bait is everywhere in the water.

vett0111
07-15-2009, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the report