PDA

View Full Version : Fishing a la Mike Chell

mikechell
11-02-2016, 09:08 AM
I don't know why my other thread got closed, maybe 13 pages is the limit?
Anyway, since I also fish in other locations, I'll start a new one without the "Florida" designation.

Vette ... If it doesn't rain, I'll be fishing tonight. Look for a black KIA "Soul" ...

mikechell
11-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Just a sprinkle this evening. Didn't let it keep me from fishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVFjdoRxyx0&feature=youtu.be

Just after I got there, a "Life Flight" helicopter landed on the highway. I hope it wasn't anyone we know.

vett0111
11-03-2016, 12:32 AM
Nice going.

Thanks for posting video.

Work and traffic was tough today. I couldn't get to fishing spot before dark.

dan_wrider
11-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Man, you sure were jerkin'em out at will there.

mikechell
11-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys. Dan, edited video makes it look like a fish every minute.
I got to the water at about 5:20. Fished for about an hour.
I missed a few fish, and edited out a few that I didn't hold up to the camera.
But all in all, fishing the small creeks and outflows that no one else bothers with, is a blast for me.
Lots of little fish that have rarely seen an artificial lure/fly.
Every once in a while, there can be a deep hole with a surprisingly large fish in there.

Lou The Fisherman
11-03-2016, 04:12 PM
Nice leetle fishes there Mr. Mike. Nothing more fun than a fly rod.

vett0111
11-04-2016, 01:54 AM
Did you make it out today?

mikechell
11-04-2016, 06:56 AM
Got in late last night, Vett. Didn't even get online. I did get out, and I hit the same stretch, but a little farther up.
I included the process of taking a picture (still shot) to illustrate the reason I don't take many. Dropping the camera is a real possibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZn4J87OyDQ&feature=youtu.be

dan_wrider
11-04-2016, 08:46 AM
You sure can drop that fly wherever the heck you want it. I could see me spending a lot of time getting untangled from bushes.
Cool video. Thanks for sharing.

mikechell
11-04-2016, 09:22 AM
That's one thing that doesn't come across in the video, Dan. I'm walking in a flood control "bayou" or creek bed, with woods and embankment on both sides. Just over my head, the wind is whipping a lot faster than it is at the water's level. Getting the fly to go where I want it was difficult. The overhead part of the cast was being diverted, but once it dropped out of the airflow ...
Well, you're only seeing the casts that caught fish. I spend a bit of time getting the fly out of the weeds on the riverbank, you can believe that.

But thank you for the compliment. Being able to put the fly where I want it is no special skill, just 40 years of fly fishing.

vett0111
11-06-2016, 01:45 AM
Nice going. That's why I gave up fly fishing the spots I fish. Caught tons of weed fish and fly wasn't in the water. Lol. I still love seeing them hit the fly in your videos. Very cool to see them smash the top water plugs.

SKsCrappie
11-06-2016, 07:12 PM
Nicely done there Mike, I'm looking for you to pull a crappie out anytime now.....LOL
Wish our time was lined out so we coulda made a trip......

mikechell
11-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Fish from Toledo Bend. The water is about eight feet low, judging from the piers and docks being completely on dry land.

mikechell
11-06-2016, 07:30 PM
I got back early enough to do some fishing in the creek.

vett0111
11-08-2016, 12:38 AM
I got back early enough to do some fishing in the creek.

Looks like a non native fish. Any idea what kind it is ? Maybe just another color phase I've haven't seen.

mikechell
11-08-2016, 06:40 AM
Rio Grande Cichlid ... the only Cichlid native to the U.S.A.
They aren't invasive in Texas (their home range). The Louisiana anglers who catch them over there ... well, they consider them invasive and blame Texans!

vett0111
11-09-2016, 02:40 AM
Thanks for info Mike.

mikechell
11-09-2016, 10:36 PM
Pictures snatched from videos I have yet to post to YouTube.
Consider them "teasers".

vett0111
11-10-2016, 01:54 AM
This time change pretty much stopped my afternoon fishing trips. Dark by the time I get out of work.

mikechell
11-22-2016, 11:23 AM
Back home ... conditions jsut not very good. Bright skies, cold nights, full, bright moon and water's really high.
Caught a few over the past few days.

Saturday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVTpPXIwjGk&feature=youtu.be

This morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8URgsLWYkNA&feature=youtu.be

SKsCrappie
11-22-2016, 02:50 PM
Looks like fun.....
A couple of those beam were really lite up......

mikechell
11-22-2016, 07:55 PM
Thank you, SK.

dan_wrider
11-23-2016, 01:00 PM
Looks like an awful peaceful place you got into to perch jerk there. You see many gators out there?

mikechell
11-23-2016, 03:57 PM
On the sloughs and side channels, it can be wonderfully quiet. There's such a variety of habitat on most rivers, and this one is no exception.

There are 'gators everywhere. Generally, on warm days, you'll see them about every 50 to 100 yards. If there's a lot of boat traffic, you see fewer, since they go into the pads. I see a lot. Since I use the paddle to scull my boat, I make very little noise. I surprise sunning 'gators around most corners. That's why I know they are generally harmless to people. When they decide I am too close, they make a huge commotion diving into the water and showing up 20 yards or more away.

vett0111
11-24-2016, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the videos.

dan_wrider
11-24-2016, 08:32 AM
On the sloughs and side channels, it can be wonderfully quiet. There's such a variety of habitat on most rivers, and this one is no exception.

There are 'gators everywhere. Generally, on warm days, you'll see them about every 50 to 100 yards. If there's a lot of boat traffic, you see fewer, since they go into the pads. I see a lot. Since I use the paddle to scull my boat, I make very little noise. I surprise sunning 'gators around most corners. That's why I know they are generally harmless to people. When they decide I am too close, they make a huge commotion diving into the water and showing up 20 yards or more away.

You ever thought about fishing for one? Or caught one on accident?

mikechell
11-24-2016, 05:45 PM
I catch the odd young one, when I am fishing top water and they get to it before I can jerk it away.

