PDA

View Full Version : Gander Mountain close to bankruptcy ???

vett0111
02-11-2017, 11:34 PM
Looks like they are in trouble.

http://www.startribune.com/gander-mountain-said-to-be-nearing-bankruptcy/413493263/

http://www.reuters.com/article/gandermountain-bankruptcy-idUSL1N1FV1O2

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
02-12-2017, 04:36 AM
They have been in trouble since opening, I was glad to see the arrival of a store in Corsicana and shortly thereafter happy to see it close up. Gander Mountain just another way to say big sporting rip off.

Gentleben
02-12-2017, 08:39 AM
Most everytime i have been to Gander Moutain i leave without buyig anything and go to Academy to make my purchase..

I love their merchandise but it is too rich for my blood..
Thnak you for posting wiki news .

dan_wrider
02-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Never been in one. Hit up academy once a month or so and order everything else online.

mikechell
02-12-2017, 07:51 PM
I used to like Gander Mountain.
Their fly fishing department was pretty good, and not badly priced. Then they reduced it.
Their fishing department was pretty good, and not badly priced. Then they went high end and over priced it.
They tried converting to mostly gun sales, and started well. Then they quit, and never grew enough to make it work.

Now ... I just go into Gander Mountain to see if they have anything worth buying in the sale bins.

vett0111
02-12-2017, 08:15 PM
I like the store. I like going into different sporting goods stores. All have ups and downs. Agree their prices were higher than other stores.

SKsCrappie
02-12-2017, 11:30 PM
They dint have squat for crappie.....academy is right along with them with crappie feeshn section is constantly getting smaller & smaller....not that I ever bought much from any of'em....I get most my stuff off eBay....

dan_wrider
02-13-2017, 10:34 AM
They dint have squat for crappie.....academy is right along with them with crappie feeshn section is constantly getting smaller & smaller....not that I ever bought much from any of'em....I get most my stuff off eBay....

Same here Killa.