PDA

View Full Version : Texas City Dike Fee?

Cho_Hakkai_36
08-08-2010, 01:53 AM
As I was browsing around the net I came upon this article about Texas City charging a Dike Fee. http://galvestondailynews.com/story/161274/ Sorry if this is a repost as I didn't see anything of this sort on here.

Gentleben
08-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Sounds like a fair fare .......

Snapshot
08-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I have been over to the dike a couple times this summer and caught some nice reds and specks from the grassy dike along the roadway. There are a lot of wade fishermen along that area too. I for one, look forward to it opening as it reaches way out into the gulf. Take a look at it on google earth and you will be surprised. The fee may keep vandalism down some.
**********copied from link above*************
The fee is expected to go into effect when the dike opens this fall. The dike, which has been closed since Hurricane Ike struck in September 2008, could be open by Labor Day. That’s not a sure thing. But crews are trying to make that happen.

vett0111
08-08-2010, 08:28 PM
$5 fee doesn't seem bad at all. Thanks for the link

Cho_Hakkai_36
08-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Yeah, it sounds fair. I just hope it doesn't turn into another Sea Wolf Park, where its like $6 per head and car.

Bass Fishin Tejanos
08-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Sounds fair to me. thanks for the link

Bazooka Joe
08-10-2010, 09:53 AM
I have been to Texas City a few times and haven't ever caught a thing...never been on the part that has been closed though always fished along the road, but Sea Wolf Park is another story i always catch something there and every time i have went except for once i have seen some thing big pulled out of there most of the time it is bull reds but the last timei was there some guy caught a Jack and another caught a 4 foot shark...i love that place!