PDA

View Full Version : APRIL GATHERING

cherylrw
12-28-2003, 03:55 PM
BJ,txcowboy,marktx and I will be hosting the April gathering at Cedar Creek Lake...

We are planning on having the gathering the weekend of 16,17, and 18th because thats when Mark and James should be home for 10 days. So everyone interested in coming please post here.

I need to know how many tent sites we need, rv sites and if anyone wants to stay in cabins?..We will be in cabins ourselves since we have babies.

If you have any questions about this gathering please post it here..
Thanks Cheryl

Warden
12-29-2003, 10:41 AM
i am hoping to be there, depends on alots of things that go on in jan. will let you know when things get closer, alll i will need is a camper space and room to drop three trailers.

cherylrw
12-29-2003, 11:10 AM
At Caney Cove there is NO dock you have to load and unload your boats at the public boat ramp which is about a mile if that up the road but then your boats can be tied at the camp if you like.That is what we do..This is a MHP / campground.You go thru the park to the back to camp on the lake.
It is a nice park it has restrooms and showers. Very calm atmosphere.
I will be going down in a week or so and talking with them about flying a banner the weekend of and about a discount if there will be a lot of us.
If I can find out how many are going I will be there and can go ahead and rent the lots...This is our summer home pretty much lol we are always there...

Warden
12-29-2003, 11:58 AM
I'll try to be there.

Gentleben
12-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Dang :cry: , that is my long weekend to work, :( i'll try to work out sometheing!! :lol:

01-01-2004, 05:58 AM
would love to come but so far i have to work that weekend but the beauty of it around here working is like texas weather dont like it sit back it will change. :P might try my "what ever you do boss do not let them change me to other shift " that usually works really good" :P

mrmakAUCTIONEER
01-12-2004, 07:46 PM
RUN INTO A JUG FISHERMAN wants to know what kind a contest we will have in ceder creek gatherin in april. went to hamilton texas deer processing plant and met a taxadermatist interested in competting in a catfish ternament on cedar creek in april . :D

Warden
01-30-2004, 12:31 PM
setting the dates for my vaction day for that weekend, is it still a go and what will i need to bring up

cherylrw
01-30-2004, 01:08 PM
It is still a go ! We are discussing going camping here in a little while ..So we will check on things while we are there.

Gentleben
02-01-2004, 12:05 AM
New things coming soon

Cheryl and BJ will be opening a new site real soon.It is called fancypress.com so give us a few days then come visit............................................. .................................................. ................... BJ,txcowboy,marktx and Cheryl will be hosting the April gathering at Cedar Creek Lake... They are planning on having the gathering the weekend of 16,17, and 18th because thats when Mark and James should be home for 10 days. So everyone interested in coming please post here. Cheryl will need to know how many tent sites we need, rv sites and if anyone wants to stay in cabins?..They will be in cabins ourselves since we have babies. If you have any questions about this gathering please post it here.. Thanks Cheryl http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=674 .................................................. .................................................. ........ Randy (thecatfishboat) is putting together a muster on Lake Conroe for the weekend of 26th-28th of march. this will be great and start our spread to fish Texas. Anyone and everyone should plan on attending and see what lake Conroe has to offer.check out this link for more details and to make suggestions. http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=770 .................................................. .................................................. ...........

cherylrw
02-16-2004, 09:02 AM
HERE IS THE DIRECTIONS TO CANEY COVE FOR APRIL..
http://www.caneycove.com/Directions.htm

Warden
02-25-2004, 10:31 AM
are there any motels near there, my wife may come with me.

cherylrw
02-25-2004, 10:07 PM
There isnt any really close no but they do have cabins.

Gentleben
02-26-2004, 01:33 AM
How much the cabins ?? they furnished , have cable, swimming pool???
Jackooosie??

Warden
02-29-2004, 05:02 PM
How much the cabins for 2 nights, do we need reservations?

cherylrw
02-29-2004, 10:03 PM
LOL ON JACUZZI....The cabins (new ones) hold like 8 people.They have 2 sleeping places up top 3 twin beds on one side one double bed on the other a bedroom with double bed and a sofa in the living room.It has tv kitchen yes furnished very nice..Never been in one of the old ones.They charge $75.00 night for the new ones.If everyone gets along you can go in and share a cabin.Thats we we usually do with my grown kids.