Largest one I've had hooked, was about 8 feet long. It actually bit on a 2 inch blade bait and I had 20# test braid. I was fighting something BIG long enough to have two boats stop and watch. My arms were hurting when it finally started coming up, I was expecting a large salt water fish ... then this large 'gator surfaced about 20 feet from me. My lure was in the corner of it's mouth.
When I reached for my camera, it thrashed and dove for the center of the river. Snapped my line on that run.

dan_wrider
11-25-2016, 10:27 AM
I catch the odd young one, when I am fishing top water and they get to it before I can jerk it away.

Largest one I've had hooked, was about 8 feet long. It actually bit on a 2 inch blade bait and I had 20# test braid. I was fighting something BIG long enough to have two boats stop and watch. My arms were hurting when it finally started coming up, I was expecting a large salt water fish ... then this large 'gator surfaced about 20 feet from me. My lure was in the corner of it's mouth.
When I reached for my camera, it thrashed and dove for the center of the river. Snapped my line on that run.

That is very cool. I'm not much of a hunter anymore. In fact I haven't shot an animal that wasn't suffering in probably 20 years but I think I'd like to fish for gators someday. Plus I absolutely love the meat.
There doesn't happen to be one of your videos of the gator being caught, does there?

mikechell
11-25-2016, 04:17 PM
No, Dan, no videos of 'gators on a hook. It'll probably happen sometime, but the last time I hooked one was before I got the GoPro.

Here's today's trip. I got a 6 to 8 pound Bowfin today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwWPQTSyWeM&feature=youtu.be

vett0111
11-26-2016, 01:39 AM
No, Dan, no videos of 'gators on a hook. It'll probably happen sometime, but the last time I hooked one was before I got the GoPro.

Here's today's trip. I got a 6 to 8 pound Bowfin today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwWPQTSyWeM&feature=youtu.be

Man that bowfin had to be blast to on a fly rod. Do you catch many of them?

mikechell
11-26-2016, 08:13 AM
That one is only the 3rd or 4th one on a fly. With regular gear and soft plastics, fishing for bass, I catch them a little more frequently. They don't make long runs, as you can see on the video, but they keep surging away when you get them close to the boat. Makes them fun to catch, and with every surge, the chance they'll break off or shake the hook increases.

With their mouthful of teeth and strong bite force, they tear up lures.

vett0111
11-28-2016, 02:14 AM
Yes they are a mean tough looking and fighting fish. I've caught them bass fishing as well. They will smash a top water bait.

mikechell
11-28-2016, 08:45 AM
I've had them crack hollow plastic floating minnows.

Gentleben
12-07-2016, 04:04 PM
Me and you need another fishing session and hey thank you for all the stuff you contribute to this board, just became a free agent last week give me couple weeks to clean up the hacienda and well go catch a few bass

mikechell
12-07-2016, 06:09 PM
I sure would take you up on that, if I was there, Ben. Home, enjoying the warm weather for another day before the cold front gets here.

Gentleben
12-07-2016, 08:45 PM
let me know when ur in tow nand i'll put one of m yman ynbaost in the water !!!!!!!!!!

mikechell
12-16-2016, 07:53 AM
Since Vett brought up the weather on the shout box ... I thought I'd bring it up here.
Cool start to the morning, but it'll be 77 by this afternoon. And the forecasts are for another warming trend through the weekend and into next week.
I've spent the last several weeks getting things cleaned up and settled around the house.

I should have some fish pictures tomorrow, after spending some time chasing sunfish for the freezer !!!

Gentleben
12-16-2016, 11:29 AM
Thank you so much for your contributions gives my competitive potlicking buddies something to look at!!

vett0111
12-17-2016, 09:29 PM
Since Vett brought up the weather on the shout box ... I thought I'd bring it up here.
Cool start to the morning, but it'll be 77 by this afternoon. And the forecasts are for another warming trend through the weekend and into next week.
I've spent the last several weeks getting things cleaned up and settled around the house.

I should have some fish pictures tomorrow, after spending some time chasing sunfish for the freezer !!!

Good luck out there. Can't wait for the report

mikechell
12-27-2016, 05:07 PM
This morning was a Crappie time! I only had a few hours on the water, but it was Crappie the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wED9H2Yj5RI&feature=youtu.be

SKsCrappie
12-27-2016, 08:56 PM
Heck yeah.....you can't never say never any more...LOL
Look like you pulled right at a limit of crappie out of there....
WTG Mike.....

Gentleben
12-27-2016, 10:18 PM
Pretty dag gum impressive fly fisherman you are there Mike !!!
Thank you for the videos and pics !!

vett0111
12-27-2016, 10:55 PM
Awesome job. Thanks for video

Cool to see that bass come flying out the water. Do you catch a lot of crappie on fly rod? Might sound crazy but I have never seen anyone catch a crappie while fly fishing.

What fly were you using if you don't mind me asking?

dan_wrider
12-28-2016, 06:53 AM
You gonna have Killa eyeing the St. Johns river you keep posting stuff like that lol.
Very cool, Mike. Thanks for sharing.

Gentleben
12-28-2016, 08:03 AM
there is no limit on threads tah t iknow off i'll look into why it got closed
I don't know why my other thread got closed, maybe 13 pages is the limit?
Anyway, since I also fish in other locations, I'll start a new one without the "Florida" designation.

Vette ... If it doesn't rain, I'll be fishing tonight. Look for a black KIA "Soul" ...

Lou The Fisherman
12-28-2016, 10:26 AM
My goodness Mike that had to be a fun trip. Most fish were keeper size and those Crappy had to be 10 to 12 inchers. You threw back some mity fine eating my man.

mikechell
12-28-2016, 03:56 PM
First, thanks everybody, for the kind comments.

SK ... the limit, here, is 25. I caught a lot that day, but no limit.
Ben ... Thank you. I have fallen in love with fly fishing. I might not catch huge numbers, but it's the more fun than any other way, to me.
Vett ... No, surprisingly, I've rarely caught them on a fly before. I wasn't expecting any on that trip, either. Most of the people who target Crappie have been reporting limited catches so far. I caught most of them on my Panfish Attractor.

Ben, no problem on the other thread. This one is running fine, now.

