PDA

View Full Version : Hero or Angler of Men?

Eagle_One
08-30-2010, 09:14 PM
This pastThursday I went to the South jetty on Galveston Island. You guys have heard several times from me an others that its pretty treacherous out there and to be careful. Well do I have a story for you guys. I was fishing at the end of the jetty where its the most damaged and dangerous to cross. I seen several people fishing on the other side and didnt pay no mind until two guys tried to come back across.High tide had just hit and the waves were come right on to the jetty which meant for the guys that were trying to cross it was about waist high or higher.The first guy tried coming across and almost made it when a wave came and knocked him off balance and there he went doggy paddling into the sea. He lost his hat,rods ,sandals,tackle(with his phone he would tell me later)and his bottle Off.I happened to casting for mullet when i seen the paralizing fear in his eyes and cast my net to reel him in. Danger averted with him there still was his friend to cross.That second guy made but but knocked around pretty tough around the rocks while holding on to his fishing pole crossing.Little did i know that they had two other guys with them and that they would soon come and face the same dangers.Anyhow,about 20 mins later the other two come and the same happens but this time they both lose every thing except one rod. The last guy didnt know how to swim that well and the third guy yelled to me as soon as he went a drifted "Throw the rope!Throw the rope!Throw the rope!"This guy not only grabbed the net but tangled his legs in it for an extra precaution.I called Vetto and told him and in a break in his laughter he asked if i took any pictures and i simply said how would that look if im hindering my rescue efforts with one hand to take pictures with the other. There was a sand bar not too far from where these guys were getting washed off to but thats not the point.These guys could of lost a lot more than several hundred dollars in tackle,rods, and sandals.One more thing,every one of these guys had about 20 bleeding cuts a piece in different areas from the barnacles and sharp shells of the rocks.OOCCHH! These guys learned a hard lesson.Hope fully you guys can learn from there plight.

vett0111
08-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Come on Eagle_One. I was looking at a comedy show as you were telling me the story. Lol. I am glad everyone was saved but to hear you tell story and describe there look and reactions is crazy. As you know from working for me if I know no thing but pride is hurt I'm going to laugh. If I fell in I know when I was out of danger and back on land I would fall out laughing at myself. Just me though.

I still can't believe not even one pic. You almost caught a limit of fisherman in your cast net. Lol. JK

Bass Fishin Tejanos
08-30-2010, 11:14 PM
great thing you did there Eagle_None, and here I thought Angels were only slim and in shape.lol j/k. But seriously thanks to you the only bad thing that happened was the little injuries that each one received. Good looking out.

Also I was wondering why someone was in tears from laughing so hard while they were on the phone that day.lol

Lou The Fisherman
08-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Eagle One I hope they thanked you for literally saving their lives. I don't guess any of them had a life jacket??

Pasadena65
08-31-2010, 09:50 AM
I'd say YOU are a hero..... You did a good thing and sent them home alive to their families...

BigMike005
08-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Great to know there are still a few people that remain level headded and take appropriate action when presented with a serious situation!

Great job bein "Da Man" that day!!

GILBERT G
08-31-2010, 05:17 PM
why in the **** would they cross to the other end
most people get in trouble because of stupidity

Gentleben
08-31-2010, 07:09 PM
I am confuded is it eagle _one or eagle _none ??:ball-chain::shower:

Good story jsut the same !!:flehan:

vett0111
08-31-2010, 11:07 PM
It's Eagle_One Ben. BFT is just messing with him about his name.

Bass Fishin Tejanos
08-31-2010, 11:12 PM
Lol, I wasjust messin with our bud there Captain. Or you can just call it a Ben typing moment. Lol when I grow up I want to type like you Captain. Just kidding there buddy.

Lou The Fisherman
09-01-2010, 08:23 AM
I am confuded

Ben I hate when you are confuded!.!.!.!.

Flathead Fred
09-07-2010, 08:37 PM
I've crossed that path a few times, once during high tide. Got swept away, loosing all my live shrimp, tackle, poles, etc. It's pretty dangerous past that point.
I did get my poles and tackle box back, but had to go for more shrimp so i could fish. The second time around I made it through, but it was tough.
we got our limit of specs that day, and it's excellent fishing out there.
But, you got to know how to cross, and when.
STAY TOUGH, IT"LL PAY OFF.

Scotta
09-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Way to go.