PDA

View Full Version : Fish Bans

RodBender54
08-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Since I sold my place on Lake Livingston I notice their are
now fish bans in place. White Bass, catfish and such. I guess polluted water coming down from the Dallas area?
My son that fishes lake Houston regularly told me that he heard the state was going to put in a pump station on the Trinity river and channel it over to Lake Houston. Any truth to this? My concern is will that in time also put lake Houston on the fish ban list? Let's hope not. We are losing our lakes and rivers!

vett0111
08-26-2017, 01:48 PM
Yeah the trinity has had fish bans or limited amount of fish to eat from it for years. All the pollution is terrible.

There is a thread on here with the pump station getting made. I'll see if I can find it.

AthensMike
08-26-2017, 02:51 PM
I lived in DFW most of my life. Still work there. The Trinity is awful. I am sure there are some folks who eat fish caught in it. I wouldn't, that's for sure. Vetto is absolutely correct about the pollution. The stench will make your eyes water.
Why would anyone think this is a good idea?

SKsCrappie
08-27-2017, 12:43 AM
money money money....... money.....
Over at the Lake Houston fishing board we put together a petition & sent it to tha idgets over yonder... we got a reply to everything that was sent in that basically said y'all shut up the big ballers has got this.....

SKsCrappie
08-27-2017, 12:44 AM
one of the reasons I've been putting a lil time in on Conroe... Houston will be off my list once they start pumping....

jackiekennedyfishingguide.com
08-27-2017, 06:23 AM
Note from Dallas: Flush twice it's a long way to Houston.

SKsCrappie
08-27-2017, 10:27 AM
LOL..... that trinity riva is as nasty as it can get.... the feesh thrive in it but it sure stinks up yonder at times....

vett0111
08-28-2017, 12:21 AM
Here are a couple threads on this

http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php/31975-Help-or-Hurt-the-fishing/page2?highlight=Livingston

RodBender54
08-28-2017, 06:56 AM
It's all getting a good purging as we speak.(just kidding) I hope and pray you guys are safe. No one wants this kind of rain. God is in control and it is all in his time. Take care fishing brothers!