Finally, Lou ... I've caught so few Crappie that I wasn't knowledgeable on specifications. I was only keeping fish 10 inches or longer. I now know there is no size limitations.

mikechell
12-28-2016, 05:33 PM
Every fish but one, today, came on that same fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JZRHfDPqow&feature=youtu.be

vett0111
12-29-2016, 02:09 AM
Nice job. Those bass blowing up on the fly was awesome. I enjoy catching fish of any kind. Guess it's the bass fishing blood I have. Is why I just love seeing bass smash a lure

Thanks for posting.

Lou The Fisherman
12-29-2016, 08:04 AM
Some 2 and 3 pound LMB's, some quality crappy and some very large hand sized bluegills caught on those pan fly's. I noticed they were biting your copper color, green, yellow. That fly sinks so i'm guessing you are letting it go down about a foot before you start working it back to the boat??

Great job of catching.

That StJohn's river appears to be so peaceful. I never see any waves, never see any 20 - 30 MPH winds. Never see any Boats - Jet Fleas.

mikechell
12-29-2016, 08:50 AM
Vett: That first bass ... I was sight casting to the blow-up seen ... I didn't know the camera had drifted off the spot. That bass launched itself at the fly, but the camera missed it. I am really glad the second fish's hit IS on the camera.

Lou: The Panfish Attractor does sink, but it's a slow drop. On many of the retrieves, I start bringing it back as soon as it hits the water. I try to keep it within a few inches of the surface. I am usually fishing water that is less than 3 feet deep in those situations. But there are areas with deeper water, and there I'll let the fly sink 'til I think it's on the bottom. Usually, the hit comes as it's falling.

LOL The St. Johns River IS a tranquil place, when I am fishing it. I usually don't even put the boat in if the winds are going to be more than 15 MPH. I can handle fishing in the rain, as long as it's not windy. I can handle fishing when it gets a little cool, as long as it's not windy.
I hate fishing in the wind. I control the boat with a paddle and anchors. This gets very frustrating when the winds get too strong.

dan_wrider
12-29-2016, 08:59 AM
Must have done it a few thousand times, but you still smile every time you hook up. Ain't fishing great.

Gentleben
12-29-2016, 09:16 AM
that spome nice eattin gsize there mc

Gentleben
12-29-2016, 09:19 AM
is that a may fly fly you chuncking?? Brought me one next time yu come to town ??
Think igot some in my arsena l dont know where it is ....

mikechell
12-29-2016, 09:31 PM
Ben ... it's the fly posted back on #47. I did tie you some a few years ago. Again, it's going to be a while before I get to Texas ... but I'll bring you some.

Dan ... every fish. I've never lost that "first fish thrill" I got when I was 6. Indeed, fishing is fantastic.

Gentleben
12-29-2016, 10:04 PM
I know !!!!!!!1 jus twanted yo uto say it

SKsCrappie
12-29-2016, 10:29 PM
Nice catchn there Mike...Lookin like you've gotten those crappie figured out...Thems some great BIG ole bream & they're putting up just aahh good a fight as those bass....NICE

vett0111
12-30-2016, 01:20 AM
Must have done it a few thousand times, but you still smile every time you hook up. Ain't fishing great.

Yeah that fish catching smile is great. Sm, little, big or monster fish. That bump on the line will bring a smile.

mikechell
01-02-2017, 10:53 PM
After my last two trips and the nice Crappie they produced, today was a little slow. NO Crappie, one Bluegill and some small bass. I also included some misses, just to show I don't always set the hook right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T7q6LFF4qM

vett0111
01-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Love the videos. Thanks for posting.

SKsCrappie
01-03-2017, 08:00 AM
With all y'all having all this Go Pro fun think I'ma check into getting one....side note...mine gonna be on a 20'pole
Any advice on the best camera would be appreciated.....not to hijack Mike's board.....LOL
Mike some of those BIG gills sure would be tasty fried up whole......
You making me wanna get out to Sheldon to test my fly skills on some of the gills in there.......

SKsCrappie
01-03-2017, 08:02 AM
It's that ST John's all fresh water or brackish?

mikechell
01-03-2017, 10:04 AM
As the river flows, I am more than 150 miles from the ocean, so we only have fresh water here. But we do have the occasional Snook or Redfish caught in the area, and Skates aren't unusual. We also get the spawners, Striped Bass and American Shad.

You don't need to watch this if you're not interested, but it's a 7 minute run down the St. Johns River (down = north on this river). Couple of fish at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLXvyyodtCs

dan_wrider
01-03-2017, 11:03 AM
What a desolate ride. Man, you run a boat 7 mins in a place like that here I bet you pass a few other boats on the water.

SKsCrappie
01-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Thanks fer tha boat ride Mike.....
DW you ain't kidding.....we woulda had to come off plane sixty times to run that far &passanother fifty boats running....
Mike what are ya tha only fisherman in those parts or what.....
Looks like a very peaceful place to down spend time....and catch a few feesh...

Gentleben
01-03-2017, 06:32 PM
that was so cool i fell asleep!!:DancingChicken:

mikechell
01-03-2017, 09:32 PM
There are parts of the River that have much more boat traffic, but that run was on a stretch that is fairly "out-of-way".

vett0111
01-04-2017, 12:43 AM
Man those lilie pad fields is an area i'd like to chunk a top water front in.

mikechell
01-05-2017, 08:27 PM
On another site, the question was posed, "What part of fishing do you like best?" My answer was, "The hook set". Almost every hook set feels solid for a fraction of a second. So, anything could be on there, for that short amount of time.
So, I put together a video of hook sets and pictures of fish from 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLSk-UJamp8&feature=youtu.be

vett0111
01-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Cool video. Love the hook set as well.

mikechell
01-05-2017, 10:35 PM
Yesterday's catches. Short morning on the water, as the wind started kicking up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NesuKceb9js&feature=youtu.be

SKsCrappie
01-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Looks like lotsa fun.....

vett0111
01-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Love the video

Man I really like the bass hittin the flies

mikechell
02-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Finally, after 6 weeks on the road, I am going home for a two week stretch. I hope to do some fishing, weather permitting !!!

vett0111
02-17-2017, 11:39 PM
Get some R & R in mike. But not to much cause it will cut into your fishing time. Lol.

mikechell
02-25-2017, 03:35 PM
This morning was pretty. Sun and foggy, but warm. We just got over an inch of rain over the past 24 hours, and that had the river messed up. In some spots, it's flowing backwards or not at all. THAT, of course, has most fish completely spooked, and I got no hits at all on the open river.
I did get ONE hit, in the mouth of Lake Jessup. Unfortunately, I didn't get video of it. The Sun was shining directly into the camera.
But I did catch that one hit, and the fight was a good one.