Warden
03-01-2004, 10:59 AM
we need a phone number to the place so we can reserve a cabin

cherylrw
03-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Caney Cove
Office phone: (903) 489-0639

Warden
03-01-2004, 11:35 AM
thanks, setting it up to join ya'll

cherylrw
03-01-2004, 12:02 PM
GREAT
WE'LL SEE YOU THERE

Gentleben
03-17-2004, 07:34 AM
here you go Dan it is the next weekend after the 10th!!

mrmakAUCTIONEER
03-19-2004, 09:06 AM
THIS MAY BE A PLUS fer every 1 involved maybe.
the 21st annual kckl 95.9 FM big bass tournament.
cedar creek lake, march 27 -28th 2004.
tournament headquarters. log cabin park.
www.fishingworld.com/kcklbass
may be some of our guys could enter that thing and maybe we could recrute a few of ders at same time eh?
fer our april gatherin back at cedar creek. a few of our bassers head up to cedar creek in march sent by us . and teke a few of theirs to our catfishin adventures next month whadiya think.?

CajunDan
03-20-2004, 07:13 PM
here you go Dan it is the next weekend after the 10th!!

I gotta work that weekend. It's my long week and gotta save the timebank for the summer.

Gentleben
03-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Aw Dan :cry: , come on man thought you'd meet some of the familia :cry: We gonna have a big jimdandy soon after the April event for all the new folks to meet .
In May, I am going to Lake TenKiller in Oklahoma to check out some hot spots , bosss wants me to check it out, so here I go!!

CajunDan
03-20-2004, 09:00 PM
The daughter is supposed to be goin back in the studio soon to put more on her CD so maybe then I can catch one. Supposed to be in the area the 26 - 28th but I don't know how much time I'll have.

cherylrw
03-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Ok, I know I will be at Cedar Creek April 16,17 and 18th .Mark will be in on the 10th . Can I get a show of hands,if you guys cant make it to Cedar Creek , now would be a good time for me to know LOL ,it's time for us to meet everyone on this board. If it is a bad time let me know and we will change dates Mark just wont be back for another 3 months after he leaves again.If we dont get together at CC I will be coming to Houston in May.Even if I gotta hunt down the places you guys go fishing to meet you.
Thanks Cheryl

mrmakAUCTIONEER
03-28-2004, 01:21 PM
:D DEFINATLY PLANNING ON being der for april gatherin at CC :o :shock:

Gentleben
03-30-2004, 03:58 AM
Not much mudcat you can swing it!!! Can't be as much as them at Castaways!! They sure were nice though!! :shock: :lol: :o

03-30-2004, 05:06 PM
im working all 3 days sorry will not make it

mrmakAUCTIONEER
04-01-2004, 11:01 AM
http://www.lakehouse.com/lakeinfo/cedarcreek_map.htm
cedar creek map link

Gentleben
04-01-2004, 08:36 PM
i won't be off til the following weekend of the gathering , that right Gato!! You can bet we would go if we were off :shock: 8) :oops:maybe next one

Gentleben
04-02-2004, 03:53 AM
Cheryl can you give us rebels some directions on the best way to get there from I-45 north .. Castnblast said he'd come if someone could put him on some crappie , that boy is hooked , line and sinker :shock: :lol: :o

cherylrw
04-04-2004, 08:02 AM
1: Start out going Southwest on MILAM ST toward PRESTON ST. <0.1 miles

2: Turn LEFT onto PRESTON ST. <0.1 miles

3: Turn LEFT onto TRAVIS ST. 0.1 miles

4: Merge onto I-45 N via the ramp- on the left. 183.7 miles

5: Take the TX-31 exit- exit number 231- toward WACO/ATHENS. 0.2 miles

6: Turn LEFT onto MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD/E SH 31/E TX-31 E. Continue to follow E TX-31 E. 25.6 miles

7: Turn LEFT onto N TERRY ST/TX-198. Continue to follow TX-198. 4.1 miles

when you are coming upon Caney Cove from this direction,you will cross over a bridge over the lake immediately at the end of the bridge is a PUBLIC boat ramp..This will be where you put your boats in the water.

