PDA

View Full Version : Best season for fishing?

JasonBilly
10-04-2016, 05:14 AM
what would be best season for fishing? summers of winters? i am planing to host an event to and that's why i need all the necessary information about this.

mikechell
10-04-2016, 06:23 AM
Where?
If it snows and freezes over in the winter, then Summer is the best time to go fishing.
But Spring's rush to spawn is when you'll catch the heaviest fish, females full of eggs. You'll also have plenty of hungry fish after the low food availability of Winter.
Fall is when the fish are stocking up for Winter. Fattening up before cold weather sets in. So, the fishing is phenomenal that time of year.

On the other hand, if you're in the South, where it's in the triple digits for most of the Summer, then Winter might be a better time to go fishing.
There is no Fall rush to fatten up, but there is still the Spring rush to spawn.

Lou The Fisherman
10-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Where?
If it snows and freezes over in the winter, then Summer is the best time to go fishing.
But Spring's rush to spawn is when you'll catch the heaviest fish, females full of eggs. You'll also have plenty of hungry fish after the low food availability of Winter.
Fall is when the fish are stocking up for Winter. Fattening up before cold weather sets in. So, the fishing is phenomenal that time of year.

On the other hand, if you're in the South, where it's in the triple digits for most of the Summer, then Winter might be a better time to go fishing.
There is no Fall rush to fatten up, but there is still the Spring rush to spawn.

Jason, what kind of fishing do you do? Fresh - Salt? What Lakes?

Snapshot
10-05-2016, 11:50 PM
The Baytown Sun just ran an article saying the next 60 days will be the best time of the year, in the Galveston Bay areas. Most of us are seasoned and don't want to fish in really hot weather so my guess would be spring or fall for the lakes.

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
10-06-2016, 03:50 AM
A guy I know, who will remain nameless, has said
"When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!"
I have reserve confidence in some of his cough syrup ramblings but believe him to be right on this occasion. If not I'll drink to it and go fishing anyhow.

Lou The Fisherman
10-06-2016, 09:15 AM
Boy this cough is getting better every day. L O L
Time to go fishing!

vett0111
10-12-2016, 01:37 AM
As others have said what area you plan on fishing? Fresh water or saltwater?

SKsCrappie
10-12-2016, 03:20 PM
A guy I know, who will remain nameless, has said
"When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!"
I have reserve confidence in some of his cough syrup ramblings but believe him to be right on this occasion. If not I'll drink to it and go fishing anyhow.

Cough syrup eerrrr not I'ma be feeshn evar chance I get, there is a year round season four'em......LOL