I was only using the flies I've tied over the past 6 weeks in the hotel. Not the best of conditions for testing, so I can't say much about any of them, yet.
That Tilapia did take this one ...

It wasn't hooked deep, since I am sure it had only picked the fly up off it's bed to move it. More testing when I get the chance!!!

dan_wrider
02-25-2017, 05:28 PM
I bet it was a good fight. You sposed to kill those in Florida, Mike?

mikechell
02-25-2017, 08:49 PM
No, Dan, but it is illegal to transport live fish. Can't take them home to clean in a live well, they must be dead.

vett0111
02-26-2017, 01:04 AM
Wow that's a bigun. Been a while since I've reeled a tilapia.

Cool pic Mike

dan_wrider
02-26-2017, 10:39 AM
No, Dan, but it is illegal to transport live fish. Can't take them home to clean in a live well, they must be dead.

You ever eat the talapia?

mikechell
02-26-2017, 08:37 PM
Yep ... as good as any Sunfish I've ever eaten.

SKsCrappie
02-27-2017, 07:48 AM
I'll bet that feesh did put up a good fight.....NICE

mikechell
02-28-2017, 03:39 PM
Got a little wading in today. Angela Lake used to look like this ...
... and had some really nice sized fish in it.

Now, with this part of Florida still in drought conditions, it looks like this ...
... I waded the bold red line. Caught the only fish of the day at the star.

Sad to see the lake so depleted.

SKsCrappie
02-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Why is it so low? Ain't y'all been getting some good rain?

mikechell
02-28-2017, 10:08 PM
Some parts of Florida are good. Having at or near regular rain totals.
In this part, however, we are still more than 10 feet below normal.

vett0111
03-01-2017, 12:51 AM
Wow. Figure the gators would be bunched up there.

mikechell
03-01-2017, 06:05 AM
Yeah, they're around. But I've been wading ponds since I got here in '92. Never had a 'gator bother me. I've had them follow a top water lure to within 6 or 7 feet of me, but they always take off when they see me there.

I waded and float tubed Sheldon Reservoir (loved that place) for a couple of years. Saw some there, also, none ever bothered me.

Alligators are not known for taking large prey, unlike Crocodiles, so they generally stay away from people.

Lou The Fisherman
03-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Yeah, they're around. But I've been wading ponds since I got here in '92. Never had a 'gator bother me. I've had them follow a top water lure to within 6 or 7 feet of me, but they always take off when they see me there.

I waded and float tubed Sheldon Reservoir (loved that place) for a couple of years. Saw some there, also, none ever bothered me.

Alligators are not known for taking large prey, unlike Crocodiles, so they generally stay away from people.

It's that one that is a little near sighted and can't tell if i'm a small calf or deer. I'll pass and stay in da boat.

mikechell
03-01-2017, 04:42 PM
:p

vett0111
03-01-2017, 11:51 PM
It's that one that is a little near sighted and can't tell if i'm a small calf or deer. I'll pass and stay in da boat.

Yup I hear ya.

mikechell
03-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Well ... we do call it "fishing", not "catching". Good thing, too, since I didn't do ANY catching today. What I did was clean ice out of the rod guides. And see a little wild and not so wild life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQfu4Xz1Qro&feature=youtu.be

vett0111
03-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Heck what do you mean you didn't catch anything?!?!? You could of fill an ice chest with all those ice chunks. Lol.

Just messin with ya. Been a long long time since I fished and fought with ice on the fishing pole. Sure don't miss it one bit. Lol.

Thanks for video

dan_wrider
03-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Ok... What the heck was that at 24 seconds that jumped in?

mikechell
03-12-2017, 10:35 PM
LOL That was the Muskrat. They live in burrows under the bank. Spook the bejesus out of you if you aren't aware of them.

mikechell
03-21-2017, 12:46 PM
Oh, the relief !!! I am back home, in the habitable State of Florida. 83 wonderful degrees today ... supposed to stay near this through the weekend.
I fully expect to have some fishing (AND catching) pictures or videos after the weekend !!!

SKsCrappie
03-21-2017, 10:21 PM
GL Mike......

vett0111
03-22-2017, 12:53 AM
Yes your back in much better weather. Get out there and give them fishies sore lips from those new flies you tied

mikechell
03-26-2017, 02:04 PM
AHHHH !!! It's so good to be home !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBW6gYeeaWQ&feature=youtu.be

SKsCrappie
03-26-2017, 05:27 PM
Yeap you're back to enjoying feeshn again.....

How many different flies did you use?

mikechell
03-26-2017, 10:12 PM
The bass took a top water I've decided to call my Royal Spider.
Purple and white foam laminated together with gold and silver embroidery thread for legs.

One or to came on a Fluffy Minnow,
tied with one feather for all the parts except the eyes.

Most of the fish came on the "Mop flies".
Tied with the nubs of a car washing glove and black foam eyes.

SKsCrappie
03-27-2017, 08:10 AM
SAAAWEET....
It's special kinda enjoyment catchn on something you made yourself.....
I love it.....

mikechell
03-27-2017, 09:51 AM
Yep ... me too !!

vett0111
03-28-2017, 01:49 AM
Nice. Thanks for video. Love the bass

Lou The Fisherman
03-28-2017, 09:59 AM
Mike, that Royal Spider and Fluffy Minnow are awesome looking lures. Looks like they could or would catch a fish on each cast.
That was a nice LMB you caught and landed.
I lived and worked in Chicago for 13 years so i know all about that cold weather up there.

mikechell
03-31-2017, 11:06 PM
Short video from the 30th. I forgot my extra batteries, so I only got one battery's worth of video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3hG9W11Lyc&t=1s

vett0111
04-01-2017, 02:11 AM
Water looks nice. Weather looked beautiful too

SKsCrappie
04-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Lotsa beautiful areas on those waters.....Nice catchn.....

mikechell
04-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Yahoo !!!
In less than two weeks, I'll be in Hawaii !!!
I hope to rent a kayak for the weekend I am there ... fish for Peacock Bass on Lake Wilson.

vett0111
04-07-2017, 02:22 AM
Yahoo !!!
In less than two weeks, I'll be in Hawaii !!!
I hope to rent a kayak for the weekend I am there ... fish for Peacock Bass on Lake Wilson.