Caney cove is just past this ramp on the right there will be a couple stores then a large green and white sign says CANEY COVE...turn right in here stop at front if noone is in the office come straight to the back following the road toward the right when you get in back you will see the lake cabins and rv's.

If you need more help go to www.caneycove.com

Night fisher
04-04-2004, 09:40 AM
I gota see what comes up that weekend. ill see if me and my friend can come. thats gonna a lil drive for me cause im all the way by lake whitney so illl look up directions somemore and gota be sure its ok with parents if yall did know im 16 so im limited on some things lol. if i come is there any good camping spots?

cherylrw
04-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Caney Cove is a camp ground has tents and cabins,if you come you can sleep in our cabin.

cherylrw
04-10-2004, 08:17 AM
It is looking to me like CC isnt gonna be a good place for gatherings..Maybe Mark and I should just come to Houston....We camp at CC every year so its nothing new to us...LOL...

Maki what do you think?Think maybe we should wait a while try and get more members from this area,or just go for it?

I was just hoping while Mark was here we could meet most everyone who is members of our site.

So if we are only gonna have a couple as in you and us heck Id just as soon come to Houston so we could meet several of you guys.

mrmakAUCTIONEER
04-10-2004, 12:06 PM
HERE ER DER :?: DAT IS DA QUESTION :D :?:
PERSONALLY i think all mods should be where ever yall want the gatherin to be at. NO MATTER WHAT. second if they cant er wont come to lake of yer choice we could bend a lil, & go to where the majority of the the leaders are at, that way most who who couldnt come way up here **** could make a quick showing during the weekend at least yall as owners could say the hallo's how yall doin adventures, quick words of wit, from the past year, and inject a few visions and projections for the next upcomming year, er till when MARK reappears in da next 6 months er year. whaddiya think?

Thin Water Tracker
04-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Well I have to work that weekend now. working shift work it's hard to go that far I only work 14 days a month but I'm on call 10 out of the days off I have so I have to be no more than two hours away so it makes it hard to go that far. I only have two weekends off a month and so far Feb gathering has been the only one to hit on one of those weekends.

I fish alone a lot it's not due to the fact I want it that way it just hard to find someone that has the same days off as I do. I makes for along day but some time it gives me time to think which is good for the soul. and other times I find I'm talking to myself. which is scary!

Gentleben
04-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Well, I am still working and my job comes above and beyond anything and everything else next to my grandbaby, I am working next weekend have not had a day off in 13 days so you take it from there .
I beleive what Maki is saying and agree with him about the mods going wherever the party is but it may not happen.
Fortunately :lol: and unfortunately :shock: most of the members are from the houston area and I wish it would grow over there , you are starting to pick up some mebers in the dallas area some good ones , like CajunDan, swing and the whitney bunch is not too far away

Everyone is welcome at Lake houston and we will be able to make a quick showing even if working 12 hrs a day
Lets us know and we'll try to get folks together for next weekend or whenever

mrmakAUCTIONEER
04-11-2004, 09:03 AM
there is one thing for sure, a trip from work to a local area in greater houston usally can be done with one er 2 emails er a few phone calls, most members in the houst area can at least show up, inna spur of the moment situation, during one of the 3 days. CHERYL, MARK, JOSH, ECT,lets just meet at lake houston, BJs or whereever ben, picks,THAT IS THE LOCATION THE SITE IS held together at. some time during the time MARK is in the neighborhood , a few of of us dfw area types could pile in the kid hauler and intentionaly let whitney fisherman, know we will be there for a quick itroduction, for any one interested, head to lewisville, say our hallos and head back to the gravel pits or cedar creek, play polatition, shake a few hands , take alota notes, listen to thoughts and suggestions, from everyday fishermen, if oppertunaty arrises get in someones boat and fish a lil.
We spent a year building an excellent foundation, our roots as a group, goes very deep in the fishing world and outdoors. our trunk is solid, during hard times we became stronger, our branches reach into many states, our fruit, stories and expieriances are read world wide. our youth involved, have the capacaty to carry the vision for generations to come.
LETS just show up in houston, and go visit with any one willing and able at that moment, and go where we are invited. spend a day er 2 , 3, what ever it takes, we will, step out on faith and go see where the LORD would lead. maybe he would know a few fishermen we could bless, or who we need. WHADDIYA THINK? :shock: :) :o :D

