PDA

View Full Version : First post here at FishingTX . . .

Bumgarja07
11-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey everybody! I really love this forum and appreciate all of the hard work everyone puts into it. Thanks for doing what you do!

I spent a few years fishing from kayaks all around San Luis Pass, Cold Pass, Christmas Bay, the surf, and North/South Deer Islands (or Confederate Reef). Although I really did love being out there on a kayak, I appreciate the boat fishing because I get to go home with dry underwear and socks! Well, most of the time anyways. . .

The report: My son, JakeMan, and I had a great father/son outing this past week on West Bay and I just wanted to share it with you. The day turned out PERFECT; north wind <5knots, water was beautiful, bait was everywhere, and there were some hungry fish! My son used live shrimp under popping corks and caught several trout (one keeper) on them. I threw bass assasin morning glory and bloody white chad which I caught 5 keeper trout and two 23" redfish on. I didn't hook as many fish as JakeMan did on the shrimp but the artificials attracted bigger trout and the redfish too. He caught a lot of 14"ers on the shrimp.

I gave the rod to Jake on the second red fish so he could see what it was like to catch one. He had his doubts about wether he would be able to get it in but he did it. His first red. Got to show him how to use the drag with this fish.

We rode over to Seawolf just to check it out--caught one flounder bumping a morning glory along the bottom. I am confident we could have caught more but it would have been work and my nine year olds' boredom level was beginning to build. We packed up and headed home after one great day together.

One more thing to add, we started off the day by putting our hands in the water and praying asking the Lord to hang out with us on the boat all day, protect us (very important for a trip with me!), bless our time together, and SHOW US WHERE THE FISH WERE! God answers prayer, ask Jake.

Here are some pictures:

I probably won't be prolific in posting but I do hope to have more to contribute to this board and to get to know you guys better!

Bum

Scotta
11-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Ecellent pics and great report. Please keep them coming.

Melissaa52
11-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Wow! Awesome. I'm really jealous now.

Now, how come I can't catch fish like that??? :grrr: LOL

How many flounders did you catch? I thought I saw more than 1 on the picture. I love that redfish though. Nice looking one.

Thanks for the great report, and nice pictures.

Gentleben
11-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Than kyo ufor joining !!:applause:

NewCaneyFishingLady
11-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Fantastic report and pics. Thanks!!

Bumgarja07
11-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Thank you Miss Melissaa!

I only caught the one flounder but I know there were more to take; especially, if I would have had some finger mullet or been rigged differently.

I have this thing going where, when I go down to the bay, if I don't catch anything else at all . . . I will catch atleast ONE flounder! Almost never fails. I call it my "complimentary thanks for coming down to the bay" flounder!

Nice to meet you!

Bum

tylerdan
11-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Enjoyed the report Bumgarja07. Sounds like you are training that boy in all the right things!

gator
11-06-2007, 12:59 PM
thanks for joining on in there bumgarja07 i can attest too is what you see is what you get with these guys so jump on in we love stories pictures but expesially enjoy seeing a dad an son bonding thanks for sharing the important things in your life with us

Layton
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the report,glad you found us,keep them reports comming & pics as well. And nice fish.

OCOE
11-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Great report! ... it's been too long since I've had my crew out ... gonna make it soon!

Ole Bill
11-06-2007, 02:16 PM
:welcome: well that was one ripsnortin report and some humdinger pics for a first time poster. that was just great expect ta hear more from you and your boy on a wild fishin trip. us ole shut ins like ta see this kind of stuff:114:

BassingtxLady
11-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Well, we sure are glad you did not wait an entire year to bring us up to date.

We enjoy getting reports good positive like these.

Keep them coming.

john
11-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Great story and pics.Your boy is gonna be bit by the fishin bug which is the best thing.
Welcome to the site,we are glad to have you and the JakeMan.

minner skinner
11-06-2007, 07:48 PM
awesome report and pics. i really enjoy w. bay reports. thanks

Bumgarja07
11-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Wow! What a welcome! Thanks everyone for yor replies. Makes me want to go fishing TODAY so I can put another post up here!

Hey . . . there's a new excuse!

Scotta
11-08-2007, 02:40 AM
toutnamy pt

Great report! ... it's been too long since I've had my ccruewout ... gonna make it soon!

OCOE
11-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Scott,

Your cut-n-paste needs a spell check option .. ;)