For work or vac? Get us some pic from there. Very exciting buddy.

mikechell
04-07-2017, 06:45 AM
Work, all expenses paid trip ... I just have to put in 8 hours a day to earn it. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it !!!

Lou The Fisherman
04-07-2017, 01:47 PM
A Peacock Bass on your flyrod is gonna be a hand full my man. Hang on. sounds great.

mikechell
04-10-2017, 11:35 AM
I don't remember if I posted these pictures the last time I was in Hawaii or not. I did get to do some fishing on that visit, but not as much as I'd hoped.
This is a "Jeweled Ciclid" ...
And a "Red Devil Ciclid" ...
Both caught from the only fresh water lake on the Island of Oahu, using a fly rod.

This was also caught on that lake ...
But on a plastic worm with a spinning rod.

I sure hope to get up there and fish that lake with more time and a boat of some kind.

vett0111
04-12-2017, 01:01 AM
I never would of thought bass would be in Hawaii. Guys they vac there too. Lol

mikechell
04-12-2017, 05:59 AM
I think most of the fish in that lake are imported. Some have flourished, some didn't.

SKsCrappie
04-12-2017, 06:52 AM
NICE coloring on those 1st two.....

Lou The Fisherman
04-13-2017, 08:50 AM
Beautiful colors on those fishes Mike. And have a good time while in Hawia Five 0.

mikechell
04-17-2017, 10:05 PM
No fishing yet ... but here's where I am staying ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrz5FfW2oes

vett0111
04-17-2017, 10:34 PM
Have a great time.

Thanks for taking us along buddy.

mikechell
04-23-2017, 03:28 PM
Well, I spent the day, yesterday, getting sunburned on Stan Wright's boat. If you've ever seen the Hawaii based show, "Let's Go Fishing" you've probably seen Stan. He was a professional photographer and videographer for many other shows and venues, too. He's retired from most of that, and we weren't on the water as "Guide/client" but as two old timers fishing for fresh water fish on Lake Wilson on Oahu.
Unfortunately, we caught as many fish in the last two hours as we had the previous 6 or so. When I put the last battery in the GoPro, I didn't hit the button correctly, and we didn't get ALL the fish we caught on "tape".
But we still caught enough different kinds on video to show how fun the day was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECqLHOdT9zY&t=2s

SKsCrappie
04-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Wow....those were some purdy ones...NICE catchn y'all......

dan_wrider
04-23-2017, 05:05 PM
Beautiful fish! Very cool!

mikechell
04-26-2017, 03:01 AM
Spinning gear this time. Just couldn't buy a hit with the fly rod.
Caught a little Jack off one of the base beaches. Swipes at a top water ... not enough to make me want to seriously take up salt water fishing. But fun after work ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lpNS4HpWdE&t=80s

vett0111
04-28-2017, 12:42 AM
Pretty cool video. Thanks for Sharing

mikechell
05-10-2017, 02:02 PM
My personal best bass ... 9 pounds 13 ounces. Caught from Lake Dupont back around 2006.

This is where the water levels were in 2006. This was two years after three hurricanes filled up all the lakes and ponds. We'd already been in a 5 year drought when they hit. They revitalized everything ... but we haven't had a good year of rain since.

The most recent Google Earth picture. Dupont is the area above Elkcam Road.

SKsCrappie
05-10-2017, 10:33 PM
Wow.....that's a huge difference......bet there are a lot of gators that have had to find new residence....
Bet it has affected the feesh population big time also...

mikechell
05-11-2017, 07:54 AM
The 'gators stayed long enough to eat the largest fish, as they became available due to shallow water.
These lakes ... Dupont and Angela ... still have some small fish in them, as they still have water.
But anything that STARTED as a pond, is now gone.
Trout Lake

My local retention pond ... used to be, anyway.

Lou The Fisherman
05-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Thats sad to see Mike. Here's hoping for some rain. Or at worst case you need a hurricane!

mikechell
05-16-2017, 07:20 AM
So, I was out yesterday for about 5 hours. I caught 4 bass, each over 15 pounds ... 3 gar that were longer than my 14 foot jon boat ... a few dozen Bluegill, each well over 3 pounds ... and I saved some people from their burning house boat buy tilting my outboard and using the spray to put out the fire.
Of course, after clearing the SD card from Saturday's trip, I forgot to put it back in the GoPro, so there's no video of any of that !!! You'll just have to believe me !!! ;)

But, I do have that video from Saturday, with the usual batch of colorful little fish from the St. Johns River.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlktoR4uu50&t=2s

SKsCrappie
05-16-2017, 08:10 AM
LOL....
At the beginning I was like WOW.....he had a killer trip....then I was like.....LOL....he juss bs'n....LOL
NICE vid by tha way....

dan_wrider
05-16-2017, 10:11 AM
Wade fishing as well! You do it all Mike! Nice video bro.

mikechell
05-16-2017, 10:18 AM
Yeah, SK. All BS ... but it's what I expect every time I fish without a camera. These days, "if there no pictures, it didn't happen."

I just "know" I am going to catch that trophy fish when I have no way to record it. I sure hope I am wrong.

SKsCrappie
05-17-2017, 06:36 AM
Yeap....it would make a good mount though....

mikechell
05-17-2017, 05:27 PM
No fish stories today. I remembered the GoPro AND the SD card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocOHhk9NJK0&feature=youtu.be

SKsCrappie
05-18-2017, 12:33 AM
Wow...all that water to yourself....amazing....

