PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Saltwater with a few buddies

vett0111
07-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Been wanting to hit the ole saltwater for a while and got a chance to. I picked up BFT and we meet up with another buddy of ours Aurthur. We drove down to meet up with our fishing Buddy Mark. We loaded up boat with all our gear and off to catch some bait. Don't get scared at this point Gill. LOL JK. Bait was for once very easy to catch. There were mullet everywhere. We caught a bunch of bait and off to fishing we go. This was Aurthur's first fishing trip with us.We wanted to be able to get him hooked on fishing. Well I hope it worked, LOL.

It was a little slow at first. But did get a few Specs. Rat Reds were biting as well. Then the dreaded and nasty Hard heads and Gaftop moved in so we moved out LOL. We moved for spot to spot catch a few good fish then Yes the dreaded Catfish duo would find us. We even caught a few small sharks. Aurthur latched on to a big stingray that about pulled the rod out the rod holder. That fishing pole was bent over and about to touch the water before he was able to react to pick it up LOL. Rookies. LOL JK

All in all a fun trip Wish we could of loaded the boat with a bunch of good fish. But We set out to have fun and get someone hooked on fishing and we made both happen. That is what is most important.

Thank you BFT for another fun trip and a bunch of laughs.

On a side note I have not seen a game warden in this area since I have been fishing here. Man Oh man were they on the hunt this weekend. They had 3-4 boats stopping everyone that was coming in from fishing. Mark got to the water before us and he said they were pulling a bunch of boats over and checking their ices chest and live wells. He even got stopped on his way to pick us up from the boat ramp. We were not worried because we fish legal and have fishing license. But I'm sure they must of had a bunch of calls of illegal fishing to be out in force. Is it Red Snapper season?

Ok Ok here are the few pics I took. Only one of us wanted pics of some of the fish we caught.

vett0111
07-19-2010, 01:01 AM
I did sneak in a few pics of the guys while they were not looking. Well lets just say I think they have been taking lessons from Ben. LOL. JK. You can see why they didn't see when I took the pics, Bawhahahah

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/vett0111/2010%20saltwater%20fun/Picture001-9-1.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/vett0111/2010%20saltwater%20fun/Picture026-10-1.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/vett0111/2010%20saltwater%20fun/Picture028-10-1.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/vett0111/2010%20saltwater%20fun/Picture030-8-1.jpg

GILBERT G
07-19-2010, 04:41 AM
wtg guys looks like ya`ll had fun.

I know why your buddies were tired cause they didn`t want to BUY BAIT...................

lake_buddy
07-19-2010, 05:33 AM
Nice! Good going guys.

Lou The Fisherman
07-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Dynomite - great pics. Salt water fishing ROCKS!!.

BassingtxLady
07-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Great trip with friends. Nice ray that Arthur caught. Thanks for sharing.

ruskeltheblackbassman
07-19-2010, 11:01 AM
awesome trip, lol bft's sleepin pretty good. thanks for the pics vetto.

Flathead Fred
07-19-2010, 12:33 PM
WTG guys, you cought some fish and then some ZZZZ,s. Now that's fishing at its best.
Thanks for the report and pics.

vett0111
07-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys

Saltwater does rock Lou.

Gil you might be right except we caught more than enough bait in about 15 min. LOL

He was very happy with it Rod. His father in law asked if he caught one bring it to him.

fishin'lunatic
07-20-2010, 05:47 AM
Looks like a heck of a trip veto. Can you imagine the pain that ray would inflict on you if you got whacked by one? I remember wading Seadrift and having one swim by about 1ft from me. Were ya'll in East bay?

vett0111
07-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Looks like a heck of a trip veto. Can you imagine the pain that ray would inflict on you if you got whacked by one? I remember wading Seadrift and having one swim by about 1ft from me. Were ya'll in East bay?

West bay fishin'lunatic.

Your right on the pain one of those stingrays can do The barb on one that size would be long as a knife.

KayakingJ1
07-20-2010, 08:06 PM
WTG guys. Looks like you guys had a good day. What did you feed them?

Gentleben
07-20-2010, 08:11 PM
MAn oh man what a bunch of ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's tehm boys was putting out!!!!!!:114:

Bass Fishin Tejanos
07-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Had a good time out there fishing with the buddies. Thanks to Mark for having us out there and Vett0 for the ride.

Bait was ez to catch. I have learned that one only becomes a better Angler when one manages to catch there own bait. And save a couple of bucks as well.

And the ZZZZ, well as y'all can see I was in the back seat so I wasn't co-captain on this trip. I was riding first class. LOL

Bass Fishin Tejanos
07-20-2010, 08:26 PM

Live mullet and live shrimp. Fished off the bottom and under cork.

vett0111
07-20-2010, 10:37 PM

BFT and Aurthur were fed What-a-Burger and few minutes after they finished they were :new_sleeping:asleep:new_sleeping:. LOL

Live mullet was the bait we caught to feed the Specs and reds.. Very good live bait for that area. My opinion of course.

kingwoodcatfisherman
07-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Way to go ! Ya'll have been having some great fishing trips lately .

waterspout
07-21-2010, 01:41 PM
snapper close this friday at midnight.. congrats on the trip!

KayakingJ1
07-21-2010, 06:57 PM
LOL. Yeah it seems to be what I have the best luck on myself.

Lou The Fisherman
07-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Yeah it's too bad that Red Snapper fishing closes this Fri. at midnight and even worse you can only keep TWO.

Last time I went was about 10 years ago out of Palasios and we went out about 11 miles to a rig and limited out within two hours. Back then the limit was 7 Red Snappers per person and there was of us on board so we brought back 28 beautiful fish. One went 18 lbs.

The owner of the boat and his son are good friends of mine so he gave me and the other guy the fish they caught so I came home with 28 Red Snapper fillets (14 fillets and 14 on the half shell.)

I took the 14 fillets to my place at Lake Limestone at the time and fried up a big batch one Satdy nite and had a bunch of my neighbor friends over and everyone one said that is the only fish they want to eat and that they would never eat crappie, catfish or bluegills again. I reminded them of the cost involved of Red Snapper fishing such as owning or renting a large boat, motor, gas, marine radio, gps, depth finder, radar, going off shore and dealing with the elements etc and that they might want to rethink that decision again. A pair of 250 horsers will sip a good amount of fuel. A good time was had by all.

waterspout
07-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Lou it's in the works and being looked at to reopen season in September do to the spill and the recreational fisherman came no where close to their quotas! which will let you back to fed waters. snapper move closer in the winter.:icon_cool:

and for a big boat,, find a friend that has a world cat to get ya a 100 miles out and go Tuna fishing. lol :icon_mrgreen:

Trigger fish that steal your bait when snapper fishing are better eating than snapper. I know guys the trade snapper for triggers.

vett0111
07-22-2010, 11:12 PM
snapper close this friday at midnight.. congrats on the trip!

Thanks. I only ask cause of the amount of Game wardens out there. Stopping as many boats as they could. They were stopping everyone coming from the beach front side

Lou The Fisherman
07-23-2010, 09:10 AM
I've heard trigger fish were good to eat.

Years ago the Co. I worked for had their large computer complex in FtlLauderdale and every year we would have our sales convention there.

We had two afternoons of play time so you could either fish or golf.

I would always take one of the 55 foot rented off shore boats and the capt. would go about quarter mile out and he had like a dozen shiny small gold hooks tied on and with no bait he could catch 25 to 50 small trigger fish within couple min's. They would bite the hooks because they were shiny.

We used them for bait. Never thought about eating them, always thought they were just bait fish L O L