PDA

View Full Version : My Fishing Stories

Melissaa52
10-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi again! Here is my fishing story from my offshore fishing trip from last Saturday, October 6, 2007.

My friend and I went on this 12-hour offshore fishing trip on a Galveston Party Boat leaving Galveston from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. The boat goes out about 40-60 miles on a 3-hour trip. Once we're there, everyone starts fishing. The boat provides you with the fishing pole and bait. You provide your food. Although, they have food on board.

Anyway, as small as I am, when I knew I got a fish, I tried reeling it in but the darn thing was too heavy that my arms started hurting, so I had to have my friend finish reeling it in for me... HA HA HA When he finally got my fish on surface, we saw it was a hammerhead shark. Boy, was I excited!! I've been wanting to catch a shark and FINALLY, here it is. Same thing happened on my 2nd shark. It was so heavy that I knew it had to be a shark and had my friend finish reeling it in for me.

We caught other fishes too like Red Snappers and Angel fish, but my friend also caught a 34" Bull Red. We were told by the Deckhand that it had to be thrown back into the waters because we were in federal waters. Go figure!

Anyway, I had a blast!

Then on my Washington trip from last August 27, 2007, I caught 3 Salmons. That was a blast too. My brother and I get to the beach at 6 in the morning. We use this lure called "Buzz Bomb" and they're pink in color (cute!). Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) at the beach uses the same lures.... really weird and funny. I had only been at the beach for 5 minutes and BAM! I caught one! It was sooooo much fun reeling in the Salmon. Since I was using my brother's spinning reel, I had no idea that the drag was not tight enough. I kept reeling and reeling and the Salmon kept taking the line back. So while reeling, I decided to keep walking back to keep up with the Salmon. While walking backwards, I tripped and fell but still had a hold of my reel and while laying down on the ground, you can imagine me still reeling... TOO FUNNY! People were laughing coz they can tell I was desperate and not about to lose my Salmon... hahaha

On my second day, my brother and I went fishing again and he wanted to leave at 9 in the morning from the beach to go back home. Come 9 o'clock, I looked at my watch and was worried because I had not caught ANY fish yet. It was a slow morning. Then I hear my brother from far away yelling at me shouting "let's go". I pretended I didn't hear him. After so many shouts at me, I finally turned to him and acknowledge him, but I still casted my line after acknowledging him. On my third cast, I finally caught one. As soon as my brother saw that I caught one, he ran to get his pole and went back to the beach to fish some more. I reeled and walked backwards and fell again, and you guessed it... I was still reeling while laying on my back. Too funny!

I wish I could attach the pictures of my Salmon but the size is too big. I'll try to figure out how to resize it to the required size of this site.

Thanks for reading.

Melissa

john
10-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Thats some funny stuff.Thanks for sharing..Great stories.

Ole Bill
10-13-2007, 08:08 AM
wish i had of been there that would make for a hilarious day im sure keep up the good fishin adventures and hurry up on the pics

Melissaa52
10-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Here are my fishing pictures... as promised. I know they're not much to brag, but I HAVE to brag on my Salmons though... he he

Gentleben
10-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Great stories, keep em coming!!

dpiper
10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Great reports Melissa.

willie
10-15-2007, 07:28 PM
great report. nice salmon too.welcome aboard.

NewCaneyFishingLady
10-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Nice catches! I like the looks of that fish cleaning area, where is that? I am getting geared up for some saltwater fishing.

Melissaa52
10-15-2007, 07:57 PM
That was at Pier 19 where Galveston Party boat was at. It was a lot of fun!

Nice catches! I like the looks of that fish cleaning area, where is that? I am getting geared up for some saltwater fishing.

john
10-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Good looking fish.Seems you are hooked on fishing.

otocatchfish
10-15-2007, 09:47 PM
We used to go on them boats alot we always whent on the New Buccaneer and the Cavaleer, what boat did you go on?

otocatchfish
10-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Where did you catch the red and speck?

Ole Bill
10-16-2007, 08:16 AM
great stories and pics your my kind of gal two arms and a fishin pole. thats all anyone needs. oh yea and a camera to take the pics with and your realhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_7_208.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZU)standing there with those fish held up and that great big grin. I like to see happy people

Melissaa52
10-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Otocatchfish: Last year, I rode on the New Buccaneer and this time we were supposed to ride the same boat, but one of the engines broke, so they put us on the Cavalier. I like the Buccaneer better than the Cavalier. I caught the Red Snappers on that same Galveston Party Boat and the Specs were caught the weekend prior to the Galveston Party Boat on the West Bay by San Luis Pass. We fished there from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., of course, moving from one spot to another and back and forth. By the way, I looooove your signature line... "ShutUp & Fish"??? lol That sounds like my line. Too funny!

Ole Bill: I totally agree with you. All anyone needs is a fishing pole and a big ole grin. Yes, and a camera! I'm always happy when I catch a fish.... especially a big one. You'll see me literally jumping up and down.. ha ha ha And thanks for the compliment! :)

Ole Bill
10-16-2007, 09:24 PM
your welcome

roadtrip57
10-17-2007, 01:16 AM
john is always looking for a fishing buddy,, but he never keeps the bass?, don't they taste good fried?,,,lol

KingTut
10-17-2007, 03:27 AM
john is always looking for a fishing buddy,, but he never keeps the bass?, don't they taste good fried?,,,lol

:grrr: Blasphemer! There's NO eating in Bass fishing!

Ole Bill
10-17-2007, 08:34 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZU) no wunder them bass fishers are so scrawny and starved lookin always wundered bout that. anyways ifin they aint gonna eat them fish then send em my way i got a skillet what aint particular about the kind of fish it fries

Melissaa52
10-17-2007, 05:35 PM
:grrr: Blasphemer! There's NO eating in Bass fishing!

No EATING in bass fishing??? WHAAAAAAT?!!! Not me. I'm not the kind who releases them... ha ha ha ha Gotta eat 'em.... YUM!

Ole Bill
10-18-2007, 08:06 AM
you go girl im with you eat them critters

Melissaa52
10-25-2007, 09:22 AM
Ole Bill! You are too much! Too funny.

you go girl im with you eat them critters

Newbefisher
10-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey Melissa when I learn how to catch them kind of fish will you help me eat them? Oh and bill can join us if you don't mind. Or anyone that wants to. What do you say about that?

Melissaa52
10-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Newbefisher, I'd say, heck yeah! I'll join you and the more, the merrier. Anyone else??? Bring your own beer PLEEEEEASE!!! And by the way, I won't drink your beer since I'm girly drink drinker... ha ha Only wine coolers for me or mixed drink for that matter! Margarita please!:cheers:

Hey Melissa when I learn how to catch them kind of fish will you help me eat them? Oh and bill can join us if you don't mind. Or anyone that wants to. What do you say about that?

doublek
10-26-2007, 01:08 PM
great report! wish I could see a video of the salmon catch. As Dan the cable guy says, "I don't care who you are, that's funny." Nice fish. Keep em coming.

Melissaa52
10-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks, DoubleK!! I thought so too and I wish I had videotaped the catch as well. I actually had to grab the line and jerk it to bring the fish on land, and later realized that I had a small cut on my finger from holding the line. DUH! lol