PDA

View Full Version : Memorial day blowout

fishin'lunatic
05-29-2006, 06:48 AM
Well, at times even the best of plans go awry. My son and I were all fired up to fish the S.A.L.T. tourney and but things went south. Got ready to launch, turned the key, nothing. I had charged all the batteries the day before and got it all checked out. Checked everything then decided to take it to the shop. Jugger and I went and had breakfast. By then the wind was blowing at a pretty good clip. Found that the starter solenoid had gone bad. Told them to keep it so we headed to the bank. When we got back to Sabine it was whitecapping, bigtime. Told the Jugger, "Well son, looks like the good Lord was looking over us." It could've cranked at the launch but then we would have got caught in some pretty rough water. Anyway, we fished the bank but only managed a couple of hardheads then headed home to bbq some ribs for my wife's people that were visiting. But all was not lost. Jugger won a $100 walmart gas card and I got a marine compass as door prizes, plus the t-shirts. I will report whether we have a good day or a not so good day. Even forgot my camera. But hey, we were out there. Keep 'em tight, and God bless

dwaynez
05-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Sounds like you made the most of a tough day, congrats on the door prizes

BIGDAVE
05-29-2006, 05:33 PM
You must be living right! The Lord was looking over both of you. Heck ya'll still got to fish together, won prizes and ended the day eating BB with family. What more could a person want. Thanks for sharing.
:winner: