PDA

View Full Version : Friday

jakubbb
08-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Put in at Kemah and headed to redfish island. Caught 12 specks but only 2 keepers. Also caught 2 reds there but they were both 19 inches. Caught on shrimp and croaker. We decided to roll out to the jetties since the water was so smooth. Got out there and I hooked into a 4 ft black tip on my curado spooled with 14lb mono and my medium action all star. WORE ME OUT! Didn't get to snap a picture of him. Couple of minutes later I boated a keeper red. Not a killer day but we did catch fish to keep us busy, just weren't the right size!! Still had a blast being out there as calm as it was. Heres the only pic of the day.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/jb43/IMG950060.jpg

vett0111
08-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the report. Water looks good. Did you get Shark in? Did you have a Leader on your rod?

jakubbb
08-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah had a leader. Got him to the boat three times, the final time we were gonna stick him and i just told them to break me off i didnt want to kill the thing and i didnt really want him in the boat thrashing cause he wasn't no sissy.

vett0111
08-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Cool deal. I'm the same. Let it go to fight another day. They will let you know they are top of food chain in the bay. They have a lot of power.

I am hardheared though. LOL I would of got a pic with it. hoping I wouldn't lose a finger trying to pick it up. JK

jakubbb
08-02-2010, 01:21 PM
haha yeah i know, shoulda just put his head in the net and put him on the deck