PDA

View Full Version : 3rd. Fairfield Gathering

Warden
05-22-2003, 10:23 PM
This is to announce the third in a long string of gatherings to take place at beautiful Lake Fairfield. This fandango is being presented by Bigarmed Brett and jjflash. We wish to invite anyone who is interested in catfishing on R&R, jugs, or trot line to make it down on May30-June1. We will be camping in Cooks Ferry, spots are $15 a night and include electric&water. This trip will be worth the drive, just to see what bigarmed will pull this time around. I guarantee these are not staged or premediated, but he will come up with some stunt, never before tried by a living human being. I could go into detail of past stunts and tricks, but a live perfromance by big arm is just a must see show. A free slice of bigarmed coffee to anyone who nods off. I feel certain we will have fried biskits, and other south of
Cornrow treats. Bring your tent, chillen, and fishing gear and come to a rememberable event, and meet some real live country folks. We may even have a surprise visit from Opie and deputy dawg. Ask at the front office for my camp site number its Kennedy, just like JFK.
let him roll
jk

Warden
05-22-2003, 11:21 PM
Aw heck, I done posted in another thread, but I am gonna be there. Will arrive Thur. 29 and stay most of the weekend. Outta be a blast. Looking forward to a wonderful time once again.
Big Al

Warden
05-25-2003, 10:30 PM
8) Step right up,Folks,Step right up!!! One drop of this potion on yer tounge and yer neva be tha same!! if yer old it'll make ya young! if ya lame it'll make ya sane!!lol love to see ya all!! Ill be drivin a white 90 model subarban, pulling a wore out Cajun bass boat{brown top tea stain bottom} yer bound to smell me!! Im approximatly 5'4 on tha slim side,have long black hair, and yeller teeth,lol bigarm

Warden
05-27-2003, 10:53 PM
World class pro, semi pro local catfishermen, and bone e feid actor(hooker) and the Bigarmed traveling wild west trick fishing show and elixir sales, who have comitted to being present at Farifield are:
Bigarmed&Reginia with little big arm-Peyton,
Ricky&Aundria Baker,
Big_Al
Snuffy Smith
Mr. Hooker
Gentleben&The Warden
Jugliner&daughter
joatflash
I expect the list to grow or decline as the big day grows near.
let him roll
jk

Warden
05-27-2003, 11:02 PM
I'll be driving a 95 red ford van , with some kind of vinyl garbage printed on it, plus my brand is on the front license plate

Hooker

Warden
05-27-2003, 11:03 PM
WOOPS------

95 Ford Van

Warden
05-28-2003, 10:43 AM
Thats OK Hooker, at your advanced age what is a 30 year mistake? LOL Used to pick on JK but couldnt resist this one, huh!!!

I will be in a white 99 Dodge quad cab with 14 ft. green flatbottom behind and will be arriving on Thur. about noon I hope.

Warden
05-28-2003, 10:48 AM
By the way, glad I am gonna finally get a chance to meet Ben, bout time and also Jugliner (if this is the same one from lovely Waco, its been a whlile comming.
See you all this weekend.
Al

Warden
05-28-2003, 11:53 AM
99 Dodge? Braggert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warden
05-28-2003, 12:12 PM
Are y'all going to be fishin all night friday night?
I'm still workin, probably won't be able to make this trip, maybe next one.

Gentleben
05-28-2003, 07:11 PM
Mudkitty kitty kitty , you know how we fish all night come high winds and high waters we fishin son!!! I got my 1250gph bilge pump hooked up on a level switch now on full auto!! No more bailing water with an ice chest!!