Very nice gills & red breast....Yeap you caught a few ditch pickles too....LOL

vett0111
05-18-2017, 11:41 PM
I couldn't get video to show.

I'll try again later.

mikechell
05-28-2017, 03:30 PM
The day before Memorial Day ... and it was windy and "boaty" out there. But I got into an oxbow that sheltered me from the worst of the wind and the boats. Glad I did, as the Bluegill were hitting good in there.
Tossed the clips of the smaller ones on the cutting room floor (except a couple, to prove I caught some). Only the largest ones made it through editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGEV4mqqSKo&feature=youtu.be

SKsCrappie
05-28-2017, 04:00 PM
Dandy gills....

AthensMike
05-29-2017, 02:02 PM
WOW!
Vacation week. WOO HOO! Gonna catch a dozen or so from the pond one day this week for dinner.

Lou The Fisherman
05-30-2017, 01:08 PM
Oh my goodness there Mr. Mike, sure wish i was with you. Man catching those hand sized bluegills and watching them double up a flyrod is just too much fun.
And excellent table fare to boot. You could fillet those but i personally prefer them whole.

mikechell
05-30-2017, 05:55 PM
When I was very young, my Grandma (who was an avid bait-n-bobber angler and fish fryer) got a fish bone stuck in her throat. I am sure, now, that she wasn't as close to death as I thought then, but it scared me enough.

I fillet EVERY fish I keep.

mikechell
06-03-2017, 09:52 PM
A short time on the water, this morning. I got ... upset ... at some inconsiderate boaters and lost my "enjoyment factor", so I left the water before 11:00.

Still managed to hook a few nice ones before that happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJvI7FHBFA&feature=youtu.be

SKsCrappie
06-04-2017, 06:57 AM
Mike I dint think you had that problem......well you still have it several times less than we have to deal with inconsideratess over here...
You still got on some good feesh.....

mikechell
06-04-2017, 08:37 AM
I know that rudeness is the norm these days. You run into it all the time on the roadways.

It's gotten so bad on the water, now, that I've stopped waving at other boaters. I just pretend they aren't there and get off the water when it gets too bad.

Fortunately, as you've noticed, there are days when I don't see more than a half dozen boats all day.

Gentleben
06-04-2017, 07:37 PM
A lah mo MC good jobbbb!!!!!!!!!!!

vett0111
06-05-2017, 02:08 AM
Thanks for video

Lou The Fisherman
06-12-2017, 07:59 AM
excellent video Mike. Lots of different colors. The vegetation on the bank is outstanding. it looks like a fish should be on every sq. foot.
i'm surprised you didn't catch some LMB's?

mikechell
06-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Me too, Lou. I usually hook a few Bass during a morning of fishing. But the last two videos were from a more "crowded" section of the river. More bass anglers, by far, and more "sore mouthed" fish. A lot of times I am following a few boats through an area, all of them looking for bass.
I come through with a small fly and catch all the little fish they didn't.

mikechell
09-27-2017, 07:57 AM
Let's see if this is fixed !!! If so, this post will have a video. My first afternoon fishing in Milwaukee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqqPGoFms7M

mikechell
09-27-2017, 08:00 AM
Okay, that worked. So here's another from up there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTDYvdT5xOc

mikechell
09-27-2017, 08:00 AM
And the final one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z01xBdklXmc

SKsCrappie
09-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Yes sir, glad to see you getn'em back up Mike..... good catchn... we're those small mouth bass in the 2nd & 3rd vids....

mikechell
09-27-2017, 11:34 AM
Thanks. Good to be "back".

Yep, Small Mouth out of the Milwaukee River. Actually walked through a down town park to get to the water.

SKsCrappie
09-27-2017, 03:45 PM
Cool....

Looks like they fight as hard as a spotted bass....

AthensMike
09-27-2017, 07:38 PM
Mr Killa, Mike. Been slammed at the job where the intranet actually works. Tomorrow is first slow day in weeks. Looking forward to watching a few new fishing videos. Can't wait.

Gentleben
09-27-2017, 09:36 PM
Thank yuu for your contributions

vett0111
09-27-2017, 11:32 PM
Cool small mouth bass. Love seeing them hit on top water lures.

Have you had a fish hit your lure after you throw it back in from catching a fish? Happen to me a couple times.

Thanks for videos.

mikechell
09-28-2017, 06:27 AM
Vett ... I've had that happen on the boat. I don't recall it ever happening while wading.
I HAVE had a fish snatch the fly during the fraction of a second it hits the water behind me. Usually, the fly does not touch down on the back cast. One instance where it's beneficial to let it, is when I am trying to rocket the fly under an over hang. Letting the fly, and a few feet of line, get to the water allows you to load the rod a little more, to impart more energy into the forward cast. Lets you cast the line closer to the water with more straight-line trajectory.
I've done that, and had the forward cast pull a fish out of the water and into the forward cast. Usual result is a fish slamming against the side of the boat or into my back.

vett0111
09-29-2017, 12:43 AM
To funny to think a fish hitting in my back while fishing.

I was fishing with a top water rat. Working it on top of the moss and weeds. Bass hits it and I reel it in. I took hook out of bass mouth and tossed it back to the water. As I was about to let bass back into water another bass hit the lure I had just tossed back into the water. That will wake you up fast. Lol.

mikechell
10-16-2017, 06:21 AM
Next trip is all booked.
I'll be in the Spring, TX area the weekends of November 4th/5th and 11th/12th.
Anyone know if the ponds and creeks are down, and still holding fish?
Anyone in the area want to take me fishing?

vett0111
10-16-2017, 10:24 PM
The place I go still doing great. You know the place.

mikechell
10-17-2017, 05:33 AM
Yep ... and that's exactly the news I was hoping for.
I was afraid the high water flows and flooding would wash out ALL those places.

Thanks, Vett.

SKsCrappie
10-17-2017, 08:19 AM
Holler back when those dates get closer.....I ain't that organized to set up a trip that far out but would like to get you a few thumps from them thar crappie.... if you're up for that challenge.....

mikechell
10-17-2017, 10:54 AM
That is one challenge I've been looking forward to since we had to cancel last year, SK.

