Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Aftermath of May gathering at BJ's(Pictures)

mudcat and his brothers

Thin Water Tracker
    Capn, I had no problem with you guys taking your fish. You guys worked hard and were the really the only ones that were working hard at night to catch fish. which seemed to be when the bite was on. I wasn't there friday night but there seemed to be a lot less people fishing or work at fishing. If you have plans for the fish you catch then that should be the right thing to happen. If people come out to these gathering to hit the fish fry and take home fish but not help in the work to cath then they have to take what is there and not think that they should get fish if there isn'ta lot of fish to be given out. I didn't see as much of the coremember working the night shift like there was art the Feb gathering and it shouldn't be up to three poeple to supply fish for te whole group. I could see that the bite was on at night and the other should have adjusted and fished at night but that didn't happen so the drums didn't fill up. So as a whole the number were down and if they are not there to give than so be it. They were your fish and you had plans for them and feeding them to you friend and family is a great thing for you guy to do and my hat is off to you for doing that. If every one tha was there with a boat there would have been working harder at fishing then there would been more fish to pass out but they didn't so there wasn't and that is that. I hope to hook up with you guy again when I a 100% and do some fishing, your true fishermen in my book!

medulla762
    Thanks to everyone for all their hard work especially Mrs. Gator! Man, she never slowed down.

Mudcat, the breakfast was fantastic and it was just what I needed to get through the morning. I hope they treat you right on the motor. Keep us updated.

Sounds like we were fortunate enought to have left early before all the bs went down. However we did not leave before some sorry pos stole ten of our jugs, three of mine and seven of BBDucks.

Folks, I had no idea yall were short of fish(that has to be a first for a gathering) or I would have left some of mine. I donated my catch to the two fellas

Yall please don't be too quick to judge these newbies, they are the most giving folks I know and they will be a great fit to our fold!

ThinWaterTracker, you are welcomed to borrow my boat anytime I'm not using it. Don, I'm not just saying this so if you want to fish give me a holler. I hope the knee heels soon. You have to show me them saltwater holes you been filling your fridge from...hehehe.

Looking forward to the next one!

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Quote Originally Posted by medulla762
    However we did not leave before some sorry pos stole ten of our jugs, three of mine and seven of BBDucks.
    And don't forget one of mine from back in that canal! And the feller barely didn't get my other, cause it snapped his line when he was tryin to snag it from the bank. We worked probly close to 60 jugs from Friday evening through early Saturday morning and had 11 stolen from us. :roll: That really stunk.
    I hate the Yankees.

with out giving up your spots what part of the lake did you get them stolen we need to report the area to lake patrol because they know our jugs and may start watching activity in the area and a few spot checks on the juggers might not hurt either as long as you be legal

Thanks for a great gathering it was really nice meeting a lot of yall for the first time I am looking forward to the next gathering and to be able to do some fishing with some of yall.

Gentleben it was a pleasure meeting you. You have a way of making anyone feel welcome.

I am sorry about there not being enough fish for the fish fry if I had known about the rules of the gathering before I left thangs would have been different. As capn said the fish we did take isn’t for our freezers it was for a fish fry which has grown from 35 people to 100 on the list as of yesterday. But if I had know the fish was needed for the fry Saturday I would had left it there for yall.

Thin Water Tracker thanks for helping with the fish I hope that knee gets better quick and I keep your boat in my thought may it have a miraculous healing :lol: :lol:

medulla762
    Quote Originally Posted by gator
    with out giving up your spots what part of the lake did you get them stolen we need to report the area to lake patrol because they know our jugs and may start watching activity in the area and a few spot checks on the juggers might not hurt either as long as you be legal

Hahaha, you know I don't keep secret spots.

The jugs were removed from the water not ten yards from the west bridge.

medulla762
    I forgot to mention I owe a great big thanks to whoever helped me clean fish. Thank yall!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar
    Sounds like yall had a good time except for the owner of BJ's. Sorry to hear of that. Ben did you really sink your boat? Hope not! That just aint right.
    The fish are in the water!

Lets just say the south side of 1960 bridge some where on the west end. I may be new to jugging but NO your not getting GPS location :lol: :lol: :lol: