PDA

View Full Version : drag a racing

minner skinner
03-25-2007, 10:35 AM
went after some trout last night. brought along a light weight spinning pole w/8 lb test in case we were getting smaller fish. i thought an 18" & a 20" trout really ripped off drag until a 27" red connected. that sucker proceeded to almost spool me a few times. only by sheer luck did this fish get landed. somehow missing pileons, oyster shell and pipes until i grabbed him by the lip. super fun. all fish fell for gulps.
one warning, an undersize flounder spit glass minnas all over the place which my dog thought were very tasty. he ate all the partially decomposed minnas so dont let him lick you.

NewCaneyFishingLady
03-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh yeah, I bet that was a whole lot of fun. Good job landing it. Wash out your dog's mouth.

otocatchfish
03-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Ehh what can they hurt. There just minners.

Charles Ellis
03-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Beats having to clean them up yourself.

Scotta
03-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Sounds like a great time. I have this ultr light rod and reel with 2 lb test that I break out for bass sometime. John seen it in action a few times and just a 1/8 ounce rat'l trap is a struggle. Sure was fun during the white bass run untill John talked me into going for the "BIG whites." Thanks again John, Fishingtx beware!!!!! :)

NewCaneyFishingLady
03-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Ehh what can they hurt. There just minners.

Probably nothing, just making a funny. :hang:

roadtrip57
03-26-2007, 08:27 AM
good report, are you fishing under the causway at night

medulla762
03-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Nice, I bet that was fun.

And yes I do believe there was a great deal of luck involved in getting that fish to the boat.

We fish the Pelican Island Bridge Sunday and the big uglies where shredding my 50# tackle...hahaha...it was still fun to watch the ladies do battle with the bruisers. We had two huge runs like nothing I have ever seen and one regular run which we ended up netting