PDA

View Full Version : Guess i'm done with Luce

KenK1944
05-24-2017, 04:28 PM
After being off the water for a year due to back injury, I decided I needed to go to Luce Bayou.
Was disappointed to see that the sloped bank where I put in my yak has been cut into a sharp
bank. The only way I can get into my kayak is to slip it into the water and work my arthritic
body into it. If Ponderosa doesn't want senior kayakers they need to put up a sign. I didn't
notice the change until after I'd paid my $7.00. How hard would it have been to have shaved a
kayak launch area at on spot? I hate it too, because I enjoyed being on the
bayou. BTW, I did catch a couple of little bass off the bank.

SKsCrappie
05-25-2017, 07:01 AM
I've seen guys launch their yaks from the boat ramp between boats launching.....
Not sure if that would help you but they seemed to be able to get in & out without much trouble....

mikechell
05-25-2017, 08:15 AM
The park ... across the "bay" from the mouth of Luces. Is that a public park? If so, it looks like there's places there you could launch a kayak.

KenK1944
05-25-2017, 02:22 PM
The guys i've seen launch from boat ramps are a lot younger and stronger than I am. With my lower back still "delicate", one slip on that concrete and I'd be done. lol
And, I'll have to look into that park. Anyway, I'm done with Ponderosa and I hate that. It was ideal for going both ways on the bayou.

mikechell
05-25-2017, 07:23 PM
Way back ... about 10 years ago or so ... Ben took me out on Lake Houston. I caught this ...

From the waters around that park.

Lou The Fisherman
05-26-2017, 08:23 AM
That is a lunker bass for sure Mike. Great looking BASS

vett0111
06-03-2017, 11:36 PM
Way back ... about 10 years ago or so ... Ben took me out on Lake Houston. I caught this ...

From the waters around that park.

That's a nice bass.

vett0111
06-03-2017, 11:38 PM
The guys i've seen launch from boat ramps are a lot younger and stronger than I am. With my lower back still "delicate", one slip on that concrete and I'd be done. lol
And, I'll have to look into that park. Anyway, I'm done with Ponderosa and I hate that. It was ideal for going both ways on the bayou.
Have you tried BJ's marina?