Warden
05-28-2003, 07:17 PM
muddcatt we will have lines out all night Friday night and be fishing some of it I'm sure. *****************Flash********************* I have had an email from Weldon Kirk and he plans to be present Friday, morning, Oh boy it will get western before long.
Muddcatt tell Wally you are sick and come on, ain't you ever hooked work before?
Ben I didn't start bailing until it was knee deep or there abouts.
Big_AL,Its the famous Branch Dividian Waco jugliner,I talked to him last night by IM, Hooker is an actor and judge but poor in math and memory both, what was I talking about.
Anyone missing this fandango with this cast of characters will be hard pressed to ever be in such company in one palce ever again. I wouldn't miss it for love or money bad as I need both of em.
let him roll
jk

Warden
05-28-2003, 07:54 PM
JK,
cant help you with the love, but, will gladly throw a quarter into a hat!!!!!!!!!!!

Warden
05-28-2003, 08:23 PM
we'll have fun!! hope everybody is safe, see ya there! bigarmbrett

Warden
05-28-2003, 09:24 PM
Sounds like this one is gonna be one of the best yet. Look out kitties, here we come!!!!!!!

Warden
05-29-2003, 07:55 AM
Packing up, See you all at Fairfield!!!

Warden
05-29-2003, 08:06 AM
the big days here and I'm very ready, ready to see my pals, friends, and catfishers from all over the state. Let the good times commence, a good time to be had by all, except those who don't come. See ya'll there and good fishing and a safe trip to everyone. someone remember to bring the boc paper, thats the toilet paper to anyone who doesn't know.
let him roll
jk

Warden
05-30-2003, 06:55 PM
Made it to Fairfield today, fished with Jackie all day, till 3 pm, he was running on "Want to"...He and Big al fished all night long and when I pulled up to the boat ramp they were coming in. Al Green was coming out of the truck he had slept part of the night(guess it must be the orange in his blood that slows him down...I told him if he had maroon in his blood that he could go a lot longer :lol: ). Big al heded for the tent for a nap, Jackie got a cup of Java and we were back on the lake. Fishing is real slow on rod n reel, they caught one all night, Jackie and I caught only two today. They did do good on Jug lines, had two coolers of fish when I got there, had several 2# cats and had three yellers 10-30#, so they will have some fish by Sunday for sure. BigArm Brett, Ben, Ricky Baker were to arrive tonight, Hooker got there right before I left, so they will be catching fishes for sure, for got about Catfish77482, he was there and raring to go...I bet him and Big Arm don't sleep all weekend.

If you can get out there, they are in campsite 65 adn a few others too.

Gentleben
05-31-2003, 02:18 AM
As fate would have it i got drafted tonight and tommorrow so as alway i will not make it but looks like ya all womn't need my help catchin gfis hwil lmiss the fellow ship

Warden
05-31-2003, 09:06 PM
I had to cut it off early and come back to work Sat. nite but things were starting to roll. Big Arm had arrived. Ricky Baker and wife had not made it before I left so I left JK, Scott, Hooker and Big Arm all to have a great time. Fishing has been slow,no more flatheads last nite and not many of anything else either. Scott and Hooker were catching a few this afternoon down from the campsite on stink bait I think. As usual everyone has been having a blast and JK is leading the pack. Really sorry I had to leave, was really looking forward to fishing with Big Arm just to see what would happen this time.

Warden
05-31-2003, 09:13 PM
Hey Obiewan it was great to meet up with you, sorry the fishing was not better. Jackie has continued to have motor problems, thought we were gonna have to paddle in today, now I know why he wants somebody to go with him, free labor.
Scott has develped prop problems. I cant help but think the hydrilla may have something to do with some of our problems, keeps getting in to the motors and clogging things up and fouling props too.

