PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of

SKsCrappie
05-25-2017, 08:56 AM
Getting into making YouTube vids of my crappie catchn trips.....

Any of y'all ever video your trip?

Anybody got recommendations on cameras, good or bad?

Been looking at the GoPro Hero 5......

There's a few guys on YouTube pushing for me to get into it & I'm almost ready to take on the challenge & show them how it's done...

No you won't be able to see my location so get that out of your minds....LOL

I'll be attaching the camera to a 10 or 12ft pole looking down so you'll get to see me, the water & the feesh fighting.....

Any info would help....

mikechell
05-25-2017, 01:00 PM
If you look at this video of mine (from last week):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlktoR4uu50

That's what you'll get with a GoPro. Wide angle lens, great picture clarity and long life per battery. (about 3 hours on a battery, so you'll want to have two or three batteries for a whole day on the water)

Your biggest problem with the GoPro ... It's VERY wide angle. On the video, pay attention to the close ups of the fish. To get the close ups, I am holding the fish 2 to 4 inches from the camera. When I am wading, I am no more than 20 feet from the camera. If you put the camera on a pole, you'll have to figure the right height to get sufficient detail. Personally, I don't like anything sticking up on my boat. I'd get it caught on trees and other over hangs way too often.

SKsCrappie
05-26-2017, 06:16 PM
Thanks Mike.......
That wife angle is the reason I'm seeing other brands.....
I don't need company on MY feeshn holes....Hehehehahahahaaaaaa

dan_wrider
05-26-2017, 08:27 PM
Killa, I don't know much if anything about recording while fishing. But I'd sure like to see your technique when yanking them crappie up at will.

SKsCrappie
05-26-2017, 09:42 PM
Coming to YouTube soon Dan.....

I'll be posting links here when I get started....

vett0111
06-03-2017, 11:47 PM
Get after it killa.

I have posted short videos but have never edited videos on YouTube.

mikechell
06-04-2017, 06:48 AM
I use Windows' Movie Maker program to edit my videos. It's a free program, if you're using a Windows OS.

Gentleben
06-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Yeah bwhahahaha , i came up on one off killahs fishing holes wit hKillah sittin gover i t one day as we searched fro the illusive bream , the look on his face was priceless , iould read his lips "O h **** it's G e n t l e b e n" i have not shared it nor wil l iever dont even fish i tas i respect other mans honeholes .
Thanks Mike.......
That wife angle is the reason I'm seeing other brands.....
I don't need company on MY feeshn holes....Hehehehahahahaaaaaa

SKsCrappie
06-04-2017, 11:08 PM
LOL....Mr GB if'n it's the stump I'm thinking about don't worry it's a community stump....There's lotsa folk that feesh it, most juss toss a minna over by it but I like to work my jig into the roots where the bigger feesh hang on that particular stump.....it's a good one so drop a jig in it next time.....

SKsCrappie
06-04-2017, 11:09 PM
Hey Mike you got any experience messing round with wireless mics?

mikechell
06-05-2017, 05:55 AM
Microphones? No. All wireless transceivers are basically the same, so what issues are you having?

SKsCrappie
06-05-2017, 11:20 AM
No issues, I'm still in research mode....

When I make my move I want all good moves....:DancingChicken:

mikechell
06-05-2017, 03:41 PM
OH, you mean wireless microphones for your videos !!! I don't know what I was thinking, my mind went to the electrical aspects and repair work :offtopic:

I know my GoPro doesn't have a remote microphone capability. I guess you'll need something like that, if you're going to mount the camera 10 or 20 feet away from you.
OR ... you can "narrate" the video. Many video editing software allows you to narrate over the recording. This allows you to talk a more "scripted" narrative of what's happening on screen ... and you don't have to worry about wind noise, equipment failures or wetting, etc.

AthensMike
06-05-2017, 08:13 PM
If I ever made a fishing video it would definitely have to be narrated. Not proud of this but I cuss like a sailor. When I miss a good fish or lose one in the sticks, I cuss. If I land a good one I cuss.
I'd like to see the videos Mr. Killa. I don't remember the last time I caught a crappie. But, my cousins wife landed a monster a couple months ago. Gonna see if he still has the photo. Pretty sure you would be impressed. Yep, I cussed when I saw this monster. Narrate.

SKsCrappie
06-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Thanks Mike, yes I've found limited info on wireless mics for the GoPro cameras....

AthensMike you're gonna enjoy my vids then cause if it's in the game it's gonna be in the vid.....LOL
It won't be too bad until I start talkn bout some of the shoe clerks we have to deal with on the lake.....