PDA

View Full Version : where to fish with no tide moving?

hobo247
06-22-2006, 06:51 PM
A friend is taking myself and my two boys fishing out to the Galveston jetty's on friday. We have been looking forward to this trip for some time, and I an concerned that there are only two tides friday. I have not had any luck fishing in Galveston when the water is still. Does any one have any suggestions such as where to go and what to throwThanks,
hobo

RECONER
06-23-2006, 04:39 AM
If the fishing at the jetties dosen't work, try to find some marsh areas and fish the mouths of the marshes- -FLOUNDER , SPECKLE TROUT AND REDFISH.
Try throwing soft plastics , top water , and don't forget LIVE BAIT.

waterspout
06-23-2006, 06:52 AM
you will be fine with no tide at the jettie. Just relax. Fish deep and set some shallow. Hang on to that rod. The mouth of the marsh's are simi freshish right now. Give them a few more days of no rain. Fish deeper water. fresh floats on top of the salt. I'd throw some bait on cork toward the rocks and tight line straight down. Good luck and hang on.

nightcrawler
06-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Yea waterspout is right. just fish deep with some fresh cut mullet, especially if you are fishing the boat cut. Hang on to that pole you have deep.

willie
06-23-2006, 05:04 PM
try free lining live shrimp against the rocks.

minner skinner
06-23-2006, 06:10 PM
once told by a guide this theory. the faster the tide the farther from ship channels or passes you can fish. the back waters will be moving. as the tide starts to slow these back areas will stop moving first. you then start to head toward areas closer to main channels and passes where the tide will be still moving. on a slow tide day i would try to fish the main channels and passes to maximize what tide there will be.

hobo247
06-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the tips, this is the kind of fishing forum i've been looking for with honest people with no agendas.
My boys had a great time, fishing was tough early but they didn't give up. Both caught a bull red, 27 lb. and 24 lb., both fish were over 36 inch. I had more fun watching them fight those fish with trout rods and light line, than if I would if I caught the fish myself.
we I should say they caught most of the fish was a real mixed bag. One trout,sail cats, spanish mackerl, and sharks.
thanks again for everyones help, my boys caught the biggest fish of their lives and made their Dad very proud.

Rockyfox2
06-24-2006, 01:31 PM
You will find the people on this forum share information freely and don't care about giving away secret spots.

I hope it always stays that way.

Let the 2coolers keep their noses in the air while we catch fish I say.

(Sorry I have a bit of a problem with the way no one will give you any tips if you ask on that forum)

croxt
06-24-2006, 03:57 PM
great story.....glad you had fun.......thanks for posting the results.....

willie
06-25-2006, 08:00 AM
way to go dad.were did you end up fishing.now post some pics:winner:

saundecw
06-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Glad you and the boys got into some fish. Those reds are a blast on light tackle.