mrmakAUCTIONEER
04-11-2004, 09:56 AM
**** IN THE SAME VAIN CHERYL , MARK MODS, several folks have already made time for this cedarcreek adventure,<<<<including yers trully, maybe we shouldnt even entertain any thought of of changin our already plans in motion, for cedar creek, **** maybe the next week er so we could do a quick trip fer those who couldnt make cedaer creek **** could make a quickie mid week in houston. whaddiyall think

CajunDan
04-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Here's my .02 cents on the North Texas group.

Lets continue to try and meet in this area. Even though the H-town group is having a gathering on LH or Conroe doesn't mean that we can't gather here on the same time frame. This way gives everyone the opprotunity to meet and greet at either function. I know that if ben or medulla or any one of those guys have the time they will travel up this direction for a gathering, even when there is a gathering in their home lake the same weekend. As well as I would make a venture to their home lake when there is one here, just to meet and greet, plus as much time as I will be spending in the area it will be easier for me to make an appearance.

I work a wierd shift and at night so sometimes it is difficult for me to make weekend gatherings over multiple days but one day events I can do on Thur, Fri, and some Saturdays.

So why don't we plan to do this: Meet maybe once a month at a lake in the NTX area meet for a one day muster just to make ourselves known to the surrounding lakes. If anything it gets us to know each other. Get some bumper stickers/boat stickers and put them on our cars and boats. I'm already getting some comments on the jugs from patrons at Lewisville and have pointed them in the direction of the website. We can also get with some of the bait distributors in the area, like Big Jacks Texaco at FM407 and see if they will let us hang a little sign or something, the lewisville fishing barge would also be a good place to go.

For me Lewisville is closest, Ray Roberts is next, Grapevine, Texoma, Lavon, Ray Hubbard, CC, Richland Chambers and so forth from there.

Hooker, Looked for ya Friday on Lewisville, but no findy.

Out

Gentleben
04-11-2004, 09:11 PM
That is a good idea CD, that is the way we got started; last mothers day we had our first gathering,......... a whooping 3 members were present :shock: two are still here, The world reknown Mudcat , Originator and Owner of the Original Mudcat Flagging Jugs Company and yours truely. We started small and now there is no way to really get a good count as to how many people makes our gatherings , It is a giving thin gh, we BBQ fish fry wild pig BBq man we eat good then we take people fishing show them how those mudcat Jugs work and they are hooked.
We have always caught fish but with the flagging juggs our quantity has about tripled, now just listen to some of the testimonies of people like Gator , Big Dave ,Menudo , The fishing boat , **** and company, and basically just about anybody that has used them they will never be the same again.Thin water tracker , nine lives ,outlaw, waterspout , castnblast ,where you at ?? Pescadore , n splenora , maki yes even ole maki has been at ever one of our gatherings except for the one and that's cause he got snowed in.Uncle bill Big Jim Zeke he only show up to eat and catch them big flatties!!Don Diego is a mighty fine jugger but i don't know if he uses mudcat's yet. Man if I missed anyone just add your name to the list cause i am tired an ddingy
- choo choo man , jjtroutkiller, all you guys , engineer melitone goose , gonso too man y
My ole buddy ,Cajun Dan Watkins from the north Tx group, I love to talk to him cause he always has a good testimoney about the MudCat Flagging Jugs . He was telling me tonight there was some bass fishermen trollin over curious at what he was doing and just like clock work one of them jugs will invert and go to flagging and he tells them well that means I got a fish and them bassers become instant catters. MUDCAT WHERE ARE YOU THEY ARE LOOKIN FER YOU!!!
Thank you ,everyone that has participated to make this site what it is today.

mrmakAUCTIONEER
04-12-2004, 10:06 AM
I agree and have always been for starting a chapter at any lake any time we have a boat and 2 folks willing to intentionally, do an event. they will come, yall prooved it many times, even inna storm folks will come, its only happening in houston only because 2-3 are willing to make it happen, If we intentionally make something happen in the dfw area it will happen.

