PDA

View Full Version : sabine lake

gator
07-22-2009, 06:03 PM
well this is where the crime took place anyway.................
yesterday while getting boat ready i noticed my knife wasn't really sharp so i sharpen it so we would be ready to go.
me and lazya finally got to go on our long awaited Sabine lake trip. (some days you need to stay in bed) okay awoke at 4 am while putting on a fresh pare of shorts found a $5 bill in pocket oooohhhhhhhooooooo (this sound has many meanings this time it was good)
Calvin called said he was running a bit late. (he did not know there was 2 different 3 o' clocks on his alarm?)
anyway we got loaded and headed for the state line. we drove around till we found the correct roads to get our bait on. Calvin can throw a beautiful net. brings tears its so art full. i found myself going oooohhhhoooooo it was just beautiful until it got hung. i pull and rip it then Calvin wades out and gets it. one time he slipped a little and i think i heard oooohhhhhoooo but not real sure. its cool we got plenty of bait, in fact we only need about 3 we had 50 or so mullet and ladyfish. we drove to the ramp and launched the boat okay off we go. made our first stop for 30 minutes Nada happening. picked up move farther up Louisiana coast for 2nd stop. picked up about 3 crabs while dragging mud minnows. well here comes a little rain cloud. i know i will put the canopy up.not really sure how it happen but i had just put a mud minnow out on a cork and turned and stepped down when i look down there was blood flowing everywhere from my leg. i had (had being a key word) knife in a little side compartment hanging down blade exposed. i say i cut about a 5" long or so by 1" deep gash into the side of my leg. i didn't even feel it right then but knew it was bad and i said ooooooohhhhhhhooooooo. Calvin turn around thinking i had caught a fish. (remember nothing had been caught yet) Calvin went into med rescue mode. i was holding my leg together and Calvin grabbed my bag and a towel wrapped my leg tie a rope for me to hold it together. he pulled the rods in and yes there was a big ladyfish on my rod.
question is do i get credit for the fish or him. raced back to ramp 10 minute boat ramp seemed like a hour loaded boat while i set there feeling stupid 30 mile drive to hospital. this is where my noise making skills really paid off. Calvin would hit a red light and i would lean out and holler ooooohhhhoooooo.you know most times you go in a hospital there like fill this form out and sit over there coming with blood pumping down your leg they get moving but down size when you get ready to leave you have to wait and wait. well Calvin got a medical training as he help them sew me up. I'm on a blood thinner so my blood don't really want to clot and this is what we both were afraid of losing to much blood. i got 3 stitches inside then 33 on the outside. there really cool blue. we are all ready trying to make a really cool tattoo out of it I'm thinking some kind of knife or fishing hook.
guys on a serious note on the way down me and Calvin were talking about how we don't fish alone because how dangerous it is. THANKS CALVIN FOR BEING THERE TO HELP ME OUT IN MY HOUR OF NEED.
we will be going back with no knives in my reach.

lazya8838
07-22-2009, 06:20 PM
it was bout 6 inches and was nearly 2 inches deep and it was liad open a good 2 inches wide all the way..we said dam, wheres the duct tape lol..its all funny now as most accidents are, but the big guy held it together till we got him some help..commin in we ran thru a few slicks, but he would not let me stop and hit them lmbo....ur right, no knives in the boat for you....lol

Bass Fishin Tejanos
07-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for sharing your story ang glad to hear you are o.k. Thats why like you said it's always better not to fish alone its always better to be acompanied by someone. For cases like this

dbldaddy
07-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Let's get a hand for lazya. He possibly saved gators life. Way to go lazya. Ur a hero

mikechell
07-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Wow! I am thinking to myself ... how the **** do you cut a life threatening gash in your leg without feeling it???
You need to see your doctor nad have him check for nerve damage or desease.
On the other hand, I suppose it's good you didn't feel it, that would've put a whole new twist on the story. You were holding it together, you didn't feel much pain but you didn't let Lazya hit a few spots on the way back to the ramp??? It's a wonder you have a friend to fish with, you being so selfish and all.

Seriously, glad to hear you got back and survived this. Nice story for the youngun's.

gator
07-22-2009, 07:38 PM
yeah ocourse were gonna change it to we were attacked by pirates or i caught the first fish and calvin threw a knife at me......or i caught a 10 foot no no 20 foot shark........

gator
07-22-2009, 08:31 PM
okay here's a picture now and what you guys think about this tattoo of a knife i kicking it around and look at this doc said i was a great patient so he give me these cool hook extraction tools

dbldaddy
07-22-2009, 08:38 PM
The scar should b the cutting edge that way it looks like a serated edge. Just my opinion

gator
07-22-2009, 08:49 PM
my wife cooks some pork loin she cut it up for me seriously she didn't want me with a knife

Layton
07-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey rember the other day when you was resting @ I-10 you showed me that sheath you bought for someone? I think you need to keep it for yourself. I'm glad you are ok

vett0111
07-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Glad your ok. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

mikechell
07-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Sheath??? I don't need no stickin' sheath !! This is how a real man carries his knife !!!

skeeter21
07-23-2009, 10:00 AM
GOOD ONE Mike......Glad you're OK Gator.

Layton
07-23-2009, 10:54 PM
i was thinking more along the lines of a railroad track for a tattoo.

vett0111
07-24-2009, 02:04 AM
To funny Mike. Good one

gator
07-24-2009, 08:34 PM
my oldest friend in the world David got eaten by a chain saw right after Ike here's his scar we decided were going with the story we walked into a midget biker bar..........

Bass Fishin Tejanos
07-24-2009, 11:39 PM
I like Mikechell's illustration for that tattoo if you ever really plan on getting one bud. davids

BassingtxLady
07-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Dad Gum Gator. You are need to figure out a better way to take care of yourself.

LOL, but a knive tatoo wouldn't look too bad.

gator
07-25-2009, 06:39 AM
well rod
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming. "WOW, What a Ride!"
and then you hear "hey that's a cool tattoo"
and i will reply " yeah me and my buddy David, walked into a midget biker bar and said................"

mikechell
07-25-2009, 07:09 AM
"Whose Tricycle is that outside?"