PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful lake for Feb Gathering 13,14&15th

Gentleben
05-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Went fishing last weekend at LaKE WHitney . was a bummer, not one fish one the graph or in the boat, went to Lake Aquilla located south of Peoria on Hiway 1534, has beautiful bass, crappie and catfish population!!

Gentleben
05-31-2003, 06:43 AM
You all give mr Jeff Ball a mighty large Fishingtx welcome , we found him and his boys at Lake Aquilla last Sunday afternoon and they were just as freindly ah folks as ya ever want ta meet!! Why they gave us some crawfish and pointed us to all the good fishing holes in Lake Aquilla. We done run across that kind of hospitality every day so I invited them to come to our website and be part of the Fishingtx.com familia so join with me in making welcome Jeff AJKA Hoppy and his boys !!!Welcome Jeff

Warden
06-01-2003, 01:42 AM
next time your in these parts drop a line we'll get a 6-pack of soda and get a mess of fish hows that sound

HOPPY

Warden
06-01-2003, 02:24 AM
Mr Ball that sounds good but i beleive i had enough travel fishing think i'll stick to my home town lake Lake houston

Warden
06-01-2003, 03:06 AM
we'll me and my boys will have to catch them until we see you all again

Gentleben
06-01-2003, 07:50 PM
i encourage you to continue taking those boys fishing and you'll never have to go bale them out of the slammer :lol: :lol: You re a good man to handle all those boys and they appeared to be very well manner sure would like to fish with you someday!!

Warden
12-31-2003, 01:03 AM
just to let you know i'm not dead but I feel it haven't fished in almost 6 months I tore three ligements in my only knee . Doc said, about another 6-8wks and then look out kittys. By the way Happy New Year to you all see at the fishin holes

MicroSoft
12-31-2003, 02:38 AM
Sorry to hear about your ligaments in your knee, where do you fish at ??? Are you a catfish person or what ???
I don't get to fish much but I likes to come see what other people are catching and to read the stroies, they are a gas....
Of all the websites that I visit and they are quiet a few , this little site rocks with information and stories....
Has some real good guide articles and there is no feuding going on. I was welcomed from the very begining and have not gotten run of yet....LOL
Good luck with your knee and with your fishing....

Warden
12-31-2003, 09:57 AM
Welcome back jeff, maybe you can hobble down here and go fishin, we got a big ole pontoon, we'll pull you up a chair.

Warden
01-01-2004, 02:03 AM
Thanks everyone. I like to play in whitney around harbor master we catch from 2-15lbs over there. theres a old creek they like to sit in it ranges from about 20-40ft. Best of all theres a dock(lol) talk later

Warden
01-01-2004, 05:37 AM
"Ther's a dock" does that mean you don't have a boat?

Warden
01-01-2004, 04:09 PM
hey mudcat, I have a native boat (lol) it's a conoe I'd like trade my boat for something else I'd like to take my boys out at the same time,but this will come in time. Until then I'll work the old way

Warden
01-01-2004, 04:51 PM
hey bring the boys and come on to the gathering in feb at bj's we will have plenty of boats that need a dad and his sons to fish. that is what this is all about. You would be in for the fishin time of your life. your sons will never forget it. You can bring a tent , it's in feb so you have time to plan.it's friday and sat, if you cant come fri, come fri night or sat morn, i garatee you will lhave a great time, this is a family thing

Warden
01-01-2004, 05:41 PM
T hat's about 6 weeks away.

Warden
01-02-2004, 02:47 AM
Hey mudcat, sounds like a great time what would I need to bring besides me,myself & I plus the boys

Gentleben
01-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Jeff that would be great if you and the boys could come, we do catch some fish, especially that mudcat and ****

Warden
01-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Probably just a tent, or something to sleep in. Depends on when you come . As we get closer, keep reading the post and you will understand how it works,
Gator can tell you a little what to expect for a first timer.

01-02-2004, 09:46 AM
well let me tell you bring the wife kids mother father because everyone is invited and it is a very family atmosphere. we sit around and listen to genleben tell whopper of stories about the one that got away and then mudcat shows us the whopper catfish he caught while **** shows us rookies where to fish and me being the biggest show them how to eat. you and the boys will have a time of your life i know me and my 13 year did my dad came and brother and brotherinlaw a friend and his boys and all can not wait for the next one so i highly recommend loading up and coming on down to the dog gone best fishing gathering in the state in feb

Warden
01-02-2004, 10:18 AM
gentle ben, mudcat and myself love to fish, who else would be on the lake in dense fog and heavy winds,
but who catches them big ones two at a time better than you, noone

Warden
01-03-2004, 12:22 AM
I think we just make it there thats if Gentleben does'nt catch them all first (lol)

Gentleben
01-03-2004, 06:44 PM
It would be a real blessing to get to see you and the boys again, i think that meeting you and the boys at Lake Aquilla was a divine appointment and every time i run my carwfish traps i think about your boy playing with that big old crawdad. You all are good people and that is one of the qualifications to be part of our gatherings, we have a merry old time eat good and fish good.
Hope to see you soon, let em know, i will have pictures and directions to BJs on the board, you can come straight out of Hillsboro and thru Waco down thru Bryan College station and then you are almost here. Funny thing my brother in law that was with me that day just called , I told him you were coming down, he was happy that we became freinds that day.
See ya buddy!!
Gen Ben

Warden
01-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Ben don'tcha think we ought ta have some food fer these people fri night, or mabe sat noon, Some of them might not bring anything?

Warden
01-03-2004, 10:21 PM
gonna be there all three days, the camper will too, there will be some food for them, and a kitchen also. mudcat where have you been?

MicroSoft
01-04-2004, 12:22 PM
Welcome Jeff, any friend of Ben or Trobs is a freind of mine. Hope you can make the gathering I made the one at Conroe and it was a real gas.

Warden
01-04-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm here

Warden
01-05-2004, 10:32 PM
The wife is taken off that weekend she likes fishin but she drowns more bait than catchs fish one more ? can I bring my buddy he has a boy too. and will some one turn on the heater it cold out side(lol)

Gentleben
01-06-2004, 03:23 AM
That is why they called it"Fish-N-Friends " :D cause it is about "FishingTx " :shock: with Freinds in "The CatfishBoat" :lol: :lol: so come on down :P no limit on how many , :P what race :oops: or if you got money :( you get down here and we'll have the usual wild pig :wink: , chicken :wink: and Fish :wink: Fish :wink: Fish and chichken chichken chicken :lol: :wink:

Warden
01-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Jeff y'all come on down, it may be a little chilly, maybe not, we'll have a big campfire anyway, if it gets too cold i got one of those throw up garages, i'll bring if it rains, . Once you get to catchin catfish on jugs you'll throw rocks at every B@$$ fisherman you see.

Warden
01-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Was just jokin about cold weather I was raised in chi-town(the Great lakes) I know I am yankee thats another story. I'll tell my buddy it's okay might just throw rock at them B@$$ fisherman for the fun of it

MicroSoft
01-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Jef f, I came down the skyway there at the windy city back in oh 1966 or so. Me and old Walter Dolan were in a 1961 caddy just getting it. Good times in Chi-Town and the Windy City

Warden
01-09-2004, 09:33 PM
hey,looks like we will be there the 13th around 7 o'clock (pm) by the way my oldest turned 12 today . this boy loves fishen so much he took all his birthday and bought all new fishin gear then I asked what he was going to do with the 30 dollars he had left .He said, "this is for bait ". got a tear in my eye and said," that's my boy". see you all at the gathering.

Warden
01-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Jeff, my grandson is 13 this month, He is coming to the gatherin with me, So your son will have a little company his age

01-10-2004, 05:33 PM
my crew should be there savannah 10 anthony 13 tj 16 anita only the lord knows for sure me42

Warden
01-11-2004, 02:09 AM
I think we'll have a good thing of kids. I have Erica 7,David 10, Jeffrey12, Leon 12, Tabitha 17 ya I think thats all of them thank GOD o and my wife Tina can't tell her age she'll take my poles away.

Gentleben
01-11-2004, 03:51 AM
Dads Fonny :? :P :P :P :P :D :lol: :lol: :) :)
Me and the warden, my son, grandson and his good lookin main Lady , Zekeroo and Big Jim and last but not least Cajun Cooker and Carrie, they usually attract two or 3 more , it will be, by far the bigest Lake Houston Catfish Show and Rodeo., Thats about all my crew :shock:
Do not forget to order your personalized Fishingtx.com window decal so Corey can get to workin on them.

Warden
01-11-2004, 02:12 PM
were do I get my window decal and how much $$ by the way there will be 7 of us

Warden
01-11-2004, 04:38 PM
ben will fix you up on the decals, glad your are going to make it, going to have a good time.

Gentleben
01-11-2004, 06:25 PM
She does them personalized for $10 somebody post a pic of one just tell us what name you want in it.

Warden
01-11-2004, 10:02 PM
I would like one the name is" HOPPY " get it only one leg(lol) can I pic it up at the gathering or do you need it sooner.

mrmakAUCTIONEER
01-11-2004, 10:19 PM
window decale looks like dis order from gentelben :)

01-11-2004, 10:38 PM
little off topic but mak did you drive to the top or not? i did and i will tell you i have not done anything more scarey

Gentleben
01-12-2004, 03:54 AM
Yes "Hoppy" your order is in :shock: :lol: :wink:

01-12-2004, 03:58 AM
ben i need another "GATOR" got a work truck needs one dont you know

Warden
01-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Looks like we may have a lot of children,,Kids too...
How we gonna handel this.?
We could have a kids fishin contest, for about , say 3hours before dark. get all the kids in all the boats and go out all in the same place. what ya think, we need to promote kids fishin , also we need a kids section for the kids to post in thier own place???

We could do this sat night, may be a good thing right,? give them something to remember, they may want to come back.

Warden
01-12-2004, 01:35 PM
i have one boat that can hold twelve and another that can hold 6
they are there if you need them

and two or three good panfish and channel catfish holes we can put them on

Warden
01-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Thats what we need, don't y'all think it would be good?? now who is voluntering to help. we will need adult supervision,anybody know any adults,haha.
Those two boats should be enough, unless the parents want to do a father son\daughter thing in seperate boats . I would take a couple, as long as we didn't go out on the big lake, and we had enough life jackets,
WHAT Y'ALL THINK PARENTS? WE NEED SOME PLANNING HELP, WE GOTTA TAKE CARE OF THE KIDO'S.

01-12-2004, 06:30 PM
i got a bunch of those orange life jackets think i will bring them all rather have not need em than need em not have them kids round up sounds good can i get in see im a newwbe? ialways got room for some mo kids

Warden
01-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Ok , I think most kids have a rod and reel,but we might need a couple just in case. we need to try , when we get a little closer how many kids.
maybe we could have some people that don't fish,bring thier kids and go fishin next time, lets see how this goes.
i think everyone should get envolved with this, it's just for 3 hrs sat night before dark, we come in at a set time.

Warden
01-13-2004, 02:00 AM
I've got some jackets also got some poles and tackle I'll bring it with me okay. only thing we will arrive around 7pm friday but ready to fish sat. morning.

01-13-2004, 02:06 AM
after you get something in your belly sounds like a good time to run the jugs dontch know :lol:

Warden
01-13-2004, 02:16 AM
sounds good can't wait this going to be a blast

mrmakAUCTIONEER
01-13-2004, 08:56 AM
I've got some jackets also got some poles and tackleI'll bring it with me okay. only thing we will arrive around 7pm friday but ready to fish sat. morning. just in case yall enthusiests can get get enthused about chasin them bigguns dat got away, like the one draggin the big log and yankin folks outta da seat while gettin every one soaking wet from splash, and the net not being big enough to even fit his head in JUST IN IN CASE YALL WERE INTERESTED DAT WAS AT 1:30 IN THE MORNING MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT STUFF, :D :lol: :shock: :wink:
SO WHILE SOME YALL SLEEPY HEADS is sawing logs some of us might be draggin one a dem log pullers over da side a da boat. lmao

Warden
01-13-2004, 09:24 AM
i have 4 youth jackets, up to 90 lbs, 6 orange jackets, 8 adult jackets and 42 rod and reels, just bring the kids and one or two adults and we will go fishing.

Warden
01-13-2004, 12:35 PM
alright , lets find out how many kids an see if we can find out what we wanna do. we just want to make sure they get to fish a while in the boats, and catch some fish,

Warden
01-13-2004, 12:41 PM
All my kinds have there stuff just need couple more jackets by the way I've got 5 rug rats

Warden
01-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Gator if you aint got your limit by then I'll give you some, I'll have mine by noon, and i'm sure **** will, and Ben,
I catch my limit, I'm comin in, still leavin the jugs out for the big one overnight, gonna change the bait to some good stuff.

Warden
01-13-2004, 12:56 PM
That time is not set in stone, it's just a time, any suggestions would be welcome.. mabe it could be earlier??

Warden
01-15-2004, 05:37 PM
I don't care I'm ready to fish I just might be the lucky one and catch the giant out there being my first time to the gathering (lol)

Gentleben
01-16-2004, 10:08 PM
It's ah gonna be a "Riot"!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Warden
01-17-2004, 08:45 AM
**** you got a hole ready fer the kids? we take four boats, pontoon, deck boat,gators boat and one more? if we need it, let's go out from 1:00pm till 4:00pm, all tied up close, but not togather,so we can take pictures of each other. To post on the site .
So everyone have the kids ready to go at 1:00 sat the 14th if you want them to go, I'll go on one of the boats, if you need help with the kids.

Warden
01-17-2004, 08:51 AM
ok sounds good, maybe will have a nother 22 ft blue wave to use that day

Gentleben
01-18-2004, 07:05 PM
That means the fish fry gonna have to be earlier sat like say 11 0r 12?? I will help in whatever capacity but we'll have Zeke and Jim there to help and BigJojn has big boat like Gators

Warden
01-18-2004, 11:19 PM
Hey ben, was able to walkwith no help legs getting better now if I can get my brain to work as well(lol) can't hardly wait for the gathering see you there.

Gentleben
01-18-2004, 11:39 PM
It has been quite a few months ago since i met you , Jeff and hey don't worry bout the leg we'll get you out there and back. :lol: :D
Anxious to see you guys and get into some fishing!!

Warden
01-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Ben what were you gonna start the fish fry? I thought it was after 4:00 thats why we should get the kids out , so we could get back to eat fish. or we could fry fish all day, I'll bring 30 hot dogs in case us kids want some, mustard ketchup. What y'all think? We should decide so we know when to tell were leavin, so the parents will have the kids there, don't want to leave no one.

Warden
02-01-2004, 11:36 AM
I'm back my comp. became sick and had to order a reload program and now it's fine. The gathering is still on I hope so because we will be with each other for 14 years on feb14 and i'd hate to try to figure out anything else so lets fish.

Warden
02-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Its on, looking better everyday,

Gentleben
02-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Best place to be is in the water or right next to it!! :lol: :lol: :oops:

Warden
02-03-2004, 12:33 AM
AMEN!!!!!!!!

Gentleben
02-20-2004, 03:52 AM
Ok Jeff they got you a gathering going in Ceder Creek and the weather will be jus tfine