PDA

View Full Version : trip to texas city

SKsCrappie
04-04-2010, 03:31 AM
made a trip down to boyds yesterday evening for some fresh shrimp to restock the freezer. i still can't get use to topping the hill of skyline dr & not seeing all the bait camps that were there. i seen that there are still a lot of bank fisherman that visit the area & fish the skyline dr shore. they were parked bumper to bumper all along skyline dr. the water looked terrific even though we've had 2000 mph winds, it had a trout green tint to it & there were several visable slicks that i saw. i took a few pics for y'all to see. i also made a 1st time trip to the fish spot its a bait camp on the back side of moses lake that i will be lauching from here pretty soon. i have got to get a salt water fix. the parking lot wasn't as crowded as i was expecting. i have heard they make a terriffic burger at the fish spot also. the place looked nice & clean also.

BassingtxLady
04-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the report and good pictures. Good luck on your trip to Moses Lake whenever you get to go.

GILBERT G
04-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Wow that water sure has an inviting look to it
very nice pic`s SK
it sure is nice to see a grass`y beach instead of the sandy beach
have a HAPPY EASTER SK

hobo247
04-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Great pics. Thanks for the update. I too need a saltwater fix!

Metalcutterr
04-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the pics.
Looks like I could have taken my 14ft jon boat out there.

vett0111
04-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks Killa. Pics are great.

Should of took a rod with you and put one of those shrimp you bought on the hook. Even a Croaker is fun to catch when you need a saltwater fix. LOL

Gentleben
04-04-2010, 11:14 PM
WOW killah roving cam reporter #2 !! Thanks for teh story!!!!!!!

Bass Fishin Tejanos
04-04-2010, 11:27 PM
It is weird to not see all the bait shop and other stuff that got lost when Ike came thru. but live goes on and thanks to God we are still here to enjoy what we have left. How much is the # of shrimp now a days?

Nice pix and good report by the way. Thanks for sharing

SKsCrappie
04-04-2010, 11:47 PM
It is weird to not see all the bait shop and other stuff that got lost when Ike came thru. but live goes on and thanks to God we are still here to enjoy what we have left. How much is the # of shrimp now a days?

Nice pix and good report by the way. Thanks for sharing

BFT I always get the 35lbs special, they are $3.69 per lb for the 16/18's. the main reason i go all the way down there is they are always fresh & if you have any problems Jason will do his best to fix it.

Bass Fishin Tejanos
04-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Good deal my dad used to good to a down there as well but since the hurricane its not there any more. I'll have to check out Boyds bait camp this coming weekend and and buy my dad the same deal you got. We haven't had home fried shrimp in a while.

Thanks bud.