Warden
05-31-2003, 10:09 PM
Hey Big Al, it was great to meet ya, have dinner with ya, even though you cannot cut up an onion to JK's likeing, now you know why he don't have no cook :lol: ...Some folks change their eating habits when they go camping, JK, he just changes locations, rest of the habits are the same :lol: ...I did see him wash his hands before eating though, that son of a gun...they's might be hope for him yet...nwo if he can find someone to teach him how to fish, huh? Oh yes, I forgot to tell you how smart you were, setting your tent a camping site away from JK, he he he, someone must have been advising you on that trip... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Warden
06-01-2003, 05:25 PM
Hey Obiewan, not too sure how smart I was to let him get so close. When I came back in Fri. evening he had moved into my site and told me "I think you have enough room to get in down there." Then he kept sitting that orange bucket of sour corn outside my tent window to remind me he was still there. Whew the rest of the time was rough. Good thing Hooker was there to help me out with him. Dont know what I wouldve done without him. I do think I may have found a way to control im though, just get the preacher to bring in a box of fried chicken and tell JK he cant have any unless he behaves. At least it worked Thur. nite.

Warden
06-02-2003, 09:41 PM
I wish to thank these people who made it to Fairfield:
Weldon Kirk-College Station
Preacher Albert Green, his son, daughter, son by-law, and grandson-Lancaster
Bigarmed Brett, Regina, and Peyton-Conroe
Big_Al-Waco
Hooker-Lewisville
Scott Smith-Grapeland
Ricky Baker, Aundria, and mama by-law-Palestine/Atherns
Jugliner and friend-Waco
We fished hard and long but had less than deseriable results, the first night was best with four yellercats, and a cooler of channels. R&R fishing was very slow, but jugs was not far behind. the lake temperature was up somewhat and all fish are in staging pattern for the spawn. Everything had eggs and about to pop.
Boat trouble was abound, Scott had a prop go south, and my motor developed a case of the overheats and don'ts.
We had fish on Saturday and Sunday night, with campfire cook bigarmed doing the honors. Very tasty.
I will admit I shared a campsite with Big_Al, and Hooker and heard whispers of the good, bad and the ugly, still trying to finger out who was who in that deal.
Big_Al and I set jugs and fished Thursday night, along with Preacher Albert Green. We fished the dam, cold water intake, and lighted pier with little to no luck. Weldon Kirk rolled in bright and early Friday morning, we fished until 3 PM with very little results, fished for catfish&Reds. Weldon dashed out of town for spots unknown, probably qualifies for best move of the weekend. I slept a few hours waiting on bigarmed and he showed but in true bigarmed style didn't find us until Satruday morning. He did have the bathroom deal under control this time getting a spot right across the street. Hooker showed up in the mix somewhere but I was very scattered by this time, he did save my bacon on a ticket from the campsite gal by bribing her with candy, and sweet talk. Scott Smith rolled in and began to fish.Big_Al headed back to Waco to report inat jail. Later Saturday evening Ricky&Aundria Baker with maam by-law showed up and ate fish but fingerd out this crowd was a dab shady for refined folks, so they headed back to the holy land of Palestine. Jugliner and his friend showed up and everyone got scattered by this time. Bigarm&Scott fished together, as did jugliner and friend, Hooker and I started out on our venture, and it was most eventful. we did not see anyone the rest of the night, and everyone knew I was going to fish the dam. Maybe I was suffering from sleep deprivation but was thinking things was planned a little better than acted out.
I plan to have no further gatherings and will stick to just fishing with a few people form time to time. I believe a gathering to be too much trouble and doesn't serve the purpose I think they should. I had fun but not sure others did.
I always like to get together with old friends and new fishing pals from the net, but somehow it just doesn't allow for the maximum fellowship or sharing of fishing knowledge.
let hm roll,
jk

Warden
06-02-2003, 10:31 PM
JK,
Does seem confusing at times with everyones own agenda, I look foreward to being able to fish/learn from you at times of our choosing--Stay in touch my friend, as will I

Warden
06-03-2003, 10:05 PM
I have to agree on the confusing, however the weekend was great for me. I had a blast and as usual learned some more about fishing in ways I had not thought of before, always try to learn something new each trip and so far have not failed. Will try to keep in touch with all of you.
Al

Warden
06-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Confusing??? what ya expect when ya get 400 rednecks tied up togheter at the same hitchin post!!lol