PDA

View Full Version : Feb. gathering, attendees and numbers

Warden
01-16-2004, 11:14 AM
lets start a list with attendees and numbers of the people who are planning to attent, also if they want to catfish or crappie fish, and how many children, that way i will know which boats to bring

Warden
01-16-2004, 11:43 AM
MUDCAT,
be bringin my grand son, we be juggin, we have a boat

medulla762
01-16-2004, 11:58 AM
I've invited many but so far no one has confirmed.

I'm taking off Friday and I'll be on location smoking a couple of briskets for the early birds who plan on showing up Friday evening. May even run a jug or two...hehehe...between fire stokings.

As far as what fish I'll be targeting, that depends on where my boat is needed most. Don't matter to me.

Tim feel free to use me and my boat as you see fit. I'm glad to help any way I can.

Warden
01-16-2004, 12:01 PM
glad to see you got that you got to do some jugging, thanks for the offer and cant wait to taste that brisket.

cherylrw
01-16-2004, 07:14 PM
I have a question? LOL Is there cabins at the site or do we bring tents need to know since the baby is only 2 months old

01-16-2004, 08:33 PM
well you know the score if they let me off i will be there camper and boat friday morning wife and 3 kids fri nite if not be there saturday morning for sure with the crew will also deliver either way all forks spoons and plates paper towels by friday morning

Gentleben
01-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Me and my crew ,Jim Zeekeroo and teh Cajun Cooker with his bride!!

Gentleben
01-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Cheryl, if you come and the baby we'll find a good spot fer both of you!! :D :lol:

Warden
01-17-2004, 12:29 AM
Medula,
Looks I'm gonna help you cook Friday (THE 13th), :wink:

Warden
01-17-2004, 12:43 AM
I,ll be there with a wife and 4-5 kidsif you do cook save a little we'll be there around 7:00pm but ready to fish

Warden
01-17-2004, 08:30 AM
What we gonna need to go with that briskit? I think BG is bringin the cole slaw. Maki bringin the baked beans (big can)?
I'll bring drinks. and a big jar of zaterians fish fry, unless y'all got some special you want, Paul, medula?

Warden
01-17-2004, 08:49 AM
al is bringing some sald or something like that , or a fish batter stuff,
**** will bring whatever is needed and alots of shad, bait and stuff

Warden
01-17-2004, 07:16 PM
i also will be bringing fire wood for the pits, have some red oak and hickory, have some other for the camp fires

al
01-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Count me and my son in. I will be there Fri. morning and will leave to pick up my son after he gets off school. My girlfriend will come up Sat with her daughter. Like **** said I will bring stuff to make coleslaw and I will bring a marinade and breading to do a batch of two of catfish. See ya there.

Warden
01-17-2004, 08:31 PM
If it is not raining that Friday, I have set aside a mental holiday and will be absent from work. ( it used to be called the "blue flu"), now it is called
"pylodictus olivaris" fever, it is extremly contagious and sudden attacks occur with out notice.
Symtoms: sudden urges to go shopping at Academy
weakness when walking down the tackle isle
anxiety when the alarm clock goes off Monday thru Friday
Blurred vision from countless hours of reruns on OLN
other symtoms may include but are not limited to: depression while at work, dry mouth from bragging, red marks from getting slapped by co-workers tired of hear about your tales, in extreme cases long periods of halucinations may occur (THAT BIG ONE THAT GOT AWAY)

OK, I have room in the camper for two more bodies or one big one,
Deep fyer
butane bottles/full
chairs
two small tables
Coffe pot
agazillion life jackets
A smoker pit if needed
also an electric smoker
ice chests

Let Me Know what is needed.

Warden
01-17-2004, 09:04 PM
ok i can tell that thecatfishboat and fish-n-friends has the life jackets covered, might need some help with the rest

al
01-18-2004, 12:35 AM
If it is not raining that Friday, I have set aside a mental holiday and will be absent from work. ( it used to be called the "blue flu"), now it is called
"pylodictus olivaris" fever, it is extremly contagious and sudden attacks occur with out notice.
Symtoms: sudden urges to go shopping at Academy
weakness when walking down the tackle isle
anxiety when the alarm clock goes off Monday thru Friday
Blurred vision from countless hours of reruns on OLN
other symtoms may include but are not limited to: depression while at work, dry mouth from bragging, red marks from getting slapped by co-workers tired of hear about your tales, in extreme cases long periods of halucinations may occur (THAT BIG ONE THAT GOT AWAY)

OK, I have room in the camper for two more bodies or one big one,
Deep fyer
butane bottles/full
chairs
two small tables
Coffe pot
agazillion life jackets
A smoker pit if needed
also an electric smoker
ice chests

Let Me Know what is needed.Too Funny. LOL :D I thought that was a Virus not a mental Holiday

al
01-18-2004, 12:44 AM
I forgot to mention one more thing. For Fri. night I will bribg some sausage from Elgin. My Grandparents and I call it that because we get it from a smoke house - BB-Q place in Elgin TX called Southside Steak House. Since they closed down the H-E-B pantry and opened a BIG H-E-B store they carry Elgin sausage pre packaged called Myers Elgin sausage. It has a tough casing on it but I think ya`ll will like it. I`ll bring two deals of bread also for Fri. night.

Warden
01-18-2004, 09:32 AM
aal this food being brought, i think, i will stay on bank and gaurd the camp, maybe evn get fatterrr

mrmakAUCTIONEER
01-18-2004, 09:58 AM
aal this food being brought, i think, i will stay on bank and gaurd the camp, maybe evn get fatterrr
well u know what they say bro, " the doorway to a mans heart is through his stomach" the last gatherin seems like we gobbled up that whole hog just snackin on it eh? :D

cherylrw
01-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Well guys if I dont make this one Im gonna retire from fishingtx.com Unless something BAD happens I will be coming with my neice and together we will have 5 children..I do have a huge tent as long as there is a place to put it..Maybe far away from the crowd LOL cause these kids can be very loud...
I will bring whatever is needed,drinks,ice,marshmellows whatever doesnt matter to me..Since I havent been there to know and I am THE BIGGEST COFFEE DRINKER is there electricity there for a coffee pot? If so Ill bring that and coffee also (cant go anywhere without coffee)

Warden
01-18-2004, 11:25 AM
you just come on, plenty of room for everything, yes there is electricity and all. i have 3 differnt coffemakers in the camper and someone that keeps the coffe going and fresh. i drink coffe all day long, myself

Warden
01-19-2004, 12:22 PM
from what i hear, read and stuff, we will have anywhere from 100-150 people at the gathering, this is going to be fun. anyone else that has more info let me know, going to get with bill and set up a trailer parking lot so there will be plenty of room, we have people coming from dallas, san antonio, fresno, the gulf area and all,

Warden
01-19-2004, 12:35 PM
I hope all of them come, but we gonna need more food.fer that many. and more table and chairs,
this gonna be the Texaslargestcatfishshow&rodeojugginwheelindealinfishfest, we gonna need a sign in log? need to call 13 sports?

Warden
01-19-2004, 12:39 PM
bens got the press covered, i will get a log book, working with bill on tables and chairs, randy, gator, david, where are you at, this needs everyone

medulla762
01-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Chow down...hehehe...sounds like we are going to need hammocks and plenty of them...hahaha...

Hey Randy, I just may take you up on that bunk offer if you still have room.

Warden
01-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Yes sir, I have the room, it is reserved for ya.
Randy

cherylrw
01-19-2004, 05:29 PM
I have a few folding chairs,but no tables..I can bring some food also

Gentleben
01-20-2004, 03:07 AM
I have my usual table and chairs , chicken and Paul will bring that tasty little wild piggies.

Warden
01-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Awwwwww right now were gottin down to it,

Warden
01-21-2004, 02:42 AM
i think they ran out of gas, what happened,

Warden
01-21-2004, 11:22 AM
**** maybe you and ben and i and gator aught to plan a meal time and ,what we can have ay all times for the people that miss the meal. If they come late or something. like jeff, he's gonna be late fri. We just let them get something from pit, and keep everything else on ice?
I think we gonna need a few ice chest full of ice.
we gonna have some fish die, we gonna fry them or put them on ice?
lot's to plan if we want everyone to have a good time.

Warden
01-21-2004, 11:26 AM
ok, i have six ice chest, 2 will be full of shad on ice, it will be for my stuff, that leaves three i will fill full of ice, mealtimes, any time ya,ll think

01-21-2004, 12:04 PM
okay i have to work for sure thursday nite we have a ice machine running over all the time i got 2 100 qt and 2 60 qt i will fill all 4 can fill more if think we gonna need it

Warden
01-21-2004, 12:25 PM
That's great we need 1 for putting the salads and vegtables is to keep all day,1 for the meat that ain't cooked and 1 for drinks, kinda community drink thang,case someone runs out,or forgets to bring any.2 to keep ice in for ice'n down the fish if need be. i think that's cvered i have only small ones.
let's just put all the food out at meal time and the rest in the ice chest for the next group? keep the pit goin with plenty meat etc.

Warden
01-21-2004, 12:27 PM
thats why we call you the mayor, got a brain and know how to use it

Gentleben
01-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Go cat Go Mudcat that is !!! :lol: :D

Warden
01-21-2004, 05:28 PM
Do you think cheryl will make it, this time? We could start a pool whether she does or not. and what time or if she gets there. hahahahaha. say $2.00 each. we can collect at the gathering I'll take friday at 4:49pm.

cherylrw
01-21-2004, 05:33 PM
GEEZZZZZZZZZ AINT I WORTH MORE THAN 2 BUCKS LOL...I WOULD ATLEAST BET 5.00 LOL

Warden
01-21-2004, 05:46 PM
I'm sure you are worth mor'n $2.00 but us poor fershermen gotta save money fer bait.

cherylrw
01-21-2004, 05:51 PM
LOL..yeah I know all about POOR fisherman thats why mark is in Iraq needed more bait LOL..and I needed to remodel so took his bait money

Gentleben
01-21-2004, 06:15 PM
I'll throw 3 bucks in :lol: :D If she no show this time we may all quit :shock: :shock: :wink:

mrmakAUCTIONEER
01-21-2004, 06:22 PM
CHERYL IF YALL NEED ME TO DRIVE OVER DER AND SCOOP YALL UP AND LUG KIDS AND WOMEN IN TRUCK LET ME KNOW , ER IF YA HAVE A REAL KID HAULER ALREADY AND NEED ME TO DRIVE I'LL DO DAT TOO :shock: :o

cherylrw
01-21-2004, 07:27 PM
LOL...Well I have a real kid hauler lol we will be there WE ARE PLANNING ON COMING...I PROMISE I WILL BE THERE as long as nothing serious happens

Gentleben
01-22-2004, 08:53 PM
It is going to be one heck of a fishing revival :D it may even turn into a riot :shock: Can't hardly wait, may go out and pratice next weekend, ifin i can talk someone to going with me or takin me no matter, Bgbluecat or Bg Mudcat or **** or anybody I will be off next friday Bg Gator :?:

01-23-2004, 11:28 AM
man love too but im working by feb 1 will have 146 hours in overtime time to pay off the big bills dont you know but up side figured out a way to work off feb 13 morning and will be there friday sat sunday so i will catch up of fishing then

Warden
01-23-2004, 06:55 PM
I would like to try and make it for some of the weekend. I don't know if my sweatheart will let me slip away being Valetines Day and all.

Maybe just for an afternoon or something.

Phill

Gentleben
01-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Phil, Welcome to the Greatest Little Website in Texas!! Bring her with you this is a family oriented site for all members of the family especially your sweetheart. Come on out and joins us you'll not regret it!! :lol: :lol:

Warden
01-24-2004, 08:08 AM
Tell her you takin her to all the catfish she can eat, then bring her along.
U COULD ALWAYS GIVE HER AN OPTION FER VALATINES DAY i will take out for all you can eat catfish dinner , added sweetie honey do ill take ya in a boat and let ya catch yer own dinner. :o :shock: :wink:

Gentleben
01-24-2004, 09:49 PM
Mudcat you kill me with ur cents of humor , but it is true all the fish, pig, and brisket and chicked, man we be be as Gator :shock: when we leave , :oops: whoops hope Gator ain;t watching or he'll push me in the water again,
Oh you all ain't heard about that well he did !! Said he was doing it just in case i wanted to get smart with him i would remember going swimming with my camera :P :wink: Your cool Gator i want to be just like you when i grow up, if i live that long :oops: :oops:

Warden
01-25-2004, 01:14 AM
For Fri. night I will do the potatoes, "freedom fries, aka french fries. I'll bring several sacs of em and fry them up while Medula bird dogs the brisket. So, I'll be peelin "tators for gators" :idea: .

Warden
01-25-2004, 09:07 AM
i will be there to help eat it all

01-25-2004, 06:30 PM
okay ben we said we would never speak of the untimely bath you took while i was just helping you catch some kitties. now as i remember it you was digging throught my green 100quart ice chest which i keep my lunch in (you know that) said you where looking for bait ???? and them 4 t bone steaks just happen to come out stuck to your hand :roll: okay i started yelling and you being a wise guy toss one of my steaks in the water saying :twisted: and i quote," well let me wash it off for you pig head" i didn't even get mad :mad: i just helped you retrieve it out of the water. so i was completely innocent of all these outragious charges and beside im just short for my weight ifin i was 11'2" i would be the prefect weight so there. and yes you might what to bring some bologna cause im eaten your fish :lol:

Gentleben
01-25-2004, 07:44 PM
ahahahah yeap you killing me :shock: Gator man we gonna all eat and be as big as you by the time the years up, heck I aint got far to go looking at them pics , I better shed a few hundred pounds.
Man all this talk lets go catch some kitties , sat morning!! :oops: :P

Warden
02-05-2004, 11:09 AM
Hey all you guys & gals don't forget ere havin a auction at this gathering, bring money, bring items to donate for the sale.
Proceeds benifit Bj's and help pay for the place.

CastnBlast
02-05-2004, 02:11 PM
I'm in Saturday for sure. Got some wild game sausage to bring . . . won't tell what it's made of until you try some.

Gentleben
02-05-2004, 02:50 PM
Castnblast, man i sure am glad they shut the hontin season down so you can get serious about this fishing.
Dang, where'd that come from, heheheheheh, i love it.oK Gator we got to go a mission so get yur hounting clothes on and come on.

Gentleben
02-05-2004, 09:56 PM
2 buckets of potato salad , 1 gal farm style beans 40-60 # chicken, table and chairs and a gator size appetite.
This photo is chow time at BJ's Nov.gathering

Warden
02-06-2004, 01:52 AM
can anyone tell me the best way to get to BJ"s from Hillsboro by the way the boys just bought some more poles I think there ready and I"ve been trying to make some jugs I found the foam at the dollar store.

Warden
02-06-2004, 07:47 AM
will you be coming down 45 or 59?

Gentleben
02-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Jeff go to magquest .com amd put your destination as BJ's Marina 27907 Calvins Rd , Huffman TX 77336 and they will bring you in via Waco and then thru Brian College Sta to hiway 2920 will take a left on 2920 hiway and come down to hiway 59 at Spring tx, take a right and come down to fm 1960@ Humble take a left on Fm 1960 and come 11 miles across the Lake bridge to the 2nd traffic light (FM2100)take a left and go down past 3 traffic lights , last traffic light is Havard rd don't turm there go to next major intersection, will be Huffman Cleveland Rd on left and Wolf Rd on right, you will need to turn left

Warden
02-06-2004, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't go all the way down to 2920. Too many redlights.

I would turn off in Navasota on 105 and take that to I-45, then head south on 45 to Beltway 8 and go around to 59. Take 59 N. to 1960 and head East.

But that is just me.

Gentleben
02-06-2004, 10:23 AM
U be right Phil thanks !!

Warden
02-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Thanks,Ben & Phill and I will look for the signs

Gentleben
02-07-2004, 01:07 AM
My cell # is 281 451 0559 will be on me all day friday and sat or BJ's 281 324 9199 :D

Warden
02-07-2004, 01:51 AM
thanks I'm counting the days

al
02-07-2004, 10:06 PM
I forgot to mention one more thing. For Fri. night I will bribg some sausage from Elgin. My Grandparents and I call it that because we get it from a smoke house - BB-Q place in Elgin TX called Southside Steak House. Since they closed down the H-E-B pantry and opened a BIG H-E-B store they carry Elgin sausage pre packaged called Myers Elgin sausage. It has a tough casing on it but I think ya`ll will like it. I`ll bring two deals of bread also for Fri. night.I bought the sausage tonight. I almost bought a package that had a sell by date of 02/2/04 :cry: Don`t worry I got three packs of the good stuff for Fri. night. Thats exactly 18 links of **** good stuff. I`ll buy the bread and get the rest of the stuff just befor we meet so it will be fresh. How about that Pearch my boy Antony caught Super Bowl Sunday? It is in the PEARCH section. See ya`ll this next weekend.

Warden
02-08-2004, 12:36 AM
al , keep them coming, going out toarrow afternoon to start setting up kids holes for the gathering, hopefully we can have a hundred smiling faces by dark sat.

Warden
02-08-2004, 09:37 AM
all the people who have called me this weekend thanks, i have a few that will be there that have not posted , they are the Mckinney family from plum grove and n-splendora from the area, all who come and are wandering that you might get in the way on friday, that is not true, a few of our super juggers will be working and catching fish, but myself ben and others will be waiting on you to come on in, get settled, finding boats avail if you need one and taking care of business.
if for some reason you cant find one of us, there will always be the deckhand and bill in the area to assist you till we are found,
come on out, be safe, and enjoy the weekend

Gentleben
02-08-2004, 01:02 PM
My cell phone will be on me so anyone can call for directions or boat availability, don't be bashful ust come on!!get on board there will be plenty of fire wood
Bill at the Marina will have my cell# it 281 324 919 is BJ's number

Gentleben
02-08-2004, 01:08 PM
You are almost there. next corner take a left

Gentleben
02-08-2004, 01:14 PM
turn here, straight ahead

Gentleben
02-10-2004, 05:02 AM
Bread, someone please bring some bread always short fer some reason :lol: :D 3 more days !!!!! :!: :!:

waterspout
02-10-2004, 08:51 AM
Can it be counterfeit,, I can always use some extra bread meself :rofl:

you got it toyota :D wheat, or rye, toasted, white, stale, or fresh

Gentleben
02-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks,Yes someone always lookin fer braed to make an air sandwich :lol: :lol:

Warden
02-10-2004, 06:58 PM
I"ll get some bread to bring to the gathering do we need hotdog buns for the kids???

Gentleben
02-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Would no thurt to brin gsome hotdogs , It has been raining big time which will make fishing out of this world but will make it kind ah nasty down there at BJs don't know if it'd be too late to consider Lake Houston Marina, **** ,gator Mudcat, Paul may not bring his big camper causing that .Could be something to kic kround, got two days ,heheeh

Warden
02-10-2004, 10:06 PM
I have been planning to take off Friday, cause of a mental Holiday, JUST SICK OF THE PLACE, So I will be there, rain, shine, Blizzard, catfish or hotdogs, I will even bring a video from OLN, and watch those famous people fish, iffen I gotta stay in the camper.

