PDA

View Full Version : The cheeseburger and the boat ramp

luckydog
11-02-2015, 07:18 AM
Yesterday morning just before dawn, I was putting my juglines in fire arms boat. As a habit we store the lines coolers, R &Reels and lots of other things. I saw this guy roaring by us and told jim this guy is going to pull up and block the ramp. I bet him a cheeseburger he would. Sure enough, they started unpacking the whole bed of the truck. By this time we were ready to launch. So I walked up all friendly like, said good morning. I told them thanks for the cheese burger. They had wondered why I told them that. I told them they should have their boat ready before pulling into the ramp. I said no hard feelings, but thanks again for the cheeseburger. On a good note Whataburger was delicious.

mikechell
11-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Yep ... we live in a new world. One were consideration for others is a lost trait. It's the "Me Me Me" era. I won'[t call it the "Me Me Me generation" because there doesn't seem to be an age relation any more. Nearly everyone has eradicated the "neighborly" feeling from their emotional make-up.

FishingTxAdmin
11-02-2015, 02:08 PM
This is awesome!

It's like the other day when a dude flew past me at full throttle under the bridge (no wake zone) as I was idling through. As I got back to the dock, I got there in time to witness him pull his boat out, with the motor down and not hooked to the trailer. The boat was drug off the trailer and landed right on the cement with a thud. They then spent the next hour blocking the ramp trying to get him reloaded. Even after they got him on the trailer, instead of moving out and letting others launch and load, he proceeded to back it down so he could reset it on the trailer, while still blocking both slots on the ramp. I just stood and watched. No sympathy for idiots!

Gentleben
11-02-2015, 02:52 PM
It is always funny when It happens to the other guy:DancingChicken:
At m yole ripe age I kindah let idiots be tehmselfs as God knows I aint perfect>:flehan:

SKsCrappie
11-02-2015, 03:14 PM
Ooohhh yeah I bet that slowed him right down a bit...but I doubt he learned anything from that experience.....

LD I'm willing ta bet that guy is still scratching his head wondering what you were talkn bout....

fish1
11-02-2015, 06:46 PM
long as i been going to that ramp , i have never noticed that jetski on top of that sign

GILBERT G
11-02-2015, 07:30 PM
That jet ski has been there for a long time...I've seen some crazy funny things at that boat ramp

vett0111
11-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Whataburger is the bright side of the story. Hehe

Lou The Fisherman
11-03-2015, 10:52 AM
It's hard to fix STUPID. L O L

GILBERT G
11-03-2015, 11:14 AM
I would have bet a Taco

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ChaWhitney
05-04-2016, 07:20 AM
Since most of us live in Texas, I doubt your advertising for a New York preschool will do any good.

RetiredDan
05-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Why go to the movies when you can go to a boat ramp and have a good laugh?:transport002:

Lou The Fisherman
05-05-2016, 04:52 PM
You got that rite retired Dan
Lewisville? You fish Lake Lewisville there in Dallas?