We're on, whenever you can go.

AthensMike
10-17-2017, 07:24 PM
I would really enjoy seeing a video of y'all's trip.

Gentleben
10-17-2017, 10:12 PM
you know you will !!!!!!:DancingChicken:
I would really enjoy seeing a video of y'all's trip.

mikechell
10-22-2017, 08:21 PM
Got to do a little fishing today. Most of the boat ramps on the St. Johns River are closed, due to the excessively high water levels. So I hit a small lake near me ... Lake Talmadge. Every time I fish here, I catch some fish ... but they are not plentiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AIll0flGtE&feature=youtu.be

vett0111
10-23-2017, 01:50 AM
This same area that has been in drought conditions ?

Thanks for video

mikechell
10-23-2017, 05:58 AM
Yes, Vett, this is the area that was in serious drought conditions just a month ago. This year, and Hurricane Irma, relieved conditions significantly. Most of the ponds and small lakes that were low are now nearly at full pool. The places that were dry have water.
But, none of them are "full". And Lake Talmadge (where I fished) dropped back down more then 6 inches in just the last week. We're still in the grip of a two decade drought.
It takes 12 inches of rain to replenish 1 inch to the aquifer. The aquifer is estimated at almost 14 inches below normal. So, we need over 120 inches of water to even get close to full in the aquifer. Our normal average rainfall is 50 to 100 inches a year. Up until this year, We've been getting less than 20 since the mid 1990's.

The St. Johns River is immediately affected by rain run off from a HUGE drainage area. It doesn't accurately reflect drought conditions.

But I am encouraged. Fishing is STILL great in Central Florida !!!

mikechell
10-23-2017, 11:52 AM
SK ... I AM looking forward to going fishing with you. I am tying up some flies for my trips to the creeks after work ... but I have a question for you.

What do I need to bring with me when we go fishing? I'll have my regular travel stuff. Anything I should tie up?

SKsCrappie
10-23-2017, 08:11 PM
Those waters you feesh always look so peaceful....

Mike we'll mostly be vertical jigging, I have extra rods & minnas.....LOL.....No minnas will be required......I have & plenty of jigs..... just bring your type of drink & snacks....

mikechell
10-23-2017, 08:48 PM
Cool! I'll get in touch next week, we'll make plans then.

mikechell
10-30-2017, 09:36 PM
HEY !!!
I got out after work today. Spent a couple of hours on a small part of the creek. It's looking great, and the fish are doing fantastic !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zYgTgqcnlg&feature=youtu.be

vett0111
10-30-2017, 11:04 PM
Awesome job mike.

Bass looked very healthy

Oh yeah I know that area. Lol.

mikechell
10-31-2017, 06:20 AM
I don't know if ALL the creeks and bayous are doing as well, but your little stretch of water is amazingly healthy.

dan_wrider
10-31-2017, 10:21 AM
That lil stretch of water does seem to be doing pretty well. Great video, Mike. Thanks for sharing.

SKsCrappie
10-31-2017, 08:36 PM
Heck yeah...those were some gooderns....WTG Mike...

mikechell
10-31-2017, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys.

mikechell
10-31-2017, 09:07 PM
SK ... we still on for this weekend? Sorry I can't go on a weekday, when traffics eased up ...

vett0111
10-31-2017, 09:54 PM
I don't know if ALL the creeks and bayous are doing as well, but your little stretch of water is amazingly healthy.

I’ve fished this area for many many years. 20+. Have caught so many fishys there it not even funny. Jonathan loves fishing there. Biggest bass I caught there was over 6 lbs. Bass and other fishys are very healthy. It’s built up all around that area. Use to be cleaner and fish were stacked up on top of each other. Lol

mikechell
10-31-2017, 10:08 PM
I'll probably be there after work tomorrow.

vett0111
10-31-2017, 10:25 PM
Sounds good

SKsCrappie
11-01-2017, 12:12 AM
SK ... we still on for this weekend? Sorry I can't go on a weekday, when traffics eased up ...

How's Friday lookn for ya?

mikechell
11-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Looks like my student will be working on tasks until noon, or thereabouts, on Friday.
Slim ... very slim ... possibility he'll be done Thursday. I'll know by the end of today ... when I see where he's at for tomorrow.

AthensMike
11-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Good luck guys and I hope to see a video or photos or both.

vett0111
11-01-2017, 09:08 PM
Nice meeting ya today mike

mikechell
11-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Likewise. Hopefully, you'll be fishing there one day during the next couple of weekends .... when I am. Spend a little more time talking without little vampire bugs all around.

mikechell
11-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Pretty little fish from near Vett's fishin' hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8ZG8rPv9sM&feature=youtu.be

vett0111
11-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Love that place.

Fish look nice and healthy.

SKsCrappie
11-02-2017, 09:55 AM
Those greenies sure have done purdy colors specially when they are lit up while spawning..... good catchn Mike....

mikechell
11-02-2017, 10:06 PM
A little different take on video-ing. I cut out the unhooking part and held the fish in the picture a bit longer. Just too pretty to NOT be photogenic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p00NF2F2_1U&feature=youtu.be

SKsCrappie
11-02-2017, 11:43 PM
Another goodern....

mikechell
11-03-2017, 06:47 AM
Thank you, thank you kindly !!

mikechell
11-03-2017, 08:54 PM
Another day, different stretch of the creek. Not one bass in the area, that I could find. Caught a bunch of little sunfish ... just a couple of pictures of those.
Then I kept getting Rio Grande Cichlids. Guess it's just their 'hood !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZc3BwXQZZc&feature=youtu.be

vett0111
11-04-2017, 02:37 AM
Plenty of those Cichlid fish in that area.

mikechell
11-04-2017, 10:54 PM
All day. SK and I spent ALL day out there. Since this is from my head mounted camera, I don't have all of SK's fish. He did end the day with 8 or so in the live-well. I put two of them in there.
Each of my GoPro batteries last about 3 hours ... drained all three of them.
Of course, the two 10 pound bass, SK's three 4 pound Crappie and the alien abduction of another boater on the water all happened after the last battery died.