I know it works here too,
my schedual is usally I let folks know, i will be in southlake doing business, tuesday mornings, probably run to corinth pass lake grapevine, and lake leiwisville?lake dallas, if ya wanna go wet a minnow let me know.
wed, i will be at cleaburn in morning, in the afternoon u will find me at nolan river, lake pat cleaburn, Brazos, granbury or lake alvarado, or whitney. when i talk to fishemen they tell me hay your mrmak i go to your site and read your stuff when yall goin to do something in our town. I say iam here in your town u wanna get involved, go to our site register and participate, You wanna do an event here, under the banner of fishingtx.com we have to get it approved, from someone higher up the food chain than me. if any ONE of our leaders will intentionally show up , that leader and i will be here. I will know its happening in your community because one of our leaders intentionally will be here for the soul purpose of starting a chapter, on any lake any time, and asked me to help. so far its just houston area.

Warden
04-12-2004, 11:31 AM
give me warning a little time and i will be there if i can

04-12-2004, 11:48 AM
i think need to hold a c/c gathering because you will get new people that just happen to be camping and fishing there and just want to know what all the noise is about gives alot of guest in dallsa area that are not gonna come down here to see what this is about they will run down the road and kick a few rocks to see these jugs in action this usually equals a new member.
i have said from day one we could not make it because i am working all 3 days and i already have used 2 days to make these gatherings down here other than that i would be there so its a few people have they will come and after you have time come on down we can throw some boats in the water
fish on!!!!!!!

Gentleben
04-12-2004, 11:56 AM
IF I am off duty i will show up!! Wher eyo uat CD that's your Q"

cherylrw
04-12-2004, 12:54 PM
OK Then its set as planned we will be at CC for the weekend. I will call in a just a second and rent us a cabin and continue as planned so we will see you guys there....I will take what shirts,caps and bumper stickers mousepads I have made and also possibly take the equip with me so if you want to try something special we can.

So we will see you there!!!

CajunDan
04-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Dadgummit, that's my long week. I gotta work Sat - Tue night. :mad: I could maybe sneak over there on Friday as long as work leaves me alone.

I'll try my best but I'm not promising anything.

swing, there callin you out.....

Night fisher
04-12-2004, 10:38 PM
i might be able to sneek down there friday or sunday but staurday i got a sniper course at my gun range so ill be doing that this Saturday. my dad says he knows the way down there so if i wana go ill be there

mrmakAUCTIONEER
04-13-2004, 09:30 AM

Directions and Maps To Caney Cove

Located on Cedar Creek Lake in Caney City, Texas

Caney Cove

Hwy. 198, 3 miles north of Malakoff, TX.

mrmakAUCTIONEER
04-13-2004, 03:10 PM
any yall plan on bein here april 16 -17 18th :?:

CajunDan
04-13-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm gonna try but I ain't makin no promises. It's my long week to work.

mrmakAUCTIONEER
04-16-2004, 08:07 AM

Directions and Maps To Caney Cove

Located on Cedar Creek Lake in Caney City, Texas

Caney Cove

Hwy. 198, 3 miles north of Malakoff, TX.

mrmakAUCTIONEER
04-16-2004, 08:31 AM
IF YALL GET A FEW MOMENTS THIS WEEK come by cedar creek meet mark and cheryl, bring yer boats and fishin stuff.
last gatherin of our bunch over 100 folks showed up at conroe, several 30-40 pounders were caught and released. enough crappie, whites and of course plenty of cats, to feed the whole bunch and every one with an empty cooler had plenty to take home.

