PDA

View Full Version : Gigging around

Layton
08-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Have you ever wanted to do something for years & never seem to have the time to do it? Or for that matter have the money to do it? Well check this out. The Lord blessed me Friday with a first time ever gigging trip. I have been wanting to do this for the last 25yrs. Went to Galveston on a guided trip with Capt Scott McKey (Texasfloundergigging.com) & his good friend Brian. They took me & a friend, Charlie, gigging. We gigged 30 flounder in about 3 1/2 hrs. This was also the first time I have ever gotten my limit in the 30 plus yrs I have been fishing. What a wonderful night - I was truly blessed.

john
08-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Now that is some good giggin.When you gonna bring me a big bag of those tasty critters?Thanks for the post Layton.Your hooked now huh?

croxt
08-06-2006, 10:01 PM
wow...great post......i tried that at night about 20 years ago.......bunch of guys i worked with all went down near san luis pass to a back cove......carried lanterns and a gig......walked for about 2 hours in mid shin depth water.......too afraid we would either step on a ray or gig one....

the pic of the one by the measure board.....you guys too hungry before you could take the pics?.......LOL

good looking pics.....thanks for the post.

NewCaneyFishingLady
08-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Wow, I'm with John, about those tasty critters. Flounder gigging is something I want to do also. That is why I am gonna get a saltwater stamp this month.

Good going guys!!!

whitebassfisher
08-07-2006, 04:03 AM
I've never tried that before. You have a bunch of good eating there.

dwaynez
08-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Nice Bunch of fish
I am a big fan of flounder

willie
08-07-2006, 10:55 AM
great trip.flouder are some great table fair.stuff with stove top dressing and shrimp and green onions and bake.

stubblefieldcrappie
08-07-2006, 11:03 AM
it looks like yall had a fun time and you finally got to do something youve looked forward to for years. great post and pics. keep em coming.

fishin'lunatic
08-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Ah yes, the flattie. Some lemon, butter, and Tony Chaceres. Can't wait for the fall run. Great trip!