PDA

View Full Version : Off shore trip

Pawpop
07-22-2007, 07:06 AM
I have been wanting to get a off shore charter trip together. The boat I wanted doesn't go out any more, but there is a bigger one that does. The cost is $2200 (plus tip for deck hand) for all day out of Freeport. The more people the cheeper pr.person. I think about 12 of us could go for about $200. You can take as many 18 and still be fairly comfortable. They are fairly booked up, but still have some opening.------ WHAT DO YA'LL THINK? ANY TAKERS! :applause:

Charles Ellis
07-22-2007, 07:39 AM
What dates are available?I can go if there is no conflict with the BOSSES schedule.

Scotta
07-22-2007, 07:58 AM
They have a 60 hour trip out of port aransas that is incredible from the pics of a friend of mine. Cost is $400 though but that includes meals and drinks and that is almost 3 days on the water.

Bill Barrick
07-22-2007, 08:17 AM
I like that PAWPOP and I don't mind extra people. I remember last trip, the captain, one deck hand, my daughter-in-law and meself were the only ones not feeding our cookies to the fish, there were 66 some-odd people that was upon the top deck. We had 22 foot swells that day and we went in a southerly direction 2 1/2 hours then the Captain turned her around and we got back in 45 minutes.

Scotta
07-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Sounds good to me. I will take off if I know a week in advance. Anything involving fishing and the boss will understand. He is great!

whitebassfisher
07-22-2007, 09:30 AM
My offshore days are over due to my back, but your idea is great! After a few party boat trips with 60 people, I swore I would never do that again because it just seemed like a LONG boat ride. But I was lucky enough to go offshore a lot on a smaller boat with fewer people and it is awesome. To me it was not just the fishing, but the whole experience. The beautiful water, being out of sight of land, etc. was really neat.

Pawpop
07-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Ok I'll get a calender of the open days for the next 2mo. I'll get back with you asap

Pawpop
07-23-2007, 11:31 PM
OK here are the open days for Aug. 8th and 27th only
Sept.3,4,5,6,7, 9, 11,12,13, 17,18, 20,21, 23, 25,26, 28
Oct. only the 3 1st sat. or book the rest of Oct. is open
I think I would like to go in Sept. looks like or Aug. Fishing licn. expire 31st. I don't think you need a licn. off shore?! We'll find out.
I think we would have a blast on one of these day trips! We will be on a 52footer lots of room for fishing and fun. So pick out a day and lets go!
:applause: :winner: :flehan:-----Donald I think this boat would be ezzzer on your back than your boat.

Pawpop
07-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Donald this 52' would be ez on your back

T-111-5
07-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Pawpop I'm in for the trip!!! Sounds like fun to me also.you let me know when. I'm open anytime for a deep sea fishing trip.:applause: :captain: :new_bigcrowd: :winner:

medulla762
07-24-2007, 11:37 AM
...I don't think you need a licn. off shore?! We'll find out.

From this link

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/regulations/changes08.phtml

New regulation beginning 9/1/2007

"Recreational anglers must have a Texas fishing license and saltwater endorsement to bring any fish taken in federal waters ashore in Texas."

Pawpop
07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks medulla that clears that up. I'm liking Aug.27th

NewCaneyFishingLady
07-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Does this boat have an air conditioned area to cool off in?

Pawpop
07-25-2007, 02:47 AM
I don't know how to link it to the thread but here is the site you can get all the info from. http://www.actioncharterfishing.com

Pawpop
07-27-2007, 05:43 AM
We need to get some dates posted so we can get narrow it down to the final and make our reservation. remember the more people that goes the cheaper it is for each. You working folks dates will carry more weight then us who are not.so come on guys and gals lets get some possible dates on here please.
It's gonna be a blast!
http:// www.actionchaterfishing

whitebassfisher
07-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Tom, I did not explain my back situation well enough.
I feel fine sitting down, which is great since my job is to sit behind a console of computer monitors. Being able to make a living has not been endangered; thank goodness I got the console job instead of the outside operator job! Driving is fine, and even being in my boat is fine since I sit in a swivel chair.
However, I can't stand or walk more than about 15 minutes before I start having trouble. So I can't even wade fish.
I don't mean to bore you, but it is not the pounding of waves that bothers me, it is standing or walking.
I wish everyone a great trip! An old friend of mine had a 23' that we took offshore no more than about 35 miles. Gasoline capacity mainly, and boat length some, limited us. We did it a lot in the late 70's and 80's. It was such an experience! Many times it was just the 2 of us, but we often took others. He was also my boss for 10 years, so it was my "job" to go along when he took customers. I acted as a deckhand, but all fishing was divided equally and I got my share. Those trips are in the "great memories" part of my brain.

Pawpop
07-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Ok Donald I know what you mean about standing or walking. I wouldn't want you to do anything that would hurt you,but I just wish you go with us because I enjoy your company so much,and talking with you. I can bring my recliner for you! hehe and did you check out that table under the canopy! I just hope we can get enough folks together to be able to get out there. You hang in there my friend,till they can get you fixed up.

JACKALOPE
07-30-2007, 02:51 PM
What's a good date ?

JonW
07-30-2007, 09:35 PM
I have heard good things about Action Charters. They come highly recommended.

I might just be interested and maybe a few friends.

JonW
07-30-2007, 09:36 PM
They have a 60 hour trip out of port aransas that is incredible from the pics of a friend of mine. Cost is $400 though but that includes meals and drinks and that is almost 3 days on the water.

More info!! Sounds interesting.