PDA

View Full Version : Rockport for a week

fishin'lunatic
06-18-2010, 06:22 AM
Taking our yearly family vacation starting this saturday. my bro in law is bringing his boat and I will probably be doing alot of wading around Copano Bay and Goose Island shoreline. Do some in the surf too. Waiting to hear from a guide in Rockport so Jacob and I can take a trip. Last year those 9 hours of grinding it out, had him saying, "Daaaad, there is a perfectly good boat over there, what are we doing wading"? lol That saltwater did wonders for some of my pains. Going to do some scouting of some other spots, just do'nt like going by myself. The best time is early early and my people do'nt like getting up early on vacation.

BassingtxLady
06-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Be sure and let us know how you are doing. By the way, we need some more members in that area so we can get up to date info for members like you who are making the trip.

Any new members from that area who sign up :winner: and lists you as referring them gets to sign up for free. :new_rofl: (Thanks for letting me joke a little on your thread.)

BrotherDoug
06-18-2010, 07:38 AM
They piers at night are productive and cooler than day fishing.

Lou The Fisherman
06-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Hey there senor Joel: good to hear from you. Man, that sounds like a wonderful vacation. That is a great spot for fishing in my opinion. I used to go on down to Aransas Pass. It had some great places to wade fish and lots of shallow flats etc. Good RED and speckle trout fishing.

Have fun and be safe.

If you end up with just ONE red fish fillet to many for your freezer, I know where you can give it!! L O L

luckydog
06-18-2010, 10:32 AM
The pier at Goose Island st park is best to be fished late at night. We used to go every October and fish there.Also try the party boats in Port Aransas. They run out to the jetties and usually catch some nice fish. Try to eat a the Boiling Pot and Mrs Charlott's for some good eats in Rockport. If you are going to the State park to camp be sure to racoon proof your campsite. They have the smartest coons on the coast. Have a nice vacation.

vett0111
06-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Sounds like it's going to be a great VAC. Good luck and have fun. Fish on.

Bass Fishin Tejanos
06-18-2010, 06:36 PM
have fun out there buddy catch one for us. that area is great

Gentleben
06-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Get that boy up early !!! Have a goood time and take some pics :cloud::)

fishin'lunatic
06-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Going to try and camp out at Goose Island one night and go over to the Big Tree Shoreline. We did the party boat one time and it was too crowded and well, let's just say that some of the time was spent chumming.lol Oh yeah, wednesday nite is the the night we hit the Boiling Pot. Father"s Day morning will be spent with Jacob and I watching the sunrise on Copano Bay in pursuit of the speckled trout.
The pier at Goose Island st park is best to be fished late at night. We used to go every October and fish there.Also try the party boats in Port Aransas. They run out to the jetties and usually catch some nice fish. Try to eat a the Boiling Pot and Mrs Charlott's for some good eats in Rockport. If you are going to the State park to camp be sure to racoon proof your campsite. They have the smartest coons on the coast. Have a nice vacation.

medic1292
06-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Had a co-worker who was just out there @ Copanothis past weekend, and he said the trout were biting pretty good! he also caught a few reds too!!

Scotta
06-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Not much better way to fish Rockport than wading. Enjoy! Grind it out!!! Good luck!!!

vett0111
06-25-2010, 05:57 PM
How did the trip turn out?

Gentleben
06-26-2010, 09:56 PM
He was on his way back earlier when i spoke wth him, said he had a great time while the Jugger slept :applause:!!

Lou The Fisherman
06-27-2010, 06:34 PM
I bet they had a great time - can't wait to hear what they caught.