PDA

View Full Version : It Was His First Time With a Level Wind

RetiredDan
05-04-2016, 04:59 PM
While walking the community lakes by 3040 with my grandson, I asked a young guy fishing how he was doing. He turned to show a nice birds nest on his level wind. After a few minutes of watching and talking to him, I asked to help. It took about 10 minutes to undo the nest. I had him pinch the line as he reeled it back in. I noticed that his line went through the hook keeper. :scratchhead: I asked him what he was using for bait after observing a bobber in the water. He replied "A lure". As the bobber reached the tip of the pole, attached to the line about a foot down was a spinner with the line tied to the Colorado spinner blade. :scratchhead: I asked if I could re-tie the lure for him. He agreed and after a few helpful hints my grandson and I went on our way. :new_Eyecrazy:

dan_wrider
05-04-2016, 06:23 PM
lol! Some people are beyond help. I think you found one of them.
Good of you to try though.
BTW, welcome aboard.

mikechell
05-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Sounds like someone who "Wants" to fish, but doesn't have ANYONE to show him how.
I've run into a few of those throughout my life time. When possible, I've taken the time to help as much as possible.
I always offer to take people fishing, when I see them struggling on the shore. All I ask is that they call me a day or two before the weekend, so I know they're going with me. Only once has anyone taken me up on it.

RetiredDan
05-04-2016, 10:43 PM
I have observed people using open face reels on the top and reeling backwards but saw a first with a guy using a Zebco upside down reeling backwards but casting normally.

vett0111
05-05-2016, 12:15 AM
Very cool you took time to help him. Your grandson will remember time like those. Your planting a seed in him to help others.

Thanks for posting story. Welcome to Fishingtx

Lou The Fisherman
05-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Welcome to fishtingtx and thanks for helping a wannabe fisher person out.

RetiredDan
05-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the welcome.