PDA

View Full Version : OIL RIG accident !

basshog
04-28-2010, 09:32 AM
hey i know you guys have probably already disscussed this but ....

Do you guys think the Oil Rig Accident in the Gulf of Mexico will affect our Part of the Gulf? Alot or a Little? I just freaked out when i heard the News and thought .... MAN MY Fishing PARADISE IS GOING TO BE DESTROYED ! SUCK ! I haven't even Really STARTED Going to all the places i've been wanting to go (Galveston Bay , Matagorda Bay , PINS, Laguna M etc.)

:confused:

Lou The Fisherman
04-28-2010, 10:13 AM
They are trying everything in their powers to keep the oil spill away from the shores. Lets hope they continue to contain it out in the open waters!!

Scotta
04-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I spoke with someone from BP and those 11 were the ones on the rig when it blew, thwere were actually two explosions. The guy said that they knew those guys didnt survive the first day. I dont know whether to inturpret that is THEY KNEW or they didnt see how. A blowout occurs when the preasure of the hole exceeds the weight of the drilling fluid. The other rig 8 miles or so away reported smellng gas thirty minutes before the blowout. I imagine they were runnning the gas through the mud system instead orf the gas buster. You can do that on a land rig but you dont want that going through the mud system. When I reaD THEY WEREW PUTTING CASING IN

spinner
04-29-2010, 09:47 PM
It's a good ways away from us. Most of the wind from the coast comes from the south southwest. The current generally flows clockwise too.

So, IMHO we should be safe.