So here's a few minutes of the action we saw today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ1ir26EIhc&feature=youtu.be

Gentleben
11-05-2017, 05:16 AM
Thank you

SKsCrappie
11-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Next trip we'll both have fly rods & jigging rods.... although the fish didn't cooperate as expected it was a fun trip....

mikechell
11-05-2017, 08:10 PM
"Full Moon. The past week, and the videos, are the epitome of my theory of "lunar cycles". Monday (Texas 2017 001) was fantastic. Lots of hits, and good quality fish. The Moon was waxing gibbous, though.
Now we're just past full Moon. The fish can see to feed at night, and they don't need to during the day. Today's video is the shortest, with the least amount of fish. Proof, in my mind.
Next weekend will be fantastic again !!!"
<Excerpted, so you don't need to read the video info>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNhu9koZ_zE&feature=youtu.be

vett0111
11-05-2017, 10:52 PM
All day. SK and I spent ALL day out there. Since this is from my head mounted camera, I don't have all of SK's fish. He did end the day with 8 or so in the live-well. I put two of them in there.
Each of my GoPro batteries last about 3 hours ... drained all three of them.
Of course, the two 10 pound bass, SK's three 4 pound Crappie and the alien abduction of another boater on the water all happened after the last battery died.

So here's a few minutes of the action we saw today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ1ir26EIhc&feature=youtu.be

Great video. Looks like you guys had a blast. Not saying I don’t believe you , but story sounds kinda feeshy. Hehe

vett0111
11-05-2017, 10:58 PM
"Full Moon. The past week, and the videos, are the epitome of my theory of "lunar cycles". Monday (Texas 2017 001) was fantastic. Lots of hits, and good quality fish. The Moon was waxing gibbous, though.
Now we're just past full Moon. The fish can see to feed at night, and they don't need to during the day. Today's video is the shortest, with the least amount of fish. Proof, in my mind.
Next weekend will be fantastic again !!!"
<Excerpted, so you don't need to read the video info>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNhu9koZ_zE&feature=youtu.be

Pretty cool to see the crappie in there. Caught them there before just not e regular fish to catch there

dan_wrider
11-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Very cool, guys.. Thanks for sharing!

SKsCrappie
11-06-2017, 03:25 PM
I totally agree about the moon phases....

mikechell
11-06-2017, 10:02 PM
The two largest fish from this evening's trip.

vett0111
11-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Those fish have Cool color and pattern combo

Gentleben
11-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Your last thread got closed becasue after a couple pages most people (me included ) do not wast e time going thru the same thread . this one will close soon

mikechell
11-07-2017, 05:55 AM
Got it. I'll start thinking of a name for the new one when this one closes.

SKsCrappie
11-07-2017, 09:06 AM
So those cichlids put up a good fight?

mikechell
11-08-2017, 05:39 AM
They fight as hard as any Sunfish. Big, flat sides. When they turn sideways to you, they're not giving up easily.

SKsCrappie
11-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Cool...

mikechell
11-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Hit Spring Creek for a while this morning. Caught two. Fell once.
Then I went back to a stretch of the creek I'd hit during the full moon. I only caught 4 or 5 that trip ... I caught a lot more than that this time. I ran out of batteries for the GoPro ... so I didn't get them all on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44iN6mHz60U&feature=youtu.be

AthensMike
11-12-2017, 08:41 AM
You fell?? Hope you are OK.

vett0111
11-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Nice going.

That lil place is loaded with fishys. Crazy to know that area once or more times a year this area gets flooded. All those fish look very healthy.

mikechell
11-12-2017, 09:24 PM
Yeah, Mike ... other than my pride, no injuries. Slipped going down hill, landed going down hill, so not an "abrupt" stop. And it was mud and sand, so not like landing on concrete or ice. I'm fine.

Thank you for asking.

Vett,
I was talking to a guy today ... on the video I'll be posting, he says the flood reached the top of the ravine. It has ALWAYS amazed me how that kind of depth change and the resulting run off doesn't wash all the fish out of places like this. Those fish are amazingly healthy, and strong.

mikechell
11-12-2017, 09:48 PM
Your last thread got closed becasue after a couple pages most people (me included ) do not wast e time going thru the same thread . this one will close soon

I kind of understand ... but if you click on the little arrow, it takes you to the last post in the thread.
Anyway, I figured one thread for my contributions, rather than a new one each time I post.

I'll start a new one if you want to close this one any time soon.

mikechell
11-12-2017, 10:38 PM
A week after the full moon ... and the fishing is fantastic again! Had to break my video in two ...

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yfOtKB2LT8&feature=youtu.be

mikechell
11-12-2017, 10:38 PM
Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F14LP66yGjU&feature=youtu.be

vett0111
11-13-2017, 01:50 AM
A week after the full moon ... and the fishing is fantastic again! Had to break my video in two ...

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yfOtKB2LT8&feature=youtu.be

Bass at 2:50 part was a fighter.

Trains don’t phase them.

vett0111
11-13-2017, 02:01 AM
Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F14LP66yGjU&feature=youtu.be

Colors on those sunfish and bass are awesome. Those bass were smacking those flys. Cichlids were thick and not giving up easily.

Thanks for videos.

mikechell
11-13-2017, 05:51 AM
Trains, airplanes passing directly overhead, my shadow on the water ... most of the times, those fish hit no matter what. BUT, if they actually see ME, then they scatter. They'll still hit a few seconds later, but they do run from someone walking next to them.

Prettiest fish I've ever seen. No where else, even here in Texas, have I seen colors like these fish have.

SKsCrappie
11-13-2017, 08:39 AM
If'n I every quit fishn fer crappie fly fishn would be what I'd be doin... the challenge of casting a fly is next to the challenge of catchn crappie.... defiantly an art to it.... NICE catchn Mike....

dan_wrider
11-13-2017, 09:52 AM
Man, you been busy. Thanks for sharing the videos Mike!

mikechell
11-13-2017, 10:14 AM
LOL Being a bachelor without a house to care for, even temporarily, has its advantages.
Going fishing every day after work and both days on the weekend are top among those perks.

But after two weeks of this ... I am DEFINITELY ready to go home. Wednesday, I'm on a plane!