PDA

View Full Version : Misadventures of an OUTLAW

OUTLAW
11-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Thought this may bring a tear to your eyes and a smile on your faces for the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving!

This am was my only slot to fish on my days off so I planned a trip. I decided against the boat and lines at the ramp and chose the SINK yak and Jones lake marsh on the bayou side. (mistake #1).

Got a bucket full of great mudfish in the cast net so I was set. Fished for a couple hrs without a bite, water was slack as well. I got out to get rid of some coffee. Since I was only in about 2.5 ft of water getting out was easy, however getting in was not. I only held on to one side and once my leg was in it pushed the yak away and I took a little dip. In front of some witnesses. This is my first time to fish out of this thing, can you tell? I'm sure they'll have a good laugh later. (mistake #2)

After calling it quits around 10 cause I had to get back to my girls I paddled back to where I launched at at buds house in Bayou Vista. The water was pretty low as we all know and about 4 ft lower than the dock at the boathouse. I got up with some stuff and pulled up the yak. I wasn't thinking about the fact that the yak was a little longer than the slip for his boat (mistake #3). I remember taking one too many steps and watching the bottom of his boat disappear by the water covering my head. I was still wearing my life jacket and waders and the canal was only about waist deep right now anyway.

Luckily his wife was watching (yea how lucky is that, another witness) and all I got was wet. Somehow I missed the boat with my head, lol.

For those fishing this week, the tide was just starting to go back out about the time I had to go and it was pretty low as it was. Ended the day wet, cold and without a nibble on my great mudfish!

I don't usually share all my "Griswald" moments but thought you'd get a kick out of this one!

dwaynez
11-23-2005, 01:19 PM
LOL

We all have days like that

Gentleben
11-23-2005, 02:17 PM
BWAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHH, sounds like you really had a GentleBen day, brother now I am laughing so hard my belly will shake for a week......
Brother your girls and yourself have just won a one day jugging on the Tritoon, bwahahahhahhahaha wish someone had taken a picture bwahahhahahhahhahhah

dpiper
11-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Ben must be your role model. Word of advise: STOP. Well that is unless you enjoy falling in.

Gentleben
11-23-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm sorry OutLaw, but i just could see myself fallin in and the terrified look in my face....

OUTLAW
11-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Laugh away bro- wish I had a video of it myself. Classic move on my part, just so happend it was the wife of a guy I work with, I'll have plenty of reminders. The look on my face was more like "here we go again" lol

Gentleben
11-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Your lucky!!Oh no, not someone you knew!!
Still shaking

dwaynez
11-24-2005, 07:05 AM
All in good fun, as long as no one got hurt. I am sure it was a funny site to see.

minner skinner
11-25-2005, 07:38 AM
i once had a yak. i caught some flounder in Moses lake and used stringer to tie them to the side. when i wanted to paddle in, the flounder had other ideas as they pulled me around in circles, backwards and whatever other way they wanted to go. this with the head wind made it a long tiring paddle in. that was the last trip in my yak.

dwaynez
11-25-2005, 08:44 AM
Those flounder can put up a pretty good fight and with the wind on their side as well i bet it was difficult