02-10-2004, 10:07 PM
yeah been thinking same dont think its gonna rain much but sure gonna be muddy dont know about campsite at other marina but dont like the $5.oo a car to park either ? just thing july we will wish for cloudy day

Warden
02-11-2004, 12:28 AM
to many people coming from out of town, other sites and all to chang anything now, i am bringing tarps to lay down for campers.

Gentleben
02-11-2004, 03:26 AM
Ok :shock: just was ah thinking, would not be ah stinking :lol:

waterspout
02-11-2004, 07:52 AM
I have a ?? for yall..........

WHO ORDERED THE SNOW FOR THIS WEEKEND!!! RAIN AND FREEZE'N IT MAY AS WELL BE SNOW :silly: I guess I'll have to break out the goose hunting clothes :cry: 8) :lol:

medulla762
02-11-2004, 09:00 AM
The weather liars have been WRONG the past two weekends...5 to 10 mph winds my @$$...!!!

Maybe they will be wrong this weekend and the sun will show but I'm not going to count on it.

Thin Water Tracker
02-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Looks like we’ll be working on those Cats in the rain. I’ll have to dig out the rain gear. Should the flowing water help the cat fishing? They showed in the paper that they cut the flow back at t the dam’ to 0.50 I bet it didn’t stay there long.

For the last few year I have taken much stock in what the weather me have to say when it comes to rain. I get my beetle out and see what she doing.

Let see she got socks on and running a round the out side edge of the match box. Wait she has her sunglass out but not on so we could see the sun peek out some time in the next three days. I would say it going to be cold but just a little wet this weekend.

Hay she can be that far off. The way these weather men have been calling it lately I think their beetles are sick or something.

waterspout
02-11-2004, 11:11 AM
The best weather info is the

Indian weather rock
1) If it's wet ,it's raining!
2) If its throwing a shadow, it's sunny out!
3) If it's cold, it's cold out!
4) If it's real hot, It's hot out!
5) If it's white,it's snowing out!
6) If it's not throwing a shadow and not wet, it's just cloudy!
7) If it has ice on it, it's sleeting out!
and finally,8If it's going round and round in circle, You better hide fast,Tornado is here!

Warden
02-11-2004, 11:21 AM
watching the reports, some say ran, some say partly cloudy and some say sunny, I say, come on out and lets fish.
Mudcat and Myself will be leaving the dock about 0900 to set the first set of jugs out,
Medulla, i will be there at daylight to help with the grill and stuff.
My deckahnd will be at the marina to help evryone as they arrive. His name is Brian,

Warden
02-13-2004, 12:56 AM
sorry everyone but the boss has spoken and she said its going to be to cold for the kids she did say I could attend the next one let me know how it goes

Gentleben
02-13-2004, 05:43 AM
Another one bites the dirt , ah Jeff we gonna miss you but you right it gonna be cold , that 's why we are ready to ........this is not for evryone but it is for anyone , we'll catch you on the next one maybe April will have more suitable , human weather :lol: :D :D :shock: BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

cherylrw
02-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Ben if you see this I wont be coming til tomorrow and thats if there is NO snow LOL..Tara is getting over a respitory infection so I wont be staying all night just want to make an appearance and bring the bumper stickers and stuff.

Nine Lives
02-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Stopped by to meet some of the guys today. If anyone else that is going to BJ's this weekend, some scrap plywood or boards to walk on would come in handy. Also, bring several extra pair of dry socks, you'll be glad you did. Several fish already caught by 3pm Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures on the board, when we get back into town on Monday.

Have fun

Gentleben
02-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Fish are on!! Cheryl i see your post and hey don't worry if you can't make it is miserabel. You can mail the stickers if you want, don't take the baby out in this mess we will have others!!