PDA

View Full Version : Hamblen Road/San Jac New Launch?

Cajunbass1
10-31-2016, 01:01 PM
Well, last year that old edgewater ramp was clear enough and there were some folks launching there. Then gate was locked again and fence posts painted purple on top ( no trespassing paint for when you dont fence in whole area) and there has been no activity for couple of months. I was in river yesterday behind FC apartments and the old place that I have heard called Blairs had some extensive site work going on yesterday morning. The cleared up to rivers edge and I could see concrete remnants of old ramp and it was almost 50 yds wide. They were clearing a lot yesterday. Possibly they are going to open this up. IF you are going down Hamblen there is a white fence on the R and a locked gate, that is the road to it. Maybe wishful thinking but who knows. I have a pic but dont know how to attach.

dan_wrider
10-31-2016, 02:57 PM
Send it to me and i'll attatch it. That would be great news if it is happening! I think you still have my #?

dan_wrider
11-01-2016, 03:59 PM
Got the pics! My aunt and uncle used to live right there in the old trailer park before the flood of 94 where they lost everything. Would love to see that place open up!

mikechell
11-01-2016, 04:16 PM
In the terms of Jeff Foxworthy ... "Mayonnaise some good looking water there!"

vett0111
11-02-2016, 01:13 AM
Thanks for getting us some pics.

Thanks for posting pics Dan.

Cajunbass1
11-02-2016, 08:27 AM
IN one of the pics my bow lights are plugged into seat post, that is where my daughter Emory likes that thing, although I trip over it a lot!! Will keep the board posted on whats happening over there. And yes water looks great in the river, 75 degrees, and a bit low it would seem. The state cleaned up ALL debris under bridge from floods, at least above the surface. The sandbar right there at the Spring/W Fork split extends a lot further out, we tried in the summer to get into spring and got stuck, might affect fish moving up into the creeks this year. Need some rain.

Cajunbass1
11-08-2016, 08:30 AM
They were working again Sat this week, got it cleared even more, no signage up or anything, but you can see where they cleared ramp concrete area better and old curb from former driveway there. Bad news, I got stuck 2x trying to go past 59 towards the creeks, gotta take friends aluminum to mark the channel, glass boat too heavy I guess.

vett0111
11-09-2016, 02:41 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted.

Lou The Fisherman
11-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Is this the old Blair Ramp area on Hamlin rd.??

dan_wrider
11-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Is this the old Blair Ramp area on Hamlin rd.??

Yes it is, Lou.

mikechell
11-10-2016, 03:21 PM
Wasn't there a movie about that place? The "Blair Ramp Witch" or something like that?