PDA

View Full Version : Gou Hole Rd.?????

yak07
09-28-2009, 06:25 PM
I was wondering if I could launch a 19 ft Bayliner at the Gou Hole Rd. boat ramp. I have no idea about the water depth around there or if there are markers out to the bay. I usually go to Thompsons but that is a good ride around by the spillway. Any help is greatly appreciated. :hammer:

GILBERT G
09-28-2009, 06:32 PM
good ? because I also put in at THOMPSONS and I have a BAYLINER too

yak07
09-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Those Bayliners draft some water for sure. My friend has a Majek and can run anywhere. His sure rides rough though. Friday morning I thought my liver would bounce loose. :surrender: We fought the waves all the way to Jacks Pocket.

GILBERT G
09-28-2009, 07:20 PM
MY AVETAR PIC IS AT ATKINS ISLAND
MY DAUGHTER PICTURED WITH ME HOOKED THAT RED
THERE THAT DAY WE HAD 8 REDS

jighed
09-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't think so at the old gou hole ramp. Cotton lake is pretty shallow.
Now, I have not launched at the Hugo Park ramp. It puts you right into the bayou, but it's not marked and I can't tell you how to get out. Going in and out of the marsh is tricky and takes trial and error/experience. Good luck and wish I could help you more but my last trip, I slept on the front deck of a boat in the marsh cause we couldnot find our way back in until daylight. Be careful.

GG1968
09-28-2009, 07:31 PM
They built a new park and boat ramp down there. I haven't been out of there but have heard that is a much easier launch than the old ramp. I have ran out of the old ramp numerous times and you better be on top of the water as soon as you leave the ramp. The channel was marked but it was still shallow. I think the channel is also marked leaving the new ramp. Once you get into cross bayou water depth is not an issue. Depending on where you are going you can access the bay from the end of cross bayou near the old Delhome place; I think it was called or from the end of Reds bayou. Hope this helps.

jighed
09-28-2009, 07:41 PM
GG is right, if you launch at gou hole on a high tide you need to be on plain when you enter the lake. And rub the markers going across the lake. Once you cross the lake your good, but the bayou is not marked out to the bay. Cotton Lake may/will be a mud flat on a northern, also the north bank of Trinity bay.
p.s....my info is 6-8 years old

GG1968
09-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Jighed is right if you don't know your way around out there it is very easy to get lost in that marsh. We always put in at Gou Hole when I was a kid. I went back out of there again many years later and took a wrong cut and got turned around, wound up having to push the boat out of the mud and finally found my way back to the boat ramp.

vett0111
09-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks for all the info.

GILBERT G
09-29-2009, 04:39 AM
thanks indeed

I will just launch from THOMPSONS I rather buy gas than a lower unit. THANKS GUY`S

yak07
09-29-2009, 09:14 AM
I agree Gilbert. I also would hate to get lost in the marsh.Those skeeters would carry you off. Thanks for the info too.

woods2257
09-29-2009, 01:48 PM
i put in at hugo and run stright out from the ramp it leads me to a canal that goes to reds bayou were the old saltwater barrior is at,then take a right and follow the bayou to the bay ,when you get to the end of reds go to the poles then go to the right to the spillway . when you put in at hugo and run straight out the water deph is about 1.5 ft on low tide , i have a 16 ft angler that i run with have not tried after a norther yet , hope this help.