EVERY ONE WELCOME fishingtx.com MEET THE OWNERS

cherylrw
owner/webmaster
MARK FOUNDER OF FISHINGTX.COM ON CIVILIAN TOUR OF DUTY IN IRAQ HOME ON SHORT LEAVE INVITE YALL TO JOIN THEM
MARK TARA NEW DADDY CHERYL NEW MOM
gatherin of fishin enthusiests
CEDAR CREEK LAKE Caney Cove APRIL 16-17-18th

Caney Cove

cherylrw wrote:

FOR MORE INFO VISIT fishingtx.com or to comment, http://fishingtx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=674&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Gentleben
04-16-2004, 09:32 PM
In that stripper course do you learn how to catch strippers??

Hope you guys at CC are tearing them up.!!! :oops: :shock: :wink:
Keeps us posted !!

Welcome home Mark!!

Thin Water Tracker
04-16-2004, 09:39 PM
IS this what you were wanting mrmakAUCTIONEER

Thin Water Tracker
04-16-2004, 09:39 PM
With the max of 500X 300 it the best I can do with my level of controls

Night fisher
04-16-2004, 11:36 PM
hey which part of caney cove will yall be at dad wqas wondering we know how to get there now we just need to know which part of caney cove itll be at ok thx.

Gentleben
04-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Just go to teh cove can't be tha tbig where you can't find them :shock: :wink:

mrmakAUCTIONEER
04-17-2004, 11:10 PM
:D hi yall deb and i went by cedar creek today met with cheryl and mark a very relaxed atmousphere. we fellowshiped and talked about the site , cheryl showed us some of the shirts and mouse pads she is making, we bought a few of those. lots of fisherman on the water, marina was plum fulla pickups and boat trailers even parked on both sides of the road because the parking lot was overflowing, mark and cheryl will be there all day sun also,

:oops: one a dem crazy situations, we showed up to a fishing adventure and no one brought a boat . seemed like everyone was just enjoying the fellowship, and relaxing. nice afternoon. mark will be heading out back overseas in just over a week. if yall can run by there.

Gentleben
04-18-2004, 03:43 AM
Thanks maki glad ya went by :D , had a lot of people agree ta goin the begining :lol: guess something :( or some one :oops: got in their way or they 4 got :shock: or did not care :mad: Anyway the momentum needs to be picked up over there , you good at that ??

CajunDan
04-18-2004, 08:52 PM
I wish I coulda made it in person, was there in spirit though. Just couldn't get the schedule to work out right.

Cheryl, Maki, We'll get together soon and maybe do a lil juggin. As soon as I can get my critical projects to a stopping point I'll have a little more time.

Gentleben
04-18-2004, 10:19 PM
CD, :lol: i think you are like the one in the wilderness eat locust and wild honey :shock: You got alot of enthusiasm and get go power to give it a jump start thanks bro

CajunDan
04-18-2004, 11:08 PM
chocolate covered grasshoppa good for the skin, honey good for the hair...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :lol: :shock:

mrmakAUCTIONEER
04-19-2004, 10:03 AM
here is a few of the products cheryl is working on (wifie ) deb show and tell.

Gentleben
04-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Owiee, can i say black?? :shock: I want the black shirt with white letters, xxl though,
We know who the good lookin guys is but who's the good lookin girls ???

Guys that is Miss priss :D she has grown up :lol: and cleaned up dang she is a beaut we need to name her as Fishingtx Queen.

Gentleben
04-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Dang sorry got to looking at he merchandise and did not read the post that's mrs Maki :shock: 8)
thanks Maki and mrs Maki :shock:

CajunDan
04-19-2004, 09:30 PM
Ben, take that size 12 boot outa your mouth, I can't understand ya.... :lol: :P :lol:

Gentleben
04-20-2004, 08:09 AM
Humm :?: :x :evil: :mad: :cry: :oops:
No Vengence here.

CajunDan
04-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Humm :?: :x :evil: :mad: :cry: :oops